The Bigfooty Official Week 12 thread (post new years hangover oh yeah why don't you come here and)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capela's game has been overlooked because of Harden's. He was sensational. 29 points and 21 rebounds (9 offensive).

Harden's last shot was crazy. Twice in a week we've been beaten by a crazy 3 at the buzzer in OT.

I'm pretty sure Aldridge didn't refuse to play, not talk to the players and hide from Blazer officials and then not turn up to support his team in the playoffs.
He didn't leave on the best of terms, particularly with lillard.

I don't have a problem with booing but personally traitor is too far.

Look at Isaiah Thomas and what he did for the Celtics, then he's traded.

As fans we have this perception that our players should be loyal, but teams have no problem trading or waiving players, so how can we be mad when a player wants to leave, particularly without being privy to what's gone on behind closed doors.

Well that was quicker than expected, figured we'd have at least a bit longer of a honeymoon period. He's not really wrong tho, they need to be putting him in more pnr situations.

You do wonder how long brown stays on now that the pressure will ramp up

Tbf Embiid questioned the offense a couple of weeks ago

Last edited:
This thing where every little thing that happens with the Sixers gets spun through the national media cycle is goddamn exhausting, and part of the reason why I'm not going out of my way to catch their games.

Jimmy being animated or whatever about his role on the team is not the story here because a) that's not a surprise, b) he's not wrong, and c) this line in the story:

Brown has told people within the organization that he had no issues with that exchange and considered it within the confines of the relationship that he has developed with Butler, sources said.

But it being leaked (and by the tone of the piece by Sixers personnel) is infuriating and just another of those self-inflicted wounds the team has been committing since 2016.

You do wonder how long brown stays on now that the pressure will ramp up

Tbf Embiid questioned the offense a couple of weeks ago
The funny thing is they have the 5th ranked offense in the league since Jimmy joined.

But the big hole in Bretts offense is that it rarely incorporates any pnr, not that he's exactly had any good pnr players in the past but it's something they should be doing more of.

I'm yet to hear of any reasonable alternative to Brett from his detractors tho. Like, do they want Jim Boylen?

Well that was quicker than expected, figured we'd have at least a bit longer of a honeymoon period. He's not really wrong tho, they need to be putting him in more pnr situations.

giphy.gif

This thing where every little thing that happens with the Sixers gets spun through the national media cycle is goddamn exhausting

Try being a Warriors fan!

We lose a game to the hottest team in the league in OT by an all time great buzzer beater, where one guy has a career game (Capela) and another guy has a 40 point triple double with 10 three pointers in January => the sky is falling.

We lose a game to the hottest team in the league in OT by an all time great buzzer beater, where one guy has a career game (Capela) and another guy has a 40 point triple double with 10 three pointers in January => the sky is falling.
You will be in our prayers tonight

Comes with the territory if you're a team that's won 3 rings in 4 years. Sixers haven't stopped creating headlines since Hinkie traded away Michael Carter-Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't want to continue this, but you left the door open wide.

Did indecision cloud your vision?

Capela's game has been overlooked because of Harden's. He was sensational. 29 points and 21 rebounds (9 offensive).

Harden's last shot was crazy. Twice in a week we've been beaten by a crazy 3 at the buzzer in OT.

I think 5/5 from the line and 1 foul in nearly 46 mins was amazing.

You also lost to a short handed team after being up 21 on your home floor. Surely reason for concern.

You want it all but you can't have it

I think 5/5 from the line and 1 foul in nearly 46 mins was amazing.

Yeah, the free throws were great, particularly the one with (I think) 50 seconds left in the game. Important as it made it a one possession game instead of a 4 point lead.

You also lost to a short handed team after being up 21 on your home floor. Surely reason for concern.

We shouldn't lose it obviously, but it's not like we played bad. 52% shooting. 38% from 3s, 93% from the line, 33 assists.

It was more about how Houston played than us. Harden was sick in the third quarter (when they got back into it) and OT (where they ultimately won it). He made 8/12 3 pointers in those two periods. And they were defended fine. If he makes that step back there's really nothing you can do about it.

Plus Capella played the game of his life.

And Houston didn't make any mistakes. I think 1 turnover in the second half.

Despite all that, it took a miracle shot to beat us right at the end.

Could we be playing better? Definitely. But there's no sky falling at the moment. We're two insane buzzer beaters in the last week away from a 4 game winning streak and being on top of the West.

Golden State should be $1.01 to win it all.

I'm sure that's aimed at me, but you're sort of proving my point.

I don't think we're unbeatable. That's why when we lose I don't think it's the end of the world, because we're a basketball team. Sometimes we win and sometimes to lose. Same will go in the playoffs. We will be (and should be) comfortable favorites in every series. But we could lose any series. We aren't unbeatable.

But according to the media we should be unbeatable (paying $1.01) and when we lose the world is ending.

It's stupid.

Last edited:
I'm sure that's aimed at me, but you're sort of proving my point.

I don't think we're unbeatable. That's why when we lose I don't think it's the end of the world, because we're a basketball team. Sometimes we win and sometimes to lose. Same will go in the playoffs. We will be (and should be) comfortable favorites in every series. But we could lose any series. We aren't unbeatable.

But according to the media we should be unbeatable (paying a $1.01) and when we lose the world is ending.

It's stupid.
Not aimed at you.

I just think Golden State's best is still so much better than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back