Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Jack Graham this year?
I have him in my keeper league but we can only keep 10. I'm wondering if he will become a ball accumulator.

I don't think he will. However, I think he will still be a gun player.

He's stuck right now as a an inside bash and crash, tackle monster. That's fine, but vulnerable to another player taking his spot with inside work and possessions. As a junior he could get the ball. And at times he's done it in the AFL. If he can step up his ball getting I reckon he could move toward being a really valuable player beyond his pressure. He's got good skills and runs hard. Get 20+ possessions and he's a genuine gun. It'll be interesting. I reckon the club and Jack himself know that he needs to add more possessions and he'll be working hard on that aspect of his game.

Needs to find more of the footy to take that next level. Can't fault him for his defensive pressure or even capitalizing up forward when he gets the chance but he need to get more involved with hands on the footy when in the middle. Master that and he's going to be a hell of a player for a long time for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only have him back through the VFL...

I think that's where the coaches look at the total sum of parts..

After the Port game Dimma actually acknowledged he made a mistake by not selecting Graham..

Most people including myself look at best available but selection is positional, game plan along with a variety of other things..

Wasn’t in full training prior to the break , shouldn’t delay too much , hope he has a big year , needs to work hard in a few areas to step up
reckon he will come back thru the 2s in the guts...... and be told get it on a string first before ramping tackling and fitness up,
and ready to be promoted around round 5 or 6.

If I’m gonna be brutally honest , I reckon he needs to improve 50% on where he’s at to secure a senior spot , carrying mids into a final that reg got it <10 times a game while oppo had it >40 was a telling factor and can’t be sustained
Not sure about 50% but i'd be content with 25%.He's not on his own i must say.A few others need to lift by the same margin to spread the load more.

Not sure about 50% but i'd be content with 25%.He's not on his own i must say.A few others need to lift by the same margin to spread the load more.
Prestia lambert sheds and even grigg consistently got healthy numbers , jack G nowhere near their output , there’s a spot open for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ranks one for defensive acts and pressure acts by an absolute mile will continue to be picked for this and so he should be kids gonna be a star

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8 tackles is no *en good when oppo has 40p , who was he on , Sidebottom, Adams, Phillips or Pendlebury take your pick

reckon he will come back thru the 2s in the guts...... and be told get it on a string first before ramping tackling and fitness up,
and ready to be promoted around round 5 or 6.
Needs to develop his game like lambert did , attack the ball at speed rather than slow motion and won’t be caught as often , can’t bullock through at afl Like juniors , if he fails to develop that part of his game , he ll end up a matt Thomas type and have a relatively short career

Will be an A grade big bodied midfielder in two years time. People on here are short sighted as he’s just scratched out 20 odd games and a premiership medal.
I dare any bloke on here to run out in the middle with a xxxxed shoulder. The reason why he played injured last year was bc there’s no bloke on the list that can do his work and he was better than any bloke in the twos by a great margin. We get his shoulder right and JG will become a gun.
Hang in there folks as he’s really just scratched the surface in age experience and physically. If people are carrying on about the Prelim game then I counted 17 other passengers including the coach , A JG blinder with a xxxxed shoulder still wouldn’t have lifted us over the line. Let’s all be realistic here as there were more senior players on the night that imitated a Houdini swallowed up by the ground act.

I think that's where the coaches look at the total sum of parts..

After the Port game Dimma actually acknowledged he made a mistake by not selecting Graham..

Most people including myself look at best available but selection is positional, game plan along with a variety of other things..
The mistake was made because Dusty didn't play. It was a real cockup, but I reckon if Dusty had played and we still lost I doubt Dimma would have made the statement

Will be an A grade big bodied midfielder in two years time. People on here are short sighted as he’s just scratched out 20 odd games and a premiership medal.
I dare any bloke on here to run out in the middle with a xxxxed shoulder. The reason why he played injured last year was bc there’s no bloke on the list that can do his work and he was better than any bloke in the twos by a great margin. We get his shoulder right and JG will become a gun.
Hang in there folks as he’s really just scratched the surface in age experience and physically. If people are carrying on about the Prelim game then I counted 17 other passengers including the coach , A JG blinder with a xxxxed shoulder still wouldn’t have lifted us over the line. Let’s all be realistic here as there were more senior players on the night that imitated a Houdini swallowed up by the ground act.
Hope you’re right , good news is he has a great attitude so we won’t die wondering

It was obvious the week of the Port game - it was going to be a mistake dropping Graham IMO.

Prestia lambert sheds and even grigg consistently got healthy numbers , jack G nowhere near their output , there’s a spot open for mine

Grigg gets 2 hitouts to the opposition rucks 80

when playing in the middle he is often against a better player like Sidebottom, Whitfield, Gaff and gets smashed

Graham adds more value, his inside work is very important; obviously needs to improve

It was obvious the week of the Port game - it was going to be a mistake dropping Graham IMO.

Grigg gets 2 hitouts to the opposition rucks 80

when playing in the middle he is often against a better player like Sidebottom, Whitfield, Gaff and gets smashed

Graham adds more value, his inside work is very important; obviously needs to improve
Grigg does t often play in the middle , is. A link up player and has contributed well to the success of the team , he isn’t a weak link

Remove this Banner Ad

Back