Prediction 2019 Draftees - Who will be the stand outs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough but in the same breath brisbane is brisbane and you have a history of success under the leigh matthew years that is only rivalled by hawthorn and geelong in the modern comp...that does count when you boil it back. Heritage counts.

There is a reason that sport struggles on the gold coast..why have basketball and rugby league failed there. Why does the AFL feel it can succeed where rugby in a rugby heartland has failed?. There are other factors at play that make the GC a unique situation.

As for gc needing talls..i did answer it in one post by saying why not take both king twins and lukosius if tgey have enough smaller players? Taking both king twins instead of rankine appears far smarter in helping to try and keep them on the coast than taking 1 and have him.watch his twin brother get to live at home in melbourne playing for his favorite team...surely. max king was discussed as a possible no 1 draft pick in this years draft crop before injury so he cartainly was no mug pick
1) 2018 draft finished
2) you can't change the past
3) you don't know the future
4) you are not the recruiters
5) if you give odds 1: 100 dollar one or two of Lukosius ,Rankine and Ben king staying with GC after two years , I would put my 1 dollar in ( Soccer Leicester)
6) IMO GC players injuries history not in favour of taking Max king, Caldwell- Bennell , O Meara . Rankine,Lukosius , Ben king are all ready for pre season training.

Last edited:
I'm glad GC drafted luko and rankine. They could of easily traded with port who had a slightly better hand than ours after all the previous trades.

I'm glad GC drafted luko and rankine. They could of easily traded with port who had a slightly better hand than ours after all the previous trades.

I reckon the only people suggesting GC should trade down were those who didn't have the club's best interest at heart (ie. Port / Adelaide supporters hoping for one or both). The two most talented and accomplished players available to them, it's just a no brainer they had to do it. Would have been a weak decision to shy away from the scrutiny of the two most high profile kids, when there is no guarantee that the alternative (presumably three) kids lower in the order would stay long term either. Hopefully for them it will kick start a turnaround in fortunes.

1, standout mid/small of 2018 draft: Rankine
2, standout tall of 2018 frat: Max King
3, 2019 rising star award winner: Rankine

Lukosius sounds Toumpas-esque in his hard ball winning ability, will take a few years to come on.

1. Rankine
2. M.King
3. Smith

Eli Smith? Methinx you have him rated a bit low.:D

Seriously, IMO he will end up in the top 10 from this draft.

Crow till I die , you have ruined a good thread. On and on and on and on and on about something that has nothing to do with the thread title. How about you make a new years resolution to be relevant?

Last edited:

Crow till I die , you have ruined a good thread. On and on and on and on and on about something that has nothing to do with the thread title. How about you make a new years resolution to be relevant?
Haha I rate Ely.

Reckon he will play most games?

Ely.

I know you put the little green smiley face, but I’m not sure of the context. Because you know the Smith in question is Bailey Smith, or because you know we’re not ranking the top 3 kids from the draft, but answering, 1. Best small, 2. Best tall, 3. Rising Star winner. Or both.

Ely.

I know you put the little green smiley face, but I’m not sure of the context. Because you know the Smith in question is Bailey Smith, or because you know we’re not ranking the top 3 kids from the draft, but answering, 1. Best small, 2. Best tall, 3. Rising Star winner. Or both.

Really? Well I never.

Still more relavant than 90% of the posts preceding it.

Crows till I die is absolutely ruining this thread with a pathetic and weak list management stategy that defies logic. For Suns to ever be successful, ultimately leading to players wanting to stay, they need wins, sponsorships and crowds. Elite players will much better achieve this than 2nd tier players.

CTID please stop posting the same stuff over and over. You have basically made the same points now in 10-15 of your posts and ultimately you are guessing eg take Luko and M King at #2 and #3 there is no guarantee B King is still there at 6 when Saints and Power (yes Powers List Management we’re considering him in days before draft).

Anyway sick of same repititive stuff so best to leave it.

Crows till I die is absolutely ruining this thread with a pathetic and weak list management stategy that defies logic. For Suns to ever be successful, ultimately leading to players wanting to stay, they need wins, sponsorships and crowds. Elite players will much better achieve this than 2nd tier players.

CTID please stop posting the same stuff over and over. You have basically made the same points now in 10-15 of your posts and ultimately you are guessing eg take Luko and M King at #2 and #3 there is no guarantee B King is still there at 6 when Saints and Power (yes Powers List Management we’re considering him in days before draft).

Anyway sick of same repititive stuff so best to leave it.
Take a hike since you choose to reopen things werks after the last post

I think your take on list management is pathetic and weak because you like the others just stick your head in the sand and hope the same strategy that has failed them time and again will somehow like a miracle work this time.

Last edited:

Yeah but people always tend to say those things about the players they draft, regardless of who it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Walsh - He is ready to go. Big reason why they picked him imo, rather than putting a couple of years into Luko. Will play 22 games if fit.
2. Smith - Also, fairly ready, but also will get enough opportunities.
3. Rozee - Kid is a gun. Could have a similar impact as Stephenson. Will get enough opportunities.

Think he is the rising star smoky. Ready made body with an avalible position in a team ready to rise.

GCs already have GHS, Miles , Corey Ellis , Murdoch , Holman , Young , Burgess ( 4 years contract) , Collins , Hombsch , Corbett ( 4 years contract) don't need drafting the same type but just younger ( 18 years old ) in the squad .
Yuck. Looking like a few delistings coming up

GCs already have GHS, Miles , Corey Ellis , Murdoch , Holman , Young , Burgess ( 4 years contract) , Collins , Hombsch , Corbett ( 4 years contract) don't need drafting the same type but just younger ( 18 years old ) in the squad .
They signed state players for four years? That's bizarre.

1. Walsh - He is ready to go. Big reason why they picked him imo, rather than putting a couple of years into Luko. Will play 22 games if fit.
2. Smith - Also, fairly ready, but also will get enough opportunities.
3. Rozee - Kid is a gun. Could have a similar impact as Stephenson. Will get enough opportunities.
Comparison between Rozee and Stephenson is probably a good call.

Walsh already a standout, by the way he goes about things on the field and by the way his peers and coaches have adopted him.
I've never seen a first year player garner so much attention and love in the way he has for his short time at the CFC.

The way the CFC are signing up its youth, I wouldn't be surprised for a 5 year contract to be floated before the season even starts.

Walsh already a standout, by the way he goes about things on the field and by the way his peers and coaches have adopted him.
I've never seen a first year player garner so much attention and love in the way he has for his short time at the CFC.

The way the CFC are signing up its youth, I wouldn't be surprised for a 5 year contract to be floated before the season even starts.

I Have

Murphy , Gibbs , Kreuzer the hype and excitement when they were drafted was crazy considering the rest of carlton's list
Remember the phrase " The Chosen One's"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back