Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should stop posting in the Feminism thread if you don't like reading a discussion on actual Feminist theory every now and again.

This isn't a safe space for your bad takes and generalised misery.

Dunno where to start with this one.

I guess once you realise you can make your own people you feel pretty powerful.

It's a genetically inherited biological function.

No more powerful than eating a hamburger and making a turd the next day.

Feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of equality of the sexes.

Nek Minut...

The desire to colonize (Mars) — to have unquestioned, unchallenged and automatic access to something, to any type of body, and to use it at will — is a patriarchal one. Indeed, there is no ethical consideration among these billionaires about whether this should be done; rather, the conversation is when it will be done. Because, in the eyes of these intrepid explorers, this is the only way to save humanity.

It is the same instinctual and cultural force that teaches men that everything — and everyone — in their line of vision is theirs for the taking. You know, just like walking up to a woman and grabbing her by the pussy.

It’s there, so just grab it because you can.​

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...t-another-example-male-entitlement-ncna849681

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody toxic masculinity!

A 93-year-old woman who was stranded in her Magalia, California, home as a raging wildfire spread through the county was rescued by her longtime sanitation worker on the last stop of his shift.

With no family in the area and her caregiver gone for the day, Newsum stepped out on her front porch hoping someone would drive by and see her. That’s when her garbageman Dane Ray Cummings arrived.

"He said, 'You’re not staying here. You've got to get out of here. Why are you still here?'"

The Waste Management driver told KCRA his supervisor had earlier advised him to cut his route short and go home because of the fast-moving fire. But Cummings said he wanted to check on Newsum’s neighborhood in Magalia where “dozens of older residents” live.

"I been on that route eight years, and I just picked the people that I knew were older, and I tried to stop and help them and let them know that they were coming and make sure they were getting out," he said. "She was my last stop. I probably went to 45 or 50 people to see if I could help them."​

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/nationa...d-By-Garbageman-From-Camp-Fire-500399101.html

The first person on Mars will be a woman for political reasons and their entire attitude will change.

SpaceX president is female - Gwynne Shotwell. When this was pointed out her, the author of that piece tweeted 'Patriarchy knows no gender. Women are some of its best perpetrators'.

Nek Minut...

The desire to colonize (Mars) — to have unquestioned, unchallenged and automatic access to something, to any type of body, and to use it at will — is a patriarchal one. Indeed, there is no ethical consideration among these billionaires about whether this should be done; rather, the conversation is when it will be done. Because, in the eyes of these intrepid explorers, this is the only way to save humanity.

It is the same instinctual and cultural force that teaches men that everything — and everyone — in their line of vision is theirs for the taking. You know, just like walking up to a woman and grabbing her by the pussy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...t-another-example-male-entitlement-ncna849681
The corollary is that if it was up to women we’d still be picking lice off each other’s fur in Africa.

Nek Minut...

It's quite ironic that a female removed the most progressive gov for female rights australia has ever had. The gov that introduced the single parent pension and free health care and eduction. The three most important things ever done in this country for women.

It's quite ironic she has become a billionaire as a result of taking whatever she wanted.

Contemporary "feminism" continues to crash and burn:

New Orleans Women's March CANCELED After 'Drastic' Drop In Support

Organizers of the New Orleans Women's March say their January event is now off after a "drastic" drop-off in support, The Washington Times reports.

“Due to several issues we have decided it is necessary to cancel the 2019 Women’s March in New Orleans,” the National Organization for Women’s Baton Rouge chapter posted on social media Friday.

Though they did not initially specify the "issues" that led to NOW canceling the New Orleans Women's March — one of the largest in the country — a further statement indicated a severe drop-off in both participation and fundraising after two major exposes in Tablet and in The New York Times revealed that the national Women's March's hierarchy was a hotbed of anti-Semitic thought.

NOW Baton Rouge was clear it believes the national Women's March leadership, including organizers Bob Bland, Tamika Mallory, Linda Sarsour, and Carmen Perez, should resign.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/3983...HcrMrjucf6lr4yICdQk2mXdNjWKHrG5sd_OvNlzpsFMnQ

It's also interesting that Charlie and dianna were both victims of family violence thier abuser a female who forced Charles to Marry for the soul purpose of breeding. Charles wasn't allowed to marry the woman he loved.

This act of violence culminated in the death of the woman he was forced to marry by his Mother.

This story is reality that females in power behave no different to men. It's reality that femminests don't have a problem with what's been done and is happening. They only have a problem with who is doing it.

Personally, identity politics is not appealing me and I'm not keen, having unboxed myself, to box myself back in. I tend to avoid labeling myself, in this case I did because I felt it provided some context for what I was saying, but even then I consciously use the label queer in part because it is not a particularly clear or rigid term, which means people tend to ask what exactly I mean by it and I have a chance to explain to them how I feel about it at the time. For me it is a label that tries to be as inclusive as possible rather than exclusive, all of the LGBTQI etc. acronyms can dwell with in it, while still having useful meaning. There are times this makes my life more difficult, but on the whole I'd rather explore the nuance even if takes more effort.

This is what i don't understand about identity politics, especially when it comes to sex. It is like "don't label me - however, i'm a queer, poly, non-binary person"

You're exactly right people unbox themselves only to put themselves into smaller boxes. Argggg! So frustrating because we're all supposed to be on board with this and most people seriously do not care what people do in their bedrooms. If a 6"5 bearded bloke (who claims to be non-binary) walks into a female only yoga school and isn't allowed in, then guess what "i don't give a s**t". This is not outrageous.

Another thing, pronouns, at this stage i cannot see myself happily getting on board calling an individual "they" and "them" - this is grammatically incorrect and it offends me to the core. Please choose another pronoun. These ones are just asking too much. Seriously!!!!!

The kind of smug dishonesty you demonstrate in this post is the kind of thing that makes me wonder why I bother to engage here...

You are outnumbered. Most of the posters in here are MRA, incels that are beyond help. You are far more intelligent than the lot of them combined. It really is a waste of time. They're too far gone.

You are outnumbered. Most of the posters in here are MRA, incels that are beyond help. You are far more intelligent than the lot of them combined. It really is a waste of time. They're too far gone.
I think it might be you who's beyond help if you have to label anyone who posts a counter view to you as an incel, mra or making attcks around their intelligence. I've posted a bit in this thread and I'm not too far gone, not an MRA and not an incel. Simply demonstrates that you cannot debate the issues and you need to resort to using extreme labels to try and block out discussion from those you despise. No different to those far leftists who shout words like racist everytime someone says something valid which they don't like about another racial demographic group.

Not the first time you have just gone and abused other posters nor derailed discussions by posting inflammatory garbage in this thread though.

Society shouldn't mock and belittle a group of people they leave behind in the pursuit of being more inclusive to the fashionable marginalised group of the day.

At least you can always avoid discussing what someone has to say by invalidating their right to speak, that's the new flavour of the month.

TimmeT appears to have beaten me to the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back