Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, that’s a little concerning. Might struggle to get 100k over the 5 days. Yet the people in charge of the venue want to bring the Boxing Day or New Years test?
As has been mentioned, it's much easier to draw a crowd with more people off work, and just after Christmas, than on work days and right before Christmas.

By the time they play an extra half hour to get 90 overs it'll be midnight on the east coast :p

Does anyone know if it's been confirmed whether entry to day 5 is by gold coin donation (as they did for the Adelaide Test).
Yep, confirmed on their facebook page. Gold coin donation with all proceeds to Telethon

Not too sure about that. I recall either the SCG or the MCG recently charging for day 5 of a Test. Think it was the latter, and I believe it was CA's call too.
True - it may come down to how much play is expected. If it was still only the 3rd innings and a full day's play was likely it may be different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the complaining about closing the top level was over the top. So much more shade than at the WACA even with it closed. Granted I didn't go the opening day which was the hottest. Just needed to move with the shade.

Sat in the top level in the members for 30 mins. Hated it, won't go up there to watch cricket again. My footy seats are basically in the same spot. Great for footy, s**t for cricket. Every time the ball went in the air I lost it, and sometimes even along the ground.

So with a choice of 40 degree seats in the sun ground level or shade in the top tier, I'm taking sun every time.

Think the complaining about closing the top level was over the top. So much more shade than at the WACA even with it closed. Granted I didn't go the opening day which was the hottest. Just needed to move with the shade.

Sat in the top level in the members for 30 mins. Hated it, won't go up there to watch cricket again. My footy seats are basically in the same spot. Great for footy, s**t for cricket. Every time the ball went in the air I lost it, and sometimes even along the ground.

So with a choice of 40 degree seats in the sun ground level or shade in the top tier, I'm taking sun every time.
Agree with the overreaction about closing off the top tier. I was there on Friday (hottest day) and there was plenty of room to move around with the shade throughout the day and they were in better seats than level 5 anyway. I'm a WACA member but tried out a few different spots on Levels 1 and 5 (inside and outside of the members area) just to see what the different views were like and found like you that Level 5 wasn't actually as good for keeping track of the ball but I still didn't mind it up there.

Agree regarding Level 5 being closed. i went day 1,2 and 3. probably would've been tempted to go day 4 as well if i was in perth. Didnt sit in the sun once and had a far better view than if i was up on level 5.

Agreed. I thought closing lv 5 was a terrible idea but having gone to day 4 there was no need to have it open.
I sat back row at ground level in the shade all day and loved it.

True, but given it was all allocated seating no-one was to know that it was going to be so easy to move around. I presume security weren't checking tickets. Pretty much all the public seating on level 1 was going to be in the sun at some stage during the day for at least a couple of hours, so I could thoroughly understand why people would have given it a miss because they didn't want to take the risk. Especially anyone with kids.

What should have happened is that they made the entire top level GA and sell cheapish tickets on that basis. For the first couple of days at least.

I think everyone would be pretty bloody happy with the events and crowds for 2018

1,197,733 for 25 games of AFL.
41 975 for the AFLW.
55 522 for the Chelsea game.
38 842 for the NRL DH.
53 781 & 24 324 for 2xODI.
52 960 & 40 600 for 2xBBL.
81 194 for the Test (5 days).
Plus what ever turned up for concerts.

2019 set to be another big year.
Reigning Premiers.
Full BBL season.
Origin.
Bledisloe.
Man Utd.

I think everyone would be pretty bloody happy with the events and crowds for 2018

1,197,733 for 25 games of AFL.
41 975 for the AFLW.
55 522 for the Chelsea game.
38 842 for the NRL DH.
53 781 & 24 324 for 2xODI.
52 960 & 40 600 for 2xBBL.
81 194 for the Test (5 days).
Plus what ever turned up for concerts.

2019 set to be another big year.
Reigning Premiers.
Full BBL season.
Origin.
Bledisloe.
Man Utd.
Yeah been a great start for the new stadium. Loving it for cricket as the WACA was outdated, was as just too hard to take kids to the cricket when they would be in the sun all day.

Yeah been a great start for the new stadium. Loving it for cricket as the WACA was outdated, was as just too hard to take kids to the cricket when they would be in the sun all day.

Yer I reckon the ground is great for cricket, been to ODI, test match and the BBL and they’ve all been so much better viewing experience then the WACA. Took the kids last night to the BBL and they loved it, we sat on level 5 in the members right behind the bowler.

My only gripe about the place is the food is absolute rubbish... got the kids some hot chips last night and even they were so bad they hardly ate them. All the food I’ve eaten there has been pretty bad. Looks like it’s back to taking some sandwiches in the future.

Yer I reckon the ground is great for cricket, been to ODI, test match and the BBL and they’ve all been so much better viewing experience then the WACA. Took the kids last night to the BBL and they loved it, we sat on level 5 in the members right behind the bowler.

My only gripe about the place is the food is absolute rubbish... got the kids some hot chips last night and even they were so bad they hardly ate them. All the food I’ve eaten there has been pretty bad. Looks like it’s back to taking some sandwiches in the future.
Yeah I've taken the kids to all the games you've been to and it's been great. Strange about the food though, every time I've had something it's been pretty good (don't eat at the footy/cricket that often but have found it fine everytime I've had it).

You didn't have a fish burger by any chance? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back