EPL Matchday 21

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we’ve often slagged off the atmosphere at the Etihad but that was immense from the city support tonight - really lifted their team. They deserved the points. Liverpool still in the box seat but least we have a title race now

Incredible if Liverpool win the title with TAA and Lovren defending that right side. They were both an absolute calamity today.

And seriously, ******* LOL. Seems like Liverpool are getting the victim narrative started nice and early after this one.

I suspect the next petition will be to get the result overturned because they think Kompany should've been sent off.

I know we’ve often slagged off the atmosphere at the Etihad but that was immense from the city support tonight - really lifted their team. They deserved the points. Liverpool still in the box seat but least we have a title race now
agreed. a problem easily solved in the future with cheaper tickets, but that is unlikely unfortunately

Incredible if Liverpool win the title with TAA and Lovren defending that right side. They were both an absolute calamity today.

And seriously, ******* LOL. Seems like Liverpool are getting the victim narrative started nice and early after this one.

— MattISpurs (@ParkLaneBlock40) January 3, 2019

I suspect the next petition will be to get the result overturned because they think Kompany should've been sent off.
TAA has been bloody great for most of the season, kid is 20 and will have the occasional bad game as will almost any player in the world. That is a stupid comment from you.

Lovren on the other hand, I think every Liverpool supporter agrees with you. It is amazing how well we did with him in December, we need Gomez and/or Matip back quickly

TAA has been bloody great for most of the season, kid is 20 and will have the occasional bad game as will almost any player in the world. That is a stupid comment from you.
But he hasn't. Sure going forward, but that's the same criticism Marcus Alonso gets week in and week out and it's valid. He has been weak down the right hand side and it is where all the teams that do wellagainst Liverpool find their joy. He's not a good right back. He's a good right wing back, where he doesn't have to be defensively responsible. There is no shame in admitting that, he's young of course and can improve, but he's not good enough for Liverpool just yet.

That is a still photo, why don't they ever show the full video without the Hawkeye graphic?

Lovren on the other hand, I think every Liverpool supporter agrees with you. It is amazing how well we did with him in December, we need Gomez and/or Matip back quickly
I think he's a great player going forward, but atm he doesn't have anywhere near the same quality defensively. He had a shocker today.

And I get he's 20 and he will get better. He's a great prospect. But that doesn't change the fact that he's not great defensively now, and it will be incredible if that defensive side of Lovren and him don't cost them more points.

I thought TAA had a good game, one of the best I’ve seen from him. Robertson is an absolute beast though, I can’t believe the *er is Scottish!

All joking aside, just applaud both teams for giving us such a great game. First half kinda cancelled each other out, but the second half had me on the edge of my seat. That’s what it’s all about at the end of the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. Sometimes we are all too intent on ripping on players just because they ended on the losing side. Everything about that second half was thrilling. The way City kept on going, the way Liverpool came back, the way City clung on at the end and the unbelievable atmosphere. If you wasn’t in awe watching that second half with all that going on then you’ll never really get the beautiful game.

Was a must win game, so today keeps us in the race. But not a lot more than that,

Liverpool didn't really crack under the pressure of the occasion and you get the feeling of we win the title it's going to be down to us being phenomenal over the last five months rather than Liverpool falling in a heap.

Fernandinho was amazing, Bernardo as well worked so hard for the team.

Nice break from the league now, got a lot of work ahead of us when we get back to the league

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Was a must win game, so today keeps us in the race. But not a lot more than that,

Liverpool didn't really crack under the pressure of the occasion and you get the feeling of we win the title it's going to be down to us being phenomenal over the last five months rather than Liverpool falling in a heap.

Nice break from the league now, got a lot of work ahead of us when we get back to the league

Try not to get overexcited old bean :p

Yep absolutely no signs of Liverpool "cracking" in any way shape or form in that game.

Maybe their crazy fans can help change that :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back