Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Crystal Palace fighting hard against Chelsea. 0-0 at half time .

Update : Chelsea won 1-0

Man City on top against Southhampton, lead 1-0 early on .
Go Saints

Last edited:

The great thing about the premiere league these days is there are very few nil all draws . Back in the 80s and 90s it seemed like almost every second game was a nil all draw . Teams these days play a very attacking style of football which is making any game good to watch even if they are the two bottom teams .

Go Saints

Ok , this is a better summary of Global TV .
If you are on a computer then download it from Microsoft store . It’s free , quick to get , no sign up or anything.
If you are on an iPad or a Mac hen download it from the apple store , it’s free as well .

Then

Choose England when the list of countries comes up .

A list of available channels then comes up

Choose Flow 1 channel when a game is due to be on and there the live coverage will be for you to watch .

You will see lots of other channels to watch like Discovery, Animal channel , Disney , news channels , movie channels etc it’s basically like having Foxtel for free .

You will be streaming content so be aware of your download limits from your isp . I’m on an unlimited quota as I assume most people are these days .

The only problem with Global TV app is there is no listing showing what’s on each channel. I assume that you can look up in the internet to see what they are showing but haven’t tried that yet .

There is no station from Australia or America. Not every country is there . Does anyone know if any of the countries listed there show the afl at all . Or is Afl shown on ESPN , FOX or another sports channel . It would be great if we got the afl next season for free as well .

If you have any problems let me know and we will try to work it out .

Good luck .

PS , all you Man U fans , the English station has the Man U channel on it .
unfortunately I have found no Liverpool channel on the countries I have checked so far but I will keep looking .

Go Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The baby faced assassin has made quite an impact so far
Releasing the shackles of a clearly bogged down and unhappy squad
And has United playing the United way! Which is a mixture of exhilaration, style
And squeaky bums. And I love it!
If we go down....We go down like we did under fergie, with it all hanging out
Relentlessly chasing more goals!

Long may it continue! :)

southhampton have defended very well in the first half with no goals so far . Probably Saints best defensive performance this season. Chelsea have looked very average so far with not a lot happening. they had a couple of chances but look tired. Hazard is a great player but too often goes for flashy out side of the boot type passes when just an ordinary pass would have worked.

loving this free coverage .

Spurs have played 21 games so far this season and still yet to draw a game , 16 wins and 5 losses , surely that must be close to a record lol .

Chelsea drew with Southhampton 0-0 , poor result for Chelsea.
Man U beat Newcastle 2-0
Bournemouth drew with Watford 3-3
Burnley beat Huddersfield 2-1
West Ham drew with Brighton 2-2
Palace beat Wolves 2-0

Go Saints

And I have no idea what result would be good for Spurs.
Maybe the draw?

Interesting, a win for Man City means you stay in touch with Liverpool but also means Man City are breathing down your back .
A win for Liverpool means you get away from Man City but means you are further behind Liverpool.

A draw means Liverpool are a further point away but Man City are a point closer . For Spurs I think a draw would be the best , preferably a nil all draw I guess .

Go Saints

And I have no idea what result would be good for Spurs.
Maybe the draw?
If Spurs have legitimate hopes of winning the league then surely the best result for them is a
City win! Another Liverpool win will soon have them over the hills and far away!

Pleased to see United continue their Renaissance under Ole with another comfortable win!
Team is suddenly playing for each other and looks to be in a good space!
Btw Shelvey is still the Dog with fleas he has always been! Dirty bald tosser!

You are my Solskjaer
My Ole Solskjaer
You make me happy when skies are grey

:)
One of my worst memories is going to Stamford Bridge over Christmas 1993, entering between armoured police horses, being packed in like sardines, having urine flow down the terrace and under my feet, watching Chelsea score against Newcastle, then being flung around in a crowd totally unable to move my arms or legs.

One of my best memories is the story related to me by my Chelsea friend.
At the World Cup, at a game between Germany and England, the German fans are singing, bragging about their three World Cups.
The English response is (to the tune of Old McDonald):
“Two World Wars and one World Cup, Doo Dah, Doo Dah”.

The first has been addressed.
The second I hope will live on forever.

If there is one gift the English bring to the world, it is humour. 😁

Man City 1-0 up

Even though Liverpool were about one cm away from scoring earlier , I think City have been the better side so far .

With that goal attempt by Liverpool earlier , who checks the goal line tech because the ref didn’t . The commentators said there was about 1cm not over the line which means it was incredibly close , is there an official in the stands who checks that and then radios the ref if it’s a goal ?

Go Saints

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back