Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would if he played for the crows but no chance playing for us.
You missed part of the story - how about where the group he was with had been at a winery for the day, that there was no trouble, that he wasn’t the only one asked to leave and they all complied when asked to do so and importantly the docker players are currently on Xmas leave.

Sounds like the reporting we get here.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And no wonder they continue to report like that when the likes of OGC continue to fall for it.
Now SF, I really don’t get why you single me out all the time to the point of being obsessed. Perhaps if you are that interested, look at my posting history over the past months to get some balance rather than pulling stuff out of your arse. I donkt mind being picked up when it’s warranted but you do talk a lot of s**t sometimes. :huh: ******* hell these new emojiis are crap. I guess that’s to deter me using them.:D

Now SF, I really don’t get why you single me out all the time to the point of being obsessed. Perhaps if you are that interested, look at my posting history over the past months to get some balance rather than pulling stuff out of your arse. I donkt mind being picked up when it’s warranted but you do talk a lot of s**t sometimes. :huh: ******* hell these new emojiis are crap. I guess that’s to deter me using them.:D

It is warranted. You complain about the media more than anyone else on this forum but you also play right into their hands more than anyone on this forum. If you don't like biased coverage and clickbait headlines, stop consuming biased coverage and believing clickbait headlines.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It is warranted. You complain about the media more than anyone else on this forum but you also play right into their hands more than anyone on this forum. If you don't like biased coverage and clickbait headlines, stop consuming biased coverage and believing clickbait headlines.
WHERE exactly is your proof that I complain about the media MORe than anyone on the forum? I am curious for your statistics.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

Hang in there mate, at least you're not Andy Maher...

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Keep governments out of this and it might happen in a reasonable time frame. Sure the government should fund a feasibility study as recommended in the story re available land, environment issues, planning issues etc, and help fast track (excuse the pun) getting thru this red tape, but don't let them be in charge of funding it otherwise it will never happen. The idea of the government funding an innovation hub is an ok one as well.

My colleague was the deputy chair of the committee that looked into the Very Fast Train concept between Melbourne and Sydney in 1993. He recommended in the interim report that the Oz government go to Germany and buy out the Maglev train and buy the rights and all up spend $500m on that and building stage 1 from Sydney to Canberra and finish it off over the next decade in stages as the money becomes available. The government didn't accepted it because it was lobbied heavily, by BHP who couldn't sell steel to build the tracks and by Elders who wanted to make capital appreciation on land it owned mainly in Victoria and southern NSW in the proposed rail corridor. In 1993 the Maglev was about 18 years old and apart from a 30 km test track in Germany hadn't been purchased by anyone, the price to buy them out back then would have been relatively cheap. The Maglev goes at around 500km/hr but on long runs could be cranked up to 800 km/hr. The TGV type fast train BHP and Elders wanted built goes at about 300km/hr

You can't depend on the government to drive this but they can help. Look at Musk since he first thought about it in 2012, worked on it for a while and then wrote a 58 page theoretical paper in 2013 and said he is to busy to do this but challenged others to take up his idea, 3 different groups have progressed pretty quickly with not much government backing. When you have a bloke called Brogan BamBrogan, Hyperloop One's co-founder, you want to see this succeed.

It's only taken about 3~4 years to go from talking about getting speeds of 800 km/hr to over 1,200 km/hr. Its coming, the only question is one of how long. In November the B1M construction guys looked at the 10 most likely routes around the world and they chose Brisbane to Melbourne. No Adelaide mentioned but it would be in the mix once this got serious.

The three Southern capitals — Porto Alegre, Florianópolis, and Curitiba — were left out, and freedom of movement is a concept unknown by the Argentines. A Brazilian loop, from Porto Alegre to São Paulo to Natal to Bethlehem to Goiânia to São Paulo would make more sense.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Que? Still bitter about the capitulation to River at home in the Libertadores?
Not at all. Águas passadas. I am bitter with the Gendarmería at the border.

Last edited:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-07/how-many-premiership-players-are-on-your-clubs-list

The number of flags on your club's list in 2019
Adelaide: 0
Brisbane: 5
Carlton: 1
Collingwood: 8
Essendon: 1
Fremantle: 4
GWS Giants: 1
Geelong: 11 .................. ( got think about this one - Selwood 3, Gaz 2, Taylor 2, Hawkins 2, others ??? )
Gold Coast: 0
Hawthorn: 35
Melbourne: 4
North Melbourne: 0
Port Adelaide: 1
Richmond: 22
St Kilda: 2
Sydney: 9
West Coast: 21
Western Bulldogs: 19

* Stats courtesy of Champion Data

I'm convinced Clarkson has done a deal with the devil. The amount of bullshit, luck, umpire assistance, opposition not showing up on GF day and various other anomolies was outside any statistical possibilities.

Once the AFL realised that Carlton were not going anywhere upwards in a hurry, they needed a new 4th member of the fabled "Big4". Hawthorn, the supremely white-bread, eastern suburbs, 80s toughguys/rich kids were the perfect candidate.

Last edited:
I'm convinced Clarkson has done a deal with the devil. The amount of bullshit, luck, umpire assistance, opposition not showing up on GF day and various other anomolies was outside any statistical possibilities.
He has played non Vic teams in his 2013-15 wins, Freo, Swans and Eagles, with the 2 WA teams not really being ready, and *en Geelong choked. 6.12 at half time missed numerous easy shots. They were 21-1 for the season and 23-1 going into the GF and chocked and got away with it. Any other non Vic team or small Vic team would have been dubbed chokers if they lost from that position. Helped that Stewie Dew turned it on for 10-12 minutes in the 3rd quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back