Current Claremont Murders - The Bunker

Is Bradley Edwards the Mystery Man in the CCTV?

• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well I suppose you can't really , not allow what I'm about to post because it has previous suspects in it .... Much better read my life story's then translucent Noel.

Sammy1987

In for a penny, in for a pound...
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
who needs string diagrams when you’ve got a taxi driver who also takes pictures and idiots online joking about murder capiche?

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think police had probable cause for all their POIs, backed by psychology and well founded information. Information that they are not allowed to make public as it would draw a defamation case.
Some of the POIs had already been stalking. They were sighted by a 'team' of police patrolling the block with precision. They had the makings.

I will be interested to see what comes of Con Bayens, police IT worker in the Holden Commodore ex police car, with a boot lined with plastic and abduction kit.

I can't see how that might be over. Maybe a few of these people were bad eggs in the making.
I've never forgotten about the off duty cop who called that in. I want to know if the driver was BRE

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think there could be a feeling/thought that by getting the charges split the propensity might vanish

As an example he may challenge the DNA on the kimono , recall the handling with no gloves etc, he may ( and I dont say this lightly) force the girl to recall the Karakatta attack and to try and identify him from over 25+ years later.

If these charges are removed then the Prosecution need to link the 3 missing women, and as they are hoping to link all the attacks to one person, the dismissal of some charges weakens the case.

Just thoughts on a defence tactic
This is what I am worried about actually happening

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
A lot of this is valid but I think there will be a narrow focus on what is basically in front of them (prosecution) . If they start entering all this other stuff it confuses.

I think if there is anything to be gained it will come out as a separate charge/issue. Its easier to charge someone as an accessory once the central figure is convicted ( making no aspersions on the current accused)

Oh no doubt. They will keep the trial as simple as they can. What happens when police ream more evidence post trial might be a different story for other people.

Defence has already requested the charges be heard separately. I guess we will hear if the court will allow this to happen. As stated before, hearing the charges on separate matters.

Hearing the charges separately is said to be a deliberate attempt for prosecution to introduce invalid evidence to the charges being heard, in an attempt to bring on a mistrial. Prosecution inadvertently introduces evidence to the wrong trial. Mistrial by error of the prosecution.

It sounds like defence are desperate. Looking for ways to default to a mistrial.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krusty Crab

Team Captain
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Oh no doubt. They will keep the trial as simple as they can. What happens when police ream more evidence post trial might be a different story for other people.

Defence has already requested the charges be heard separately. I guess we will hear if the court will allow this to happen. As stated before, hearing the charges on separate matters.

Hearing the charges separately is said to be a deliberate attempt for prosecution to introduce invalid evidence to the charges being heard, in an attempt to bring on a mistrial. Prosecution inadvertently introduces evidence to the wrong trial. Mistrial by error of the prosecution.

It sounds like defence are desperate. Looking for ways to default to a mistrial.

seperate the 1988 and 1995 attack charges to a lower court. if the accused beats these charges, then they cant use anything from these incidents against him during the CSK trial. better than having these charges discussed during the CSK trial and putting a bias on the accused.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
seperate the 1988 and 1995 attack charges to a lower court. if the accused beats these charges, then they cant use anything from these incidents against him during the CSK trial. better than having these charges discussed during the CSK trial and putting a bias on the accused.

Its a judge only trial. There is no jury bias.

I wonder if the witness in the 1988 charges saw his face? He ran out the house?

It will be interesting to see if the witness knows the accused as an associate, say school, or friends?

Pending it is granted, they may shift the kimono charge to the District Court.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Maybe Droc took creative inspiration from that story but there's no comparison between murdered girls abducted in Claremont and the murder of a street performer in Brazil.
One is dead and so is the other, coincidence? I think not.

I’m a bit dim so I like to verify with the highly intelligent and well informed subject matter experts here.
Don't put yourself down bro, your other personalities have the intelligence and you have the charm. Can't win 'em all!

Didn't 2019 just bring an influx of some interesting characters to this forum, hot damn.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
On the Taxi theory, if they were all serial killers it would go a long way to explaining why it is near impossible to get a Taxi in Perth.

Excellent point. Outstanding observation.

It was amazing how many refused a DNA sample though in initial rounds. In the hundreds I believe. Now police are doing further searches.

I have however lost count of the amount of taxi drivers in cabs who were not the contracted taxi driver though. It appears some were sub letting other people to take their shifts. This was apparent with the identification either hidden or mismatched.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Out of curiosity, were gypsy cabs common in Perth back then?

There was demand for gypsy cabs. The taxi plate ponzi scheme meant there was not enough cabs to service demand at peak hour, which was probably midnight when most the 'pubs' closed. Nightclubs went on.

I wouldn't say it was rife, but there was money to be made and it wasn't hard to replicate the important pieces. A lot of patrons would not have even taken a second look.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Considering the chief investigator had video of Mystery Man, it's interesting that LW copped such a hammering.

Did the chief investigator have lock jaw in the face of contradictory evidence?

Or did LW exhibit behavior that police wished to quell?

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Considering the chief investigator had video of Mystery Man, it's interesting that LW copped such a hammering.

Did the chief investigator have lock jaw in the face of contradictory evidence?

Or did LW exhibit behavior that police wished to quell?

LW was a poi in 1996 wasn't he? Cops probably thought what was to be MM was LW. RiP Lance. Cops didnt have a clue back then. They wouldn't have recognized their own nose lol.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
LW was a poi in 1996 wasn't he? Cops probably thought what was to be MM was LW. RiP Lance. Cops didnt have a clue back then. They wouldn't have recognized their own nose lol.

Lance had a very different distinctive hair do I think. He wasnt cleared to years later from memory. Police must have felt he had traits they wished to quell.

The yellow Toyota in the Dorothy incident may have been part of the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back