Draft Review 2013 - Redo the 2013 AFL draft

Remove this Banner Ad

And getting suspended multiple times is surely has to reflect negatively on Sicily's consistency.

It doesn't change the fact that he had a very consistent season. It just shows that he was an idiot and needs to pull his head in. He's too good and too valuable to miss games for us.

It doesn't change the fact that he had a very consistent season. It just shows that he was an idiot and needs to pull his head in. He's too good and too valuable to miss games for us.

But for sure that would effect where he is drafted in a redraft. Teams avoid drafting dickheads

But for sure that would effect where he is drafted in a redraft. Teams avoid drafting dickheads
Carey, Ablett & Matthews were all suspended more than Hird and all 3 were better. Some of the greatest lived on the edge and sometimes over stepped the mark. It’s a non factor.

Carey, Ablett & Matthews were all suspended more than Hird and all 3 were better. Some of the greatest lived on the edge and sometimes over stepped the mark. It’s a non factor.

Come on, how is that an argument? The 3 names you mentioned are in the top 5 players to ever play the game.... you can overlook their indiscretions because they were Legendary footballers. They were great footballers with anger issues but there would have been 100 footballers who played football in the same manner.

Sicily is a handy footballer with anger issues who is one of only a couple players in the league with that sort of issue, coaches don’t want that sort of player in their team these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on, how is that an argument? The 3 names you mentioned are in the top 5 players to ever play the game.... you can overlook their indiscretions because they were Legendary footballers. They were great footballers with anger issues but there would have been 100 footballers who played football in the same manner.

Sicily is a handy footballer with anger issues who is one of only a couple players in the league with that sort of issue, coaches don’t want that sort of player in their team these days.
What rubbish - every club would love Sicily - as well as Toby Greene, Cameron and Gaff. Match winners >>>> brain fades.

What rubbish - every club would love Sicily - as well as Toby Greene, Cameron and Gaff. Match winners >>>> brain fades.

Yes, I’d happily have them all at Essendon but you can’t tell me it doesn’t effect where you would draft a player.

Hypothetically, Say you rank Barrass and Sicily equally as players. Reckon you’d still take Sicily over a bloke with a squeaky clean record?

Yes, I’d happily have them all at Essendon but you can’t tell me it doesn’t effect where you would draft a player.

Hypothetically, Say you rank Barrass and Sicily equally as players. Reckon you’d still take Sicily over a bloke with a squeaky clean record?
Jake Stringer is getting very nervous with the way you’re posting.

Jake Stringer is getting very nervous with the way you’re posting.

Jesus... I’m not saying I wouldn’t have dickheads on my team I’m just saying it is something coaches take into consideration when drafting players. Probably a fair reason why he slid to the 50s to begin with.

J. Kelly
P. Cripps
The Bont (if not for injuries he'd be #2)
B. Brown
Z. Merrett
J. Sicily
M. Crouch
T. Barrass
T. Nankervis
D. Gardiner

s**t!

We have the same players in our top 10 but in different order.

Mine is this:

J. Kelly.
P. Cripps.
Z. Merrett.
The Bont.
B. Brown.
M. Crouch.
J. Sicily.
D. Gardiner.
T. Barrass.
T. Nankervis.

s**t!

Mine is this:

J. Kelly.
P. Cripps.
Z. Merrett.
The Bont.
B. Brown.
M. Crouch.
J. Sicily.
D. Gardiner.
T. Barrass.
T. Nankervis.

I think the top 10 are pretty clear at this point in time.

What's your reasoning for Zerrett over the Bont?

s**t!

Mine is this:

J. Kelly.
P. Cripps.
Z. Merrett.
The Bont.
B. Brown.
M. Crouch.
J. Sicily.
D. Gardiner.
T. Barrass.
T. Nankervis.
I get that we are both probably very biased to our own clubs, but would you really take Merrett over Bont? Bont has achieved a lot more in his career (even excluding the premiership), and is more of a unique player, given he is a tall, goalscoring mid. Not saying Merrett isn't an absolute gun, but I'd be more likely to place him somewhere 4th to 7th (hard to decide where Brown, Sicily, Crouch and Merrett go)

Jesus... I’m not saying I wouldn’t have dickheads on my team I’m just saying it is something coaches take into consideration when drafting players. Probably a fair reason why he slid to the 50s to begin with.
So you honestly believe there was a question mark on Sicily’s personality when he was 17 and that’s why he slid?? Understand you don’t like him or the hawks but this is a massive stretch and I haven’t seen any quotes to back your claim up.

So you honestly believe there was a question mark on Sicily’s personality when he was 17 and that’s why he slid?? Understand you don’t like him or the hawks but this is a massive stretch and I haven’t seen any quotes to back your claim up.

Once again, you’ve managed to completely miss the point I’m trying to make...

I think the top 10 are pretty clear at this point in time.

What's your reasoning for Zerrett over the Bont?

I get that we are both probably very biased to our own clubs, but would you really take Merrett over Bont? Bont has achieved a lot more in his career (even excluding the premiership), and is more of a unique player, given he is a tall, goalscoring mid. Not saying Merrett isn't an absolute gun, but I'd be more likely to place him somewhere 4th to 7th (hard to decide where Brown, Sicily, Crouch and Merrett go)

Mainly for biased reasons as I have seen more of Zac than Bontempelli and I've felt he's consistently pulled off the most safest of disposals while I've seen Bontempelli kick it with no real aim on occasions .

Maybe Bontempelli being quite tall at 193cm makes him look more awkward than anyone 180+cm.

Once again, you’ve managed to completely miss the point I’m trying to make...

I got the point you were trying to make.

It’s the point about why Sicily went in the 50s I found interesting. Either you have made that up or you can back it up.

He was drafted as a forward with a question marks on his size and kicking. That’s why I thought he slid. He has turned into a gun intercept/rebounding defender. A Clarkson master stroke!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back