Roast Richmond FC website is getting worse

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Not happy with the quality of output from the Richmond website.The current 'trivia' quizzes are written by some marketing knob who thinks we should know who eg 'played more games John Manton or Noel Jenkinson ' when there's one game difference! GMAB. Also it takes longer than any other website to load and is full of corporate chicken feeding.Surely now with 100,000 members ,we can create our own user friendly website with informative info about the players eg 5km time trial results with every players time ect

poppa pump

All Australian
Jun 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
FOUND THIS ON SALTY GEELONG BOARD, THANKS YOU KKUUNNTTS ,JUST LOVE UN INTENDED PRAISE,GREAT FUTURE AHEAD OF US TIGES.

here is how the lists look in their gap from the age of 26, this is top 25 players for each club rookies not included (this is how far away each player is from the age of 26 as of 1st june 19, the smaller number the better)

North Melbourne 50.96
Essendon 54.11
St Kilda 54.19
Richmond 54.76
GWS 57.9
Melbourne 58.09
Gold Coast 59.45
Fremantle 64.28
Adelaide 65.4
West Coast 65.69
Port Adelaide 67.42
Brisbane 68.57
Collingwood 70.19
Western Bulldogs 71.03
Hawthorn 73.16
Geelong 74.53
Carlton 80.38
Sydney 83.24

ivansarmy

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree those quizes are ridiculous. Would much rather them spend time updating players information so that it is actually accurate. Also how hard is it to get a picture of our draftees rather than a blank space they are at the club nearly everyday. I’d also like more information on our VFL players e.g who we have recruited/lost.
I know these are petty complaints and the club does pretty much everything really well. But I feel like it’s not hard to do these things and our fans would appreciate it.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree those quizes are ridiculous. Would much rather them spend time updating players information so that it is actually accurate. Also how hard is it to get a picture of our draftees rather than a blank space they are at the club nearly everyday. I’d also like more information on our VFL players e.g who we have recruited/lost.
I know these are petty complaints and the club does pretty much everything really well. But I feel like it’s not hard to do these things and our fans would appreciate it.
Yes agree, they should have the list pictures updated the day after the draft, it would take less than 5 minutes.The VFL gets short shrift yet the AFLW gets heaps of articles considering they are over 12 months away and none of the players have any history with Richmond. Would also like some info on who's bulking up, who's trimming down ie more info on the individual training programs ect

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
even the star recruit TL, he's got a picture....yet no one is capable of removing the background so it's consistent with the others (white bg)...c'mon...noone there knows Photoshop ?

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
there...not that hard...even gave him a grin and raised eyebrow.....and extra muscles !!!
TL.png

Last edited:
FOUND THIS ON SALTY GEELONG BOARD, THANKS YOU KKUUNNTTS ,JUST LOVE UN INTENDED PRAISE,GREAT FUTURE AHEAD OF US TIGES.

here is how the lists look in their gap from the age of 26, this is top 25 players for each club rookies not included (this is how far away each player is from the age of 26 as of 1st june 19, the smaller number the better)

North Melbourne 50.96
Essendon 54.11
St Kilda 54.19
Richmond 54.76
GWS 57.9
Melbourne 58.09
Gold Coast 59.45
Fremantle 64.28
Adelaide 65.4
West Coast 65.69
Port Adelaide 67.42
Brisbane 68.57
Collingwood 70.19
Western Bulldogs 71.03
Hawthorn 73.16
Geelong 74.53
Carlton 80.38
Sydney 83.24

What do the numbers mean? How old the core list is?

If so then we have a young core group and a contending one. All good. But Carlton!!! I thought they were a young list of super guns. Looks like they rely on old guys heading for the scrap heap. (Not reading too much into that number I don't understand I reckon)

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

If so then we have a young core group and a contending one. All good. But Carlton!!! I thought they were a young list of super guns. Looks like they rely on old guys heading for the scrap heap. (Not reading too much into that number I don't understand I reckon)
my interpretation would be: of the best 25 players...their difference in age from 26 (must be the most likely average age of a premiership team) are tallied up and that's the number.

So for us, 54.76.....take that divide by 25 players =2.19...it means for our best 25 players....they are on average 2.19 years away from the 'magical' age (26).....'away' means both younger/older.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Yes agree, they should have the list pictures updated the day after the draft, it would take less than 5 minutes.The VFL gets short shrift yet the AFLW gets heaps of articles considering they are over 12 months away and none of the players have any history with Richmond. Would also like some info on who's bulking up, who's trimming down ie more info on the individual training programs ect
david-tennantapplauseapprove.gif

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

Seriously that mob from Krapdinia Park are in for a dark , long year. I say reappoint Chris Scott for another 37 years !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

my interpretation would be: of the best 25 players...their difference in age from 26 (must be the most likely average age of a premiership team) are tallied up and that's the number.

So for us, 54.76.....take that divide by 25 players =2.19...it means for our best 25 players....they are on average 2.19 years away from the 'magical' age (26).....'away' means both younger/older.

Thanks

I have trouble interpreting that then. If you have a wide age range around 26 then you get a high number. And if you have a narrow age range above or below then you get the same low number. So it's not a measure of actual age, but a measure of the range of ages in your top 25? Hmm, not sure what they means. I guess you'll only get a large number if you've got older players. No one has a team of 29 year olds. :think:

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Thanks

I have trouble interpreting that then. If you have a wide age range around 26 then you get a high number. And if you have a narrow age range above or below then you get the same low number. So it's not a measure of actual age, but a measure of the range of ages in your top 25? Hmm, not sure what they means. I guess you'll only get a large number if you've got older players. No one has a team of 29 year olds. :think:
Agree to a degree. Total garbage stats I thought at 1st. But I guess it shows the "age quality" of the group at the ready to perform now. If you did it for age "22" then you'd be thinking 4-5 years away for peak performance. When the poster says "the lower number the better", that only applies if you are a top 4 team now. If not, then short term worrying signs surely. But a high number could also be great for 2019/20 if you have a group of absolute dominating guns in that 29-32 age bracket.

But it's off season, so random stats are a good thing.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The Richmond website is pathetic

Black on the new players
Tom Lynch pic was taken by a 12 yo fan
Nathan Drummond still on the senior list as #39 and next to him #39 Jake Aarts
Mav Weller not on the list
The Heights/weights not updated for 2 years now

Just Rubbish !! In Comparison the carlton site has all their new player on it and properly done

From my understanding the club is very restricted by Telstra who host the website and champion data are the ones who are responsible for the hieghts and weights being updated.

As for time trial times. If the club hasn't posted them it's because they don't want the results to be public knowledge. I can't think of any club that posts a full squads times.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
From my understanding the club is very restricted by Telstra who host the website and champion data are the ones who are responsible for the hieghts and weights being updated.

As for time trial times. If the club hasn't posted them it's because they don't want the results to be public knowledge. I can't think of any club that posts a full squads times.
It's about time the cub ran it's own website, the current one is not up to it . It sounds like it's outsourced to Telstra from what your saying?

It's about time the cub ran it's own website, the current one is not up to it . It sounds like it's outsourced to Telstra from what your saying?

The AFL have a long standing agreement with Telstra to host all the club websites. My understanding is that we don't have a choice.

Obviously we have a lot of control but there are also a lot of limitations when it come to the look, functionality, web video players etc

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
The AFL have a long standing agreement with Telstra to host all the club websites. My understanding is that we don't have a choice.

Obviously we have a lot of control but there are also a lot of limitations when it come to the look, functionality, web video players etc
Is this a long term thing all the clubs signed years ago and is it do with and AFL sponsorship?

Is this a long term thing all the clubs signed years ago and is it do with and AFL sponsorship?

I could be wrong but I think it's tied to the broadcast rights deal. Telstra own the rights to the AFL on Digital platforms. That expires in 2022.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
would have thought yes since they're a major sponsor....AFL clubs must use Telstra as the webhost....but that's independent of the content. I have my personal page hosted by TPG but I control what/when to upload....including rants....this is why you would often see the phrase "...this is NOT the view of the AFL..."

The fault should lie with whoever is responsible for the content...could be RFC internally...or some web design co.....but content must be approved by RFC before being uploaded...

But headshots ?.....C'mon.........not that hard....crikey.

Back