Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
How predictable that Marsh and Khawaja got out to the orthodox lefty. They both push ridiculously hard at nothing balls outside off.

Alex Volkanovski just TKOd Chad Mendes which gives him a shot at contending for a title.

If Rob Whittaker can beat Gastelum then 2019 might see 2 Australians fighting for a title
Whittaker will fight for a title regardless in 2019, he’s the champion. I hope Volk gets the next shot, he been ranked at 4 now and the only one ahead of him who Max hasn’t beaten Is Edgar so he may be a chance. If Edgar gets the next shot he’ll probably have to get past Ortega. Which, because of his patience might suit him as he can keep his distance and avoid the ground.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Whittaker will fight for a title regardless in 2019, he’s the champion. I hope Volk gets the next shot, he been ranked at 4 now and the only one ahead of him who Max hasn’t beaten Is Edgar so he may be a chance. If Edgar gets the next shot he’ll probably have to get past Ortega. Which, because of his patience might suit him as he can keep his distance and avoid the ground.

Whittakers fighting Gastelum for the title not sure what I ment there. Even if he loses he probably gets a rematch some tome in 19
But Volk definently deserves a shot at a big time person soon, he brutalized Mendes. Blokes got a big future in that division. Sounds like Edgar will be his fight and then winner probably gets a title shot

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Head is to top hand dominate, he as no pull shot and his cut shot is limited. We will see a lot more dismissals like his last two, chopping on and inside edge back to the bowler/mid wicket

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Head is to top hand dominate, he as no pull shot and his cut shot is limited. We will see a lot more dismissals like his last two, chopping on and inside edge back to the bowler/mid wicket

I've never heard of someone being too "top-hand dominant"; more likely to refer to not being able to hit it off the square because they don't give it any mustard with the bottom hand. If someone is inside edging a lot they've either got a stinking eye or they're pushing that bottom hand through too quickly or being too wristy.

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I've never heard of someone being too "top-hand dominant"; more likely to refer to not being able to hit it off the square because they don't give it any mustard with the bottom hand. If someone is inside edging a lot they've either got a stinking eye or they're pushing that bottom hand through too quickly or being too wristy.

Might there is another way of describing it, another mechanism as to why he can’t cut or pull with any force. but I’ve never seen someone hit the inside half of there bat so much as Travis head

Indy officially my favourite from the AFC. Only team that can beat them is the Ravens.

326 in Perth. We did win a game, after all. To be fair, until the first innings last match and then this innings, India hadn't been that impressive with the stick either. Pujara has been fantastic, Kohli pretty good, and the rest have been inconsistent or bad.
Pant is a jet too. Takes the game on coming in as a number 7 should - if he doesn't get injured he'll end up better than Gilchrist by the end of his career.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pant is a jet too. Takes the game on coming in as a number 7 should - if he doesn't get injured he'll end up better than Gilchrist by the end of his career.

You might be right, but watching some of his filthy head-in-the-air slogging tells me he has quite a way to go. He's still very early in his career - once he's been around a bit more and coaches have had more time to analyze his game, we'll see how he holds up. Quinton De Kock had a similarly explosive start and was averaging in the 50s for a while, and now he's down in the mid 30s.

Like Gilly though, he's going to benefit from being #7 in a comparatively strong batting lineup. He'll certainly be coming in at 5/300 a helluva lot more than 5/100.

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Very disappointing to watch. We were always up against it after losing the toss but the bowling effort was flat and pedestrian. Once India set a big total, surely the first target would of been to make 400 (and surpass the follow on) Something we haven’t done since the Sydney test last year. That would of made it a lot harder for India to win this test. But we gone from 1-128 to 9-258

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Also this series: India’s top 7 have made 4 ducks this series. Australia 1.

How many starts our top 7 have made and none have gone on with it.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Also this series: India’s top 7 have made 4 ducks this series. Australia 1.

How many starts our top 7 have made and none have gone on with it.
I Just heard that this will be the first time in 80 years no one has scored a century.
How Langer and Paine haven't come under more critisicm is wild

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I Just heard that this will be the first time in 80 years no one has scored a century.
How Langer and Paine haven't come under more critisicm is wild

Elite Honesty. Elite Niceness. Elite PR.

No one had any expectations of them succeeding. May as well put Brendan Bolton in charge of the Test side. We're in for a painful rebuild. There are 4 guys over 30 in this side and Starc will turn 29 later this month. Everyone is at least mid 20s and the youngest looks to be Labuschagne who turns 25 in June. There's unlikely to be any rapid improvement from this side, and the only bat who has proven to be worth persisting with is Harris. Khawaja and Head have been okay, but Khawaja in particular has been disappointing given he hasn't stepped up to the plate as the senior bat in the side. He's 32, Marsh is 35 and Paine is 34.

Wade should come in for Paine (I feel ill).
Burns in for Labuschagne, Khawaja down to #3.
Marsh should probably come out but I can't for the life of me figure who to put in.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Elite Honesty. Elite Niceness. Elite PR.

No one had any expectations of them succeeding. May as well put Brendan Bolton in charge of the Test side. We're in for a painful rebuild. There are 4 guys over 30 in this side and Starc will turn 29 later this month. Everyone is at least mid 20s and the youngest looks to be Labuschagne who turns 25 in June. There's unlikely to be any rapid improvement from this side, and the only bat who has proven to be worth persisting with is Harris. Khawaja and Head have been okay, but Khawaja in particular has been disappointing given he hasn't stepped up to the plate as the senior bat in the side. He's 32, Marsh is 35 and Paine is 34.

Wade should come in for Paine (I feel ill).
Burns in for Labuschagne, Khawaja down to #3.
Marsh should probably come out but I can't for the life of me figure who to put in.

This new nice guys routine has been in for 6 months and we are breaking all time records left right and centre.

I think Maxwell probably has to come into the middle order until someone else can score runs. He's not a long term solution but s**t he might catch fire in an innings an do something. Scored a century in India which is something decent for the resume.

Agree with Wade and burns, both have their faults but I'd rather blokes in form with faults than the clearly out of form Marsh and Labushagne

For me id like to see against Sri Lanka

Renshaw
Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Handscomb
Maxwell
Wade

Renshaw needs to go to England, averaged high 40s over there so may aswell give him some test practice

Burns as the in form opener
Harris at 3 as a Boony style option
Maxwell and Wade surely score more than Head and Paine

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
This new nice guys routine has been in for 6 months and we are breaking all time records left right and centre.

I think Maxwell probably has to come into the middle order until someone else can score runs. He's not a long term solution but s**t he might catch fire in an innings an do something. Scored a century in India which is something decent for the resume.

Agree with Wade and burns, both have their faults but I'd rather blokes in form with faults than the clearly out of form Marsh and Labushagne

Renshaw
Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Handscomb
Maxwell
Wade

Renshaw needs to go to England, averaged high 40s over there so may aswell give him some test practice

Quite frankly I'd rather persist with Head than have Maxwell get anywhere near the side. Maxwell is 30 and is still barely a first class cricketer. I'd rather keep Shaun Marsh in who at least is one of the leading Shield batsmen despite his age.

Renshaw is a tough one for mine. He really has been struggling since he was dropped from the test side, but at least he's shown a bit at that level. There really are no up and comers knocking on the door.

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Quite frankly I'd rather persist with Head than have Maxwell get anywhere near the side. Maxwell is 30 and is still barely a first class cricketer. I'd rather keep Shaun Marsh in who at least is one of the leading Shield batsmen despite his age.

Renshaw is a tough one for mine. He really has been struggling since he was dropped from the test side, but at least he's shown a bit at that level. There really are no up and comers knocking on the door.

Maxwell averages 44 in shield cricket. Thanks to CA he didn’t get a fair run at any Aus A tours over winter. Then due to lopsided fixturing he was playing white ball cricket for Aus as all th shield game where being played. 30 isn’t old as a cricketer.

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!

Renshaw
Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Handscomb
Maxwell
Wade

Renshaw isn’t in form so that fits the selectors criteria at the moment :p

However I think renshaw is one you could ignore form and select and what he as done in the past knowing what he can do.

We seemed to be “flush” with openers but no middle order. I’d prefer to play burns in the middle order and leave Harris/Khawaja

Smith at 3 when the ashes are on. I don’t think warner and Bancroft can play in the same side

Back