List Mgmt. Welcome: Tyson Stengle, new Crow!

Interesting despite it being a worthless pick Richmond wanted one for Stengel who we gave 3 years to.

You mean the player who has had two years on the list and played, what, 2 games after being a late pick?

Us having confidence in Stengle developing in a niche role is a vastly different thing to Stengle having any true value whatsoever. If Stengle fails, we lose nothing bar time from this.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You mean the player who has had two years on the list and played, what, 2 games after being a late pick?

Us having confidence in Stengle developing in a niche role is a vastly different thing to Stengle having any true value whatsoever. If Stengle fails, we lose nothing bar time from this.
You can’t be serious. First off you blow it off as it’s only a fifth rounder, when you find out it’s a fourth rounder then that’s no big deal either. Now handing out 3 year contracts is also no big deal. Richmond wouldn’t trade him apparently unless we improved our fourth round pick, but again that means nothing.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
You can’t be serious. First off you blow it off as it’s only a fifth rounder, when you find out it’s a fourth rounder then that’s no big deal either. Now handing out 3 year contracts is also no big deal. Richmond wouldn’t trade him apparently unless we improved our fourth round pick, but again that means nothing.
I have serious doubts we will use a late pick next year

We will have 2 picks within 23 and maybe use one more job done

We are slowly building our list with picks from pointy end

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have serious doubts we will use a late pick next year

We will have 2 picks within 23 and maybe use one more job done

We are slowly building our list with picks from pointy end
That’s fine, but when you give a 3 year deal to a player that fourth rounder meant something.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will be interesting to see how this lad develops - I don't think he will play a game of AFL - hope I am wrong.
What do you think would stop him playing a few games for us?
He seems to be a clever goal sneak, and seems also a goid substitute if Betts needs some rest from injury/managed.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Maybe a bit more of a competitive SANFL team too!

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Whether he’s good enough
Richmond has a plethora of small forwards so would have been hard to break into that side. Mind you we’re starting to accumulate them too so he needs to get fit pretty soon to make his mark before they overtake him.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Richmond has a plethora of small forwards so would have been hard to break into that side. Mind you we’re starting to accumulate them too so he needs to get fit pretty soon to make his mark before they overtake him.
Do we know he’s not fit?

Reakts97

Senior List
Dec 5, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
76ers
Played with him for 2/3 years, you wont see many players that get more 'out the back' goals and goals which just seem to fall in his lap but that's his gift, he gets in the right spots and looks alive around ground balls

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Played with him for 2/3 years, you wont see many players that get more 'out the back' goals and goals which just seem to fall in his lap but that's his gift, he gets in the right spots and looks alive around ground balls
Any thoughts on his fitness and defensive game?

LittleCrowBoy

All Australian
Mar 4, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Joe the Goose ??? .....Sounds like a good Jenkins replacement. ;)

Reakts97

Senior List
Dec 5, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
76ers
Any thoughts on his fitness and defensive game?
I’m gonna say we were a little to young to judge the fitness base but you can tell he takes much more serious than he once did. Defensive game is good, tackles well (pretty sure he played rugby in school) and makes defenders nervous!

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Because Eddie doesn't like to party?
Maybe in his younger days and he saw the impact on his footy. Eddie has developed into a leader of our Aboriginal players so I cannot see him partying with them nor can I see him not teaching them what they need to do to be the best they can be.

Back