The Law Police

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
This story appeared in the Sunraysia Daily 14/12/2018

http://www.sunraysiadaily.com.au/…/cop-in-court-over-chil…/…

VIKRAM Gopinath was working as a Senior Constable at Mildura Police Station when he met and began sending explicit messages to a 16-year-old girl who was in state care.

safe_image.php

Gopinath, 29, was charged with misconduct in a public office and attempting to procure a child aged 16 or 17 under his care for sexual penetration in January, and this week entered a guilty plea at Melbourne’s County Court.

Fairfax yesterday reported the accused met the victim while on duty, when she walked into the Mildura Police Station and asked for a ride home, which he agreed to.

The pair then struck up a conversation via Facebook and the victim began divulging information about her personal problems, the court was told.

The exchanges turned into that of a sexual nature with The Age reporting Gopinath sent the teenager explicit messages and provocative selfies where he was wearing in police uniform.

Police said the accused had met up with the teen twice when he picked her up from near her residential care unit, and hugged and kissed her at a local park during one of the meetings, Fairfax reported.

The court was told the teenager eventually threatened to show Gopinath’s Mildura police colleagues the selfies he had sent her and she ended up reporting him to local police.

Gopinath admitted he was aware of her age but said there was not anything sexual between them, the court heard.

He did however claim the victim had been harassing him and his girlfriend after he lost his phone.

Gopinath has no prior convictions, with his defence counsel telling the court he was of previous good character and as a result of the case was currently suspended without pay and would lose his job.

The accused’s bail was extended, he will re-appear before the County Court in January for sentencing.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
heaven's above.. these things need to be weeded out. glad that it was reconciled in time for this man to receive a mandatory sentence..

er not a sentence but a pocket of truth will be administered...

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ballsy from the cop, but absolutely brilliant.
handballing from one to the other... this is not always a connection that equal perception and states that opposition to the
working value of one thing and another is a kind thing..

the point obviously is that perception is an art and it will not always gather friends... this is my perception and I will 'diggity dog'.. it in to the perception...

but I always look to the outside as well..'

The Age doing a ripper series on piggies beating up people they shouldn't- pensioners, children. Absolute scum****s.

Imo if you are entrusted by the state to uphold the law and you wilfully disregard it, mandatory 20 year sentence.

Yeah smacking someone in the mouth is far worse than trivial s**t like rape and stuff.

This story appeared in the Sunraysia Daily 14/12/2018

http://www.sunraysiadaily.com.au/…/cop-in-court-over-chil…/…

VIKRAM Gopinath was working as a Senior Constable at Mildura Police Station when he met and began sending explicit messages to a 16-year-old girl who was in state care.

safe_image.php

Gopinath, 29, was charged with misconduct in a public office and attempting to procure a child aged 16 or 17 under his care for sexual penetration in January, and this week entered a guilty plea at Melbourne’s County Court.

Fairfax yesterday reported the accused met the victim while on duty, when she walked into the Mildura Police Station and asked for a ride home, which he agreed to.

The pair then struck up a conversation via Facebook and the victim began divulging information about her personal problems, the court was told.

The exchanges turned into that of a sexual nature with The Age reporting Gopinath sent the teenager explicit messages and provocative selfies where he was wearing in police uniform.

Police said the accused had met up with the teen twice when he picked her up from near her residential care unit, and hugged and kissed her at a local park during one of the meetings, Fairfax reported.

The court was told the teenager eventually threatened to show Gopinath’s Mildura police colleagues the selfies he had sent her and she ended up reporting him to local police.

Gopinath admitted he was aware of her age but said there was not anything sexual between them, the court heard.

He did however claim the victim had been harassing him and his girlfriend after he lost his phone.

Gopinath has no prior convictions, with his defence counsel telling the court he was of previous good character and as a result of the case was currently suspended without pay and would lose his job.

The accused’s bail was extended, he will re-appear before the County Court in January for sentencing.

The interesting thing here is that she was judged to be under his care, based on the original contact ( him being on-duty and driving her home in his capacity of a police officer ).
If it had been Ricky Nixon lurking outside, that drover her home and sent selfies ( come on, we all know its feasible ) there would have been no case to answer for.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Yeah smacking someone in the mouth is far worse than trivial s**t like rape and stuff.
Agree that sentences for sexual assault are inadequate, but you are understating the seriousness of this assault. The police didn't just "smack someone in the mouth"- they hospitalised a (female) doctor who was trying to help a civilian bleeding profusely, unattended on the sidewalk

Civilized society depends on law enforcement. If the people entrusted to uphold the law and protect civilians are beating up vulnerable people for kicks we may as well be living in Syria.

These thugs need to be made an example of.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Civilized society depends on law enforcement. .

Civilized society depends on laws representative of the will of the people that are administered in a manner with due process.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Agree that sentences for sexual assault are inadequate, but you are understating the seriousness of this assault. The police didn't just "smack someone in the mouth"- they hospitalised a (female) doctor who was trying to help a civilian bleeding profusely, unattended on the sidewalk

Civilized society depends on law enforcement. If the people entrusted to uphold the law and protect civilians are running around beating up vulnerable people for kicks we may as well be living in Syria.

Absolutely

Sadly corruption in the Police force is inevitable. In NSW, which has traditionally led the way in corruption, it's understood you need a royal commission every 20 years or so to keep in check.

The penchant for violence is not that uncommon historically, but recent stories coming from Victoria are truly disturbing. It has to be addressed formally somehow, something isn't working.

I suspect it comes from Police prioritising their own safety and pro-actively "doing into others before they do unto you". Aside from the outrageous human rights violations intimidation wont work anyway.

It was in Victoria that murder by Police led to retaliation and the murder of Police officers as crims retaliated the only way they could.

The risk is violence by Police will lead to riots as people in the streets react in a similar way.

I also think you can guage the integrity of policing somewhat by the numbers charged with resisting arrest. It's traditionally used to punish people who piss them off. There should be a lot of scrutiny on these charges in my view. Not to say they're never justified but they should need a strong motivation such as placing people in danger by resisting.

Civilized society depends on law enforcement. If the people entrusted to uphold the law and protect civilians are running around beating up vulnerable people for kicks we may as well be living in Syria.

Sure i'm agreeable but it has to be on a slide.

Random Beating Up by cop - 20 years.
Rape - how many years? 30?
Assault causing death ( using the erroneous term manslaughter ) ? More than rape? I'd hope so. 35 years?
Murder - what 40 -60 years?

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Sure i'm agreeable but it has to be on a slide.

Random Beating Up by cop - 20 years.
Rape - how many years? 30?
Assault causing death ( using the erroneous term manslaughter ) ? More than rape? I'd hope so. 35 years?
Murder - what 40 -60 years?
I don't generally support mandatory sentencing for violent crimes, although having 30 year sentences (or more) for people like Sean Price or Adrian Bailey might have been helpful.

Personally I see what this (and other) police officers have done as more than just violent crimes. Their actions undermine the integrity of the criminal justice system.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The amount of gear that the 'blueys" wear I am cogniscent of the value and physical difficulty and
not to mention the effect of nighttime aspirations...
But you dudes know this and do very well.
Keep u in my thoughts all the time...

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We are always cognisant of the need to be seen as a together nation and evolving organisation...
Sadly some people take some things too literally and divide everyone..
We at Vic Pol like to always be inclusive..
:)
You dropkick

Back