The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah Bird Box was average. Some pretty lazy writing in some parts which really annoyed me. It was like a better version of the awful The Happening but still just average.

Not hard to be better than The Happening though.

I just had Birdbox recommend to me yesterday. I am not a fan of horror movies anyway so I would have passed on it. This confirms that I should. The greatest movie that I will ever miss. I can just feel it.

Over the last couple of weeks I watched the series Friday Night Lights. Has anyone seen it? It is amazing I thought. Coach Taylor is a fantastic character portrayed fantastically by Kyle Chandler. Glenn Morshower has some episodes in the series too (Agent Aaron Pierce from 24) so it’s an instant win for me.

After I finished the series I watched the movie version from 2004, that is pretty good as well. Connie Britton is in the movie as well as the TV series, I think the only actor in both.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the interactive episode of Black Mirror? If so I’m just gonna leave this here...

I found Friday Night Lights last year I think. Never watched it when it came out years ago and then just binge watched the whole thing. I loved it and I dont even like American Football.

I have only watched one American football game from start to finizh (2007 Super Bowl, Bears vs Colts) but have followed the Chicago Bears results for years. I might pick up the sport full time now after watching FNL. It looks like a really good sport.

Funny thing is that watching FNL I recognised the actor playing Vincent Howard from a character that I had seen years before on The Wire. Surprisingly I had no idea that the actor for both characters is Michael B Jordan. One of the biggest actors today. Had no idea it was him and I’ve seen him now in one of the greatest programs ever made (The Wire) and one that is now in my top 5 (FNL).

Just started FNL and liking it so far.

Stick with it to the end. You won’t be disappointed. Season 2 wasn’t as good as season 1 (the writers strike was that year and affected most shows) but season 3-5 picks up again and is splendid.

FNL is fantastic. There’s something about American Football films/shows that Americans seem to nail and make it feel more important than it is.

Totally agree. It was a very good series with an excellent cast. Nice blend of drama, sports scenes and humour.

FNL is fantastic. There’s something about American Football films/shows that Americans seem to nail and make it feel more important than it is.

This is very true. I’ve never been a fan of NFL but still very much enjoy Ballers and movies like Any Given Sunday, Varsity Blues, Remember The Titans etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back