Random Discussion Thread 138- Irregular Trumpet Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile the bowlers again slip under the radar and underwhelm.

I wouldn't be sad if they shook it up and dropped one or two.
Yep, they are getting a free ride because the batting is so s**t but in the last test the game was lost with poor bowling in India's first innings and this one is going the same way.

There are also a few candidates for replacing at least Starc, who doesn't seem 100% fit, and Hazelwood's just been... poor. Unfortunately they're all playing T20s right now and will be for weeks to come.

There are also a few candidates for replacing at least Starc, who doesn't seem 100% fit, and Hazelwood's just been... poor. Unfortunately they're all playing T20s right now and will be for weeks to come.

Such as?

He's young, but Richardson was in fantastic form in the Shield and can be a handy batsman too, which is important because of how poorly our actual batsmen (and WA's...) are playing. He's had a taste of international cricket in shorter formats and I think he can step up to Test cricket. He has real pace.

Victorians will argue Tremain deserves a shot, but he feels a bit meh in the second innings for me. His stats look good, I'll give him that.

Bird was unthreatening the last time he played for Australia but has been great for Tasmania this season and his accuracy could help with building pressure that India haven't had to face too much of lately.
Copeland deserves another shot and probably shouldn't have been as unsighted as he has been.

I don't care if he's improved, I'm prejudiced against Boland after his limited overs stints for Australia.

If the bowlers are fit and not out of form, then Australia need to think long and hard about their tactics because they clearly aren't working without a very co operative pitch or a bit of individual brilliance. India's attack, in contrast, has had one poor session and came out after that having adjusted and played much better afterwards.

ODI squad has been released and the Scorchers are now destined to not make the finals. Marsh Bros, Behrendorff and Richardson have all been selected.

We've almost reached the point where the Sydney pitch changes from "dull and flat, offering little to the bowlers" (when Australia is bowling) to "suddenly this pitch is breaking up and has a lot of spice to it" (when Australian batsmen look like getting out practically every second or third ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

India have really taught us a lesson this series. That to win at cricket you have to bowl well and bat well. Will we heed this important message? Stay tuned to find out when we beat up on Sri Lanka and everyone is happy again.
Do you reckon we can beat Sri Lanka with this current squad?

Are we gonna have our subscribed threads back to the way it was?

As in when I’ve read it it disappears from my watched threads until a new post? It’s actually annoying the hell out o me seeing threads there with no new content.

Last night I discovered that they actually released an a full Cherlene Album from Archer. Bit late but for a piss take album it pretty good. They even have Kevin logging featuring in Danger zone.

Think he'll get SL and then dropped for the Ashes.

He's 36 this year and can see him retiring for International cricket after the WC and chase money in the t20 circuit.

God damnit

Was just writing a message about how I think our young batting stocks aren’t half as bad as everyone thinks.

Cmon Travis

How many rank full tosses from spinners have gotten wickets this summer (BBL especially)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back