Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ghossein

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Team Arrogance
the anti-freo side of me loves the fact that freo fans keep defending their pleb of a coach, but the anti-vic side of me wishes they'd hurry up, find a new coach and start making finals again

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
the anti-freo side of me loves the fact that freo fans keep defending their pleb of a coach, but the anti-vic side of me wishes they'd hurry up, find a new coach and start making finals again

So you would rather Freo win a GF than a non-Freo side?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
So you would rather Freo win a GF than a non-Freo side?

I was hoping Freo beat the Hawks back in 2014.

Its the difference between Eagles and Freo fans. I feel most Eagles fans would support Freo in a GF against a Vic club. Unlike Fyfe last season being dead set against the Eagles beating Collingwood.

Must be the inferiority complex coming through!

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Its the difference between Eagles and Freo fans. I feel most Eagles fans would support Freo in a GF against a Vic club. Unlike Fyfe last season being dead set against the Eagles beating Collingwood.

Must be the inferiority complex coming through!

It's just because we're more likeable than you.

Boppo

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sth Freo
Mundy may fall off the cliff this year simply cos of his age which puts a heap of work on Fyfe. The next tier mids really need to step up

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
It's just because we're more likeable than you.

For such a likable lot there is a lot of hate with anythind Eagles related!

As I mentioned, you need to get over the inferiority complex.

Just think how sweet it will be when Freo lands its first flag...........as long as it isnt against your big brother I'll cheer you all on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
For such a likable lot there is a lot of hate with anythind Eagles related!

As I mentioned, you need to get over the inferiority complex.

Just think how sweet it will be when Freo lands its first flag...........as long as it isnt against your big brother I'll cheer you all on.

It’s not inferiority - just intense dislike of your corporate approach and manipulation of local media. Unfortunately Nesbitt’s blatant lying episode towards the end of they year was rewarded with a premiership.

It’s not inferiority - just intense dislike of your corporate approach and manipulation of local media. Unfortunately Nesbitt’s blatant lying episode towards the end of they year was rewarded with a premiership.

Typical West (Coast) Australian and Channel Eagle, I mean 7, during September it was about the Eagles and nothing about the Dockers.

As to 'corporate approach' - isn't the goal of all 18 AFL clubs to make money for themselves and the AFL in general? It's not a charity and the people involved aren't all volunteers.

Ghossein

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Team Arrogance

By "corporate approach" you just mean commercial success, yeah?

Yes, we control the local media because we are actually the head of the Illuminati. Of course it's not that this "Nesbitt" fellow was mislead and simply mixed up the two Brayshaws, no it must be all part of some kind of conspiracy (as mentioned we control the media with an iron fist). Every journalist in the state must first email their articles to "Nesbitt" for approval.

And you wonder why you get accused of having an inferiority complex. It's January 2019 and you're still fuming about an incident in August 2018 that's been resolved. Every time I check the freo board to see what's happening at our other WA club I can be sure that on some page, regardless of the topic, some poster will be fuming about the eagles. Most recently, the Bennell thread. Give it a rest pls.

Aw come on now, Rosich's blatant lying resulted in you getting picks to help get Hogan and Lobb so you guys did benefit from CEO lies as well :rainbow:

As for the corporate approach, good thing you stayed in your heart land of Fremantle and didn’t leave to go to brand new facilities eh?

Last edited:

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Typical West (Coast) Australian and Channel Eagle, I mean 7, during September it was about the Eagles and nothing about the Dockers.

As to 'corporate approach' - isn't the goal of all 18 AFL clubs to make money for themselves and the AFL in general? It's not a charity and the people involved aren't all volunteers.
There are a number of journalistic connections between the WCE Board and Channel 7. Chris Wharton was employed as a Channel 7 journalist previously, and now serves on your Board of Directors , so there is some substance to linking the two.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Every time I check the freo board to see what's happening at our other WA club I can be sure that on some page, regardless of the topic, some poster will be fuming about the eagles. Most recently, the Bennell thread. Give it a rest pls.

Because that thread is full of eagles supporters sticking their noses in on our board as usual.

Yet we're the obsessed ones apparently, go figure.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Because that thread is full of eagles supporters sticking their noses in on our board as usual.

Yet we're the obsessed ones apparently, go figure.

Ha ha that's spot on

20 minutes after winning a AFL grand final .... " off to the Freo board "

There was even some w***ers who were still at the MCG on there which I found strange because as far as I was told no WC fans take their phones to the footy

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Just seems to be a joyless dreariness about Freo last few years.

Think they have the bones of a good team there - may be 2-3 years away but youd wonder what a fresh voice and new game plan would do to energise the place.
Well its a known fact that you and other Geelong fans Hate Ross Lyon. Saints got Scott Watters and then Alan Richardson once Lyon left that saints team. I am sure their ideas gave the saints finals between 2012-2018

I will be brutally honest here. Ross Lyon would be between 15-30% of freos total Problems. Hell. I also Blame Between 15-30%. of Freos problems with recruiting/trading. You can blame Ross Lyon to a degree but not all problems. Go look at Freos 1st round picks from 2007-2017.

Anthony Morabito. Heard of him? he was pick 4 in the 2009 draft. Looked great in is 1st year, then had 3 ACL injuries in 4 years.

Michael Apeness. Heard of him? Pick 17 in the 2013 AFL draft. He was a 200 cm and 100kg key forward ruckman. Played 2 games in 2014 After good form in the wafl.. played more wafl games in 2015 then did his Knee and was out for 12 months. Comes back in the middle of 2016. Plays 5 games and kicks 3 goals. Did his knee in 2017 and again is out for 12 months. comes back in the middle of 2018 and again plays 5 games and kicks 3 goals. was out of contract in 2018 then gets a new 1 year deal. 1 week after getting a contract extension, gets another season ending knee injury. Freo delists him and was going to put him on the rookie list. He retires Anyway.

Just 2 examples of 2 injury prone 1st round players. Surely Ross Lyons fault....

Saying that, Ross Has given the youth a few games.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers

See even you acknowledge the West (Coast) Australian.

Put it this way, The WAFC is a communist corporation, no more, no less. You should be thankful that Freo are profitable and not as badly run financially like Port Adelaide from 2008-2012. If Freo were losing money every year, the WAFC will dip in to your teams profits prop freo up.

Oh and I just noticed you are a man united supporter as well as I am A man city fan. I see the trend.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

I must admit Nisbitt ran a root on the Golfgate comments.

Very strange stuff.

However that is a very recent event. The Freo hate of the Eagles is not a recent thing. Early on it was just a growing rivalry but it seems to be growing into an unhealthy level which is somewhat onesided on the intensity scale.

Back