Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #5: Watt's the frequency, Kenneth? #nightswimming&****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Esports investment is about getting in on the ground floor of an industry that is growing incredibly fast. We bought an existing company because they were already self-sufficient, anything we invest in it is with the aim to grow it. If it was instantly going to make us millions we wouldn't have been able to afford it, but it will get there one day if we make sure its the best-resourced team in the country.

The Esports investment is like purchasing an English National League team with the goal to eventually build it up to be promoted into the EPL, if you're better resourced than your competitors you'll move ahead of them and if you can stay on top there is a pot of gold at the end. In the case of esports that pot of gold doesn't come from getting promoted into the top league, it comes from being the most marketable team in the country when today's flossing 12 yr old fortnight addicts become the key 25-34 age demographic.

When Trigg was at the club there wasn't a soft cap, it started in 2015.

Hard to see how it could, literally, be less like that

But if a private company receive Government funding or support they have to submit there financial to ASIC which in turn make them available to the Public.
I believe the Crows full financials of all there ventures will be available thru ASIC if you are not satisfied with the report to members.

Christ on a bike

Why would you say something that is so wrong you cannot reasonably have had any factual basis to believe it’s true?

Completely made up from nowhere

I’m not arguing against a restructure, I’m arguing against posters stating as fact that Reilly and Smart working in esports is free of cost because they were already on our payroll. But if it is correct, then it does suggest that we’ve been wasting precious resources on not fully employed staff.

This is simple maths, and anyone who has risen beyond management of the kettle in the break room knows this

Wasn't that the grant they deferred because they didn't satisfy recognition conditions? Unless I'm remembering something else. I'm referencing this:

"loss of $987,321 which was mitigated by a revaluation gain of $4,166,586 on its land and buildings"

Which would make up the increase in net asset position.

Now all they need to do is charge a performance fee on the unrealised revaluation gain and they’d be great fund managers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1588323.stm

September 11 was apparently a good day to bury bad news

It’s not exactly a new concept
Thanks you’ve reminded me, Magus its now Jan 2, nearly 2 weeks since your club buried your financials and we’ve had a tiny little article in the Advertiser and nothing else.

Shame on your club for trying to dupe it’s members as for your supporters who fell for it, well....

It's all fun and games til we drop our 2019 financial result on the eve of Australia day complete with $2m post depreciation loss.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
If we have a $2m loss, the day we release the results won't make any difference as serious questions would rightly be asked.

If we have a $2m loss, the day we release the results won't make any difference as serious questions would rightly be asked.
The Red Bull and Doritos consumed by the Legacey guys ain't cheap......

The Red Bull and Doritos consumed by Legacey ain't cheap......

Would be good to get proper segment reporting for esports, but I doubt the club will be transparent.

Christ on a bike

Why would you say something that is so wrong you cannot reasonably have had any factual basis to believe it’s true?

Completely made up from nowhere

Where am I Wrong,
The Private company having to submit a finical report, because According to ASIC if your company receives Government funding then you are required by law to submit full financial records, it written in Black and white on there web site,
Or a member gaining a copy of said financial reports. because I am under the impression If you are willing to pay the fee and submit the paperwork you can request a full a copy of the financial records. same as the media and other members have done for a few years.
Or the part about AFC eSport receiving government funding for it high schools program.

What did I say that was wrong.

Last edited:

...by Rucci, coming out of retirement, for a special one-off investigative article!!

Where am I Wrong,
The Private company having to submit a finical report, because According to ASIC if your company receives Government funding then you are required by law to submit full financial records, it written in Black and white on there web site,
Or a member gaining a copy of said financial reports. because I am under the impression If you are willing to pay the fee and submit the paperwork you can request a full a copy of the financial records. same as the media and other members have done for a few years.
Or the part about AFC eSport receiving government funding for it high schools program.

What did I say that was wrong.

I daresay it's a misunderstanding about what the government would actually want reported - there's a big difference between management reports and audited financial statements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I daresay it's a misunderstanding about what the government would actually want reported - there's a big difference between management reports and audited financial statements
Yes, that's a possibility,
But I was talking the Crows situation not big business, and they wouldn't they have to report full financials as they are also member based. Like they have in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back