Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
AFL.com.au understands the 30-year-old underwent a procedure to have floating cartilage removed from his troublesome right knee.

While the Hawks are adamant he will return to running in the new year, it places question marks over his immediate football future.

Birchall had the surgery before attending the Hawks' summer training camp in Mooloolaba

"It's been a frustrating 18 months, it's fair to say, but I'm feeling really good, the knee's in a good spot and I'm right to go for day one (of pre-season), so I'm looking forward to it," he said.

"I was close (to playing in the finals series), but then I had little interruptions as I was coming back, so I had a little hammy and a little bit of a groin (problem).

"If we had beaten Melbourne in that final, the plan was to play half a game in the twos that weekend, then try and get back for West Coast the week after, but it didn't eventuate."

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
AFL.com.au understands the 30-year-old underwent a procedure to have floating cartilage removed from his troublesome right knee.

While the Hawks are adamant he will return to running in the new year, it places question marks over his immediate football future.

Birchall had the surgery before attending the Hawks' summer training camp in Mooloolaba

"It's been a frustrating 18 months, it's fair to say, but I'm feeling really good, the knee's in a good spot and I'm right to go for day one (of pre-season), so I'm looking forward to it," he said.

"I was close (to playing in the finals series), but then I had little interruptions as I was coming back, so I had a little hammy and a little bit of a groin (problem).

"If we had beaten Melbourne in that final, the plan was to play half a game in the twos that weekend, then try and get back for West Coast the week after, but it didn't eventuate."
Yep sure thing Grant.
Ill just come back from a year abd a half off and play West Coast in Perth in a final :rolleyes:

Barrass would have destroyed his groin with only his good looks

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I did say B4 Christmas Daniher was struggling big-time ......maybe club is telling some porkies at Membership Drive time

I don't think they'll risk Daniher at all this year, definitely not early on. If he's 100% right he'll play, if his OP is any doubt, then they'll hold him until later in the season.

It'll be much like O'Meara with any knee related niggles, they won't risk it.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back