Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Medicos will be ultra cautious with Jack. It’s an injury that is fine right now but we want to make sure we have some “insurance” so that that he doesn’t hurt it again. That means plenty of gym and and strength work inside.
Max King looking really good but again he will stay on a modified program for at least a few months yet. This is probably a blessing in disguise as he desperately needs to add strength to his frame. It will be a difficult task with Max as we want to add strength and size but we can’t add too much bulk that it affects his greatest strength at his size which is his athleticism.
A few boys were really lighting the track up pre Christmas, I’m particularly excited by the condition of Hunter Clark, he’s bigger and stronger and more confident, he just has star written all over him. Coffield also has added size and strength. Both these boys are easily best 22 come round 1.
Paddy has been on a modified program because of his foot but joined in some scratch match work pre Christmas and looked absolutely unbelievable. Much has been written about his physique but he is so much stronger now, all of our defenders had great difficulty handling him. If he can just have a good run at it I still think he can be the player we all hoped he would be.
Hanners will still be on a modified program post Christmas due to his “tight hamstring”... Not an ideal start at a new club.
Brett Ratten came over with a reputation that we all knew about but the respect he’s earned from the playing group already is really exciting to see.
Oscar Clavarino another young player that has been super impressive.
Lew Pierce impressing being the only genuine ruck to be in full training with Longer overcoming surgery.
Doulton Langlands having issues with hamstrings.
Robbie Young one of the quickest players I’ve ever seen. Matty Parker has been really impressive in match sim. He’s really hard and likes body contact, he’s definitely made a few players wary around him already. With Gresham and Billings to play much more midfield minutes this season I think there’s a real chance one of Parker or Young could play senior footy early. Parker more
Offense first, Young definitely a defense first forward.
Wilkie looking good. A wonderful reader of the ballin the air across half back.
Jack Steele will become our best midfielder at some stage this season.
God damn MG, great summary.

Bit of a worry about Hanners, was there more to the hammy or are they just be precautious?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Terrible article in the Hs today regarding mature age recruits. Not one mention of any of our players.
I dont have a link sorry
I kept re-reading the article trying to find the saints players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes
Seriously love everything written by our very own supporters coming out of the club.
From tiny tit bits from guys/gals that get down to training, plus the write ups about our players at Sandi during the season, to George with regular pieces from inside the club & Moorabbin Ghost with his run downs on all players.
I reckon I speak on behalf of all interstate supporters & probably Vic country supporters too, love ya work guys/gals keep it up it is greatly appreciated.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Too skinny. The older I get, the more I appreciate curves.

In that case you'd loooooove me!

tenor-23.gif

:moustache: :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back