The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My stools are currently in a liquid state. So I’m not sure about that.
images

Got a carton of colonial pale from Dan Murphy’s Carine last night for $59! Bargain! Considering they charge $22 for a 6 pack.
What is it like? Eyed it a few times but never had a go at it. Speaking of Dan Murphy specials there is a english pale called Ghost Ship, 4 cans @ 440mls for $9, pretty typical pommy pale, good drinking at that price.

I like the colonial stuff. The small ale is also good but can’t justify spending that much on a mid strength. Their IPA is also nice, expensive and pretty strong. My wife reckons it’s crack beer cause I drink 5 or 6 and it’s like you’ve been on the gear, it’s good stuff!!

But the normal pale is really nice, not too heavy but still a good pale flavour.

It’s
I really want to try it but that $26 a 4pack ruffles me the ring way.
get a can. Think I paid like 6 bucks when I got one

That said a 4 pack would be justified for pres. You’ll be pretty ****ed by the time you finish that 4 pack and probably save money while you’re out.

Picked this up from Dans, $19 for six pack.
English style bitter from Albany. Hops pushed back by the malt, toffeeish aftertaste. Ok for a change up.

20190106_164840.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried Rocky Ridge's Rose Gose last night. Not really fan tbh.

Just that gose, or gose in general?

Goses are an acquired taste. They've been all the rage, along with sours but it's not what I'm really looking for either.

I've just cracked a Mash sarcasm DIPA, and have to say I'm not particularly impressed with this batch.

Goses are an acquired taste. They've been all the rage, along with sours but it's not what I'm really looking for either.

I've just cracked a Mash sarcasm DIPA, and have to say I'm not particularly impressed with this batch.
First time trying it a gose. It wasn't too bad but i guess im not a huge wine/rose fan and only drink that when im in a mood for it.

Is it a new batch of Sarcasm or an old can? IPA's don't really last that long. That being said the Sarcasm was one of the few DIPA's I didnt rate recently.

Way too many breweries making mediocre goses.

Gone from this super obscure german oddity to a brewery staple in the space of about 3 years, and most of them are disappointing despite the promise of fruity refreshment

Picked this up from Dans, $19 for six pack.
English style bitter from Albany. Hops pushed back by the malt, toffeeish aftertaste. Ok for a change up.
I've quite enjoyed all the Wilson beers that I have tried but they all have quite a distinct aftertaste, like seawater or something. Maybe its just the water that they use down there but its definitely unique to them

Not sure as I was given freebies. The tax on the brewery is pretty significant when releasing high alcohol beers so yeah the price point would be up there.
Ahaha but they can seek fatlamb very cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back