Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Difference is we are signing them off of 0 professional appearances or minimal appearances. Those two had plenty.
Who are you talking about? I assumed you meant guts like Lookman and Holgate.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Well then your either being inflammatory or you’re just an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty agressive mate.

It was a genuine statement, Gotze, Lewa, Hummels, and it was whenever you looked like challenging them.

You're killing it in the Bundesliga, not sure why it is "inflammatory".

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/02/maur...sion-chelseas-christian-pulisic-deal-8304172/

Sarri claims he knew nothing about Pulisic !
so they have signed him without consulting the manager. Doesnt bode well for the player .

Thats how Sarri works, same as at Napoli. Hes happy to coach the players hes got or is given but doesnt get involved in transfers apparently. Hes a different cat.

The board asked him about him, he was positive so we bought him. Excellent.

https://www.thesirenssong.com/2015/7/16/8972039/maurizio-sarri-doesnt-want-to-think-about-transfers

Theres plently of other stuff like this if you google it. No need to worry.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thats how Sarri works, same as at Napoli. Hes happy to coach the players hes got or is given but doesnt get involved in transfers apparently. Hes a different cat.

https://www.thesirenssong.com/2015/7/16/8972039/maurizio-sarri-doesnt-want-to-think-about-transfers

Not sure about this. When asked on MotD about it he looked a bit annoyed and muttered something about only learning of yesterday. Mind you to be fair he never looks like a particularly happy bloke.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Not sure about this. When asked on MotD about it he looked a bit annoyed and muttered something about only learning of yesterday. Mind you to be fair he never looks like a particularly happy bloke.
We've been linked with him for 6 months and tried to buy him in the previous summer(with Sarris blessing), so he would have had a fair idea. Maybe the quickness of the buying in the window maybe what he means? Sarri did say he was positive towards us buying him a month ago.

He's said many times transfer bore him and he'd rather focus on the players he has and theres others at the club to handle the other stuff.

Maybe hes annoyed that we didnt win?

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
He wants to play, I'd prefer to hang onto him for 6 months and he can leave for free.

With EL and FA Cup there surely would be opportunities for Cesc. Any replacement you get isn't likely to be of the same quality especially in the winter transfer window. And what if they decide they want more game time?

Donnie Darko

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne

yeah thats how Sarri is !!
I know he is weird with transfers . But it has to be worrying for Pulisic that he is joining a team where the manager doesnt even know him.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
yeah thats how Sarri is !!
I know he is weird with transfers . But it has to be worrying for Pulisic that he is joining a team where the manager doesnt even know him.
Yeah i dont know, sounds like Sarri gave this signing his blessing a month ago but just that he didn't know it was happening yesterday that is all.

Sarri on Pulisic: "I didn't know anything about Pulisic yesterday. The club asked my opinion about him one month ago. My opinion was positive and today I've known that the deal is done."

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
With EL and FA Cup there surely would be opportunities for Cesc. Any replacement you get isn't likely to be of the same quality especially in the winter transfer window. And what if they decide they want more game time?

I agree with you, we should hang onto him for 6 months.

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Pretty agressive mate.

It was a genuine statement, Gotze, Lewa, Hummels, and it was whenever you looked like challenging them.

You're killing it in the Bundesliga, not sure why it is "inflammatory".

Do I actually need to spell out to you why that narrative is outdated?

Which of our players are Bayern going to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back