What I Reckon with Tony Lynn 15 - Closing Down Sale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Och aye! the noo,
I remember in 2011 I thought we were no chance of making the finals after Waite did his knee. He was every bit as important to our side then as Doc is now.

Yet we did make finals, and got within a kick of a preliminary final missing Gibbs, Special K, and down a player mid-game to boot.
and andy walker playing with only one arm - or so the ump believed........

On the eve of the 2019 season one of the Carlton boards greatest sons is coming home. Tony Lynn 15.
To start with What I Reckon for 2019 is that there are no more excuses. I am not suggesting the Blues will be a finals contender but there can no longer be any excuses for any player or for the club. You are on the list and it is time to show us what you are made of. So what I reckon is blokes like Liam Jones, Darcy Lang, Jarrod Garlett and David Cuningham need to start showing more than just a glimpse of potential, they need to become regular contributors to the senior team. We have enough top notch draftees but our long term success will come from the lesser credentialed players on our list. For the club, as supporters we all accept and respect the re build but in my opinion 2019 can't be about this anymore. We need to start seeing progress and results.
Go Blues!!
Agree with the sentiment of no excuses TL. Think it’s time our early draft picks in their fourth and third seasons stepped it up a gear, ie. Weitering, Harry and SPS.

On the eve of the 2019 season one of the Carlton boards greatest sons is coming home. Tony Lynn 15.

After a few seasons in the wilderness I am back with a thread that promises to offer everything for everyone. This will be a place to drop in throughout the season and give us your thoughts, feedback and get something off your chest. I hope to have some old friends join me in here as well as make plenty of new friends. KohPhi, TheCoach16 and ctacp will be regulars in here as we dissect the Carlton Football Club and all its goings on. This will be your talk back line for season 2019.

After each game and during the pre season I will be offering my thoughts, ‘What I reckon’.

To start with What I Reckon for 2019 is that there are no more excuses. I am not suggesting the Blues will be a finals contender but there can no longer be any excuses for any player or for the club. You are on the list and it is time to show us what you are made of. So what I reckon is blokes like Liam Jones, Darcy Lang, Jarrod Garlett and David Cuningham need to start showing more than just a glimpse of potential, they need to become regular contributors to the senior team. We have enough top notch draftees but our long term success will come from the lesser credentialed players on our list. For the club, as supporters we all accept and respect the re build but in my opinion 2019 can't be about this anymore. We need to start seeing progress and results.

I encourage everyone to drop by and leave your thoughts, positive or negative about where we are at and what you reckon are the current issues or building blocks for the future.

Go Blues!!

I reckon KohPhi is soft..........

Top thread Tony.

Only last night (in Uk) I was watching a doco on David Koresh.

'I reckon' you have a bit of him about you. For David it was Madman or Messiah! For you, I think it is Enlightened Truthsayer or Simpleton! It's a fine line.

Ima dig deep here and I reckon one D Cuningham is going to tear it up in 2019. Tell me it's true Tony. Give me the god fearing truth!

Top thread Tony.

Only last night (in Uk) I was watching a doco on David Koresh.

'I reckon' you have a bit of him about you. For David it was Madman or Messiah! For you, I think it is Enlightened Truthsayer or Simpleton! It's a fine line.

Ima dig deep here and I reckon one D Cuningham is going to tear it up in 2019. Tell me it's true Tony. Give me the god fearing truth!

I would love to say yes but I am yet to see anything to suggest he will. Certainly hope he proves me wrong though.

I would love to say yes but I am yet to see anything to suggest he will. Certainly hope he proves me wrong though.

C'mon Tony. I dont want to have to take my 'reckons' to your competitor. Soapy is right there competing for the same oxygen!

Tell the punters what they want to hear!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon Tony. I dont want to have to take my 'reckons' to your competitor. Soapy is right there competing for the same oxygen!

Tell the punters what they want to hear!

Okay I tried to be tactful. I reckon David Cuningham will get delisted at the end of this season.

Come on TL15. We haven’t played a game yet. Everybody deserves a clean slate at the start of each season. Naturally your number of clean slates are not limitless and plenty have to improve in 2019.

Come on TL15. We haven’t played a game yet. Everybody deserves a clean slate at the start of each season. Naturally your number of clean slates are not limitless and plenty have to improve in 2019.

Mate to be fair I hope they all dominate and have great seasons. My gut feel is he will battle. In his 3 seasons (maybe more?) I just have not seen anything that makes me think he will. That said I hope he proves me wrong.

Mate to be fair I hope they all dominate and have great seasons. My gut feel is he will battle. In his 3 seasons (maybe more?) I just have not seen anything that makes me think he will. That said I hope he proves me wrong.
For me it appears to be lack of confidence. He’s had his setbacks in terms of injury. He needs to produce this season otherwise he’ll be moved on.

For me it appears to be lack of confidence. He’s had his setbacks in terms of injury. He needs to produce this season otherwise he’ll be moved on.
I think he 'thinks' too much trying to do the right thing and second guesses himself. Isn't really an instinctive player.

He does well in VFL and at training because he has that extra split second to make his decisions but lacks that time with the extra intensity at AFL level.

That's my theory anyway.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon this particular change isn't the worst, and might actually be okay, provided that we are given time to get used to it.

I also reckoned - before Doc went down - that we were a smokey for finals, provided we weren't hit by injury to the same extent as we were last year.

If you're going to get into the minute, I think next year is make or break for Marchbank. It'll be this season that will determine whether his body is capable of withstanding the rigors of AFL football over the course of 22 games; this is his 5th season at AFL level now, he's a big boy. If he can take and hold down a key position at a reasonable level - say, he takes the second forward - that's of immense benefit.

I'm also going to say that, should we get our midfield behaving like a normal midfield, we're immediately 4 goals better per match. There is a post in one of the Carlton threads on the main board that describes how being 4 goals better can change things, from a perspective of wins and percentage; I'd quote it but I can't remember where it is. Suffice to say, the jump in percentage and wins from just 4 goals a game would be enough to leapfrog us into finals. What we need, though, is to have a means of conveyance between the back 50 and the forward 50 in such a way as to allow one of Fisher, Murphy, SPS, Williamson, Simpson to kick unharrassed to a marking target inside forward 50, coupled with a means to gather the ball from a stoppage with the ball ending up in one of those bloke's hands once clear.

I reckon, as long as we're putting our necks out there, that we're still - even with Docherty going down - a chance to win 8-10 games, and an outside chance to make finals. I can see us leaping up the ladder, provided we have sufficient fit players to go around.

On marchbank - the coaching group & Bolts see him as an All Australian defender thats how highly they rate him. They compare him to Rance. Young defenders & forwards i spose are more at risk so to speak of injury due to opponents in close proximity usually being older, better developed men.

On marchbank - the coaching group & Bolts see him as an All Australian defender thats how highly they rate him. They compare him to Rance. Young defenders & forwards i spose are more at risk so to speak of injury due to opponents in close proximity usually being older, better developed men.

I really like what you are doing with your guernsey sponsorship this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back