West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Part of a statement from a police whistle blower to WA Parliament about police corruption including in 1988, below. Alledges that this only non NZ member of Mr Asia Syndicate was able to move large quantities of heroin from the Eastern States to WA.

Most likely this is Choo Cheng Kui (“Chinese Jack”), who spent 7 years imprisoned for his involvement supplying heroin to the Mr Asia syndicate. Was he was involved in the Hawaiian Group?

Vanessa Devlin who was murdered in June 1988 after being caught by Federal Police for trafficking heroin with her boyfriend from the Eastern States and possibly about to name names in her upcoming Court appearance may have silenced and possibly more to do with Julie Cutler than Dorothy imo.

View attachment 601894
Don Hancock & his bestie Tony spring to mind

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
petedavo Did Julie Cutler see happenings at Parmelia Hotel, or did one the rellies burn someone high up in state government over nickel?

Fancy Bob Hawke dropping gold tax in 1987. Cutler in gold town.

Did Julie Cutler know too much?

Last edited:
If it was anything like that I think they would have been caught or a ransom demand, something.

Do you know how many staff work in those places? Hundreds. Most big hotels have shady things going on in them, it would have to be a first where wait staff or a housemaid was kidnapped and murdered because she knew too much. Even if someone at her young age knew too much she probably wouldn't even know she knew too much and if she did, what to do with it.

The most likely explanation imo is that she was the victim of a sex predator or she accidentally overdosed and died in another small motel or in the car with someone who then panicked.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
If it was anything like that I think they would have been caught or a ransom demand, something.

Do you know how many staff work in those places? Hundreds. Most big hotels have shady things going on in them, it would have to be a first where wait staff or a housemaid was kidnapped and murdered because she knew too much. Even if someone at her young age knew too much she probably wouldn't even know she knew too much and if she did, what to do with it.

The most likely explanation imo is that she was the victim of a sex predator or she accidentally overdosed and died in another small motel or in the car with someone who then panicked.

I don't think it is ransom at all. Some businessmen might have lost a lot of money.

I think it could have been a punishment. A hitman sent to kill her, and taunt family.

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
petedavo Did Julie Cutler see happenings at Parmelia Hotel, or did one the rellies burn someone high up in state government over nickel?

Fancy Bob Hawke dropping gold tax in 1987. Cutler in gold town.

Did Julie Cutler know too much?
Haven't considered anything like this myself. I was only looking for scenarios that fits all of the weird events surrounding the case. This Biro throws a different slant, but I need to confirm the provenance of the biro origins first.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Haven't considered anything like this myself. I was only looking for scenarios that fits all of the weird events surrounding the case. This Biro throws a different slant, but I need to confirm the provenance of the biro origins first.

The champagne flutes, the diary, the pen. Were they all gifts from the hotel to staff at the staff party?

Deborah Anderson was also in catering. Julies car in the ocean, Deborahs car set on fire.

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The champagne flutes, the diary, the pen. Were they all gifts from the hotel to staff at the staff party?

Deborah Anderson was also in catering. Julies car in the ocean, Deborahs car set on fire.
If all the events surrounding Julie's case are directly linked to her disappearance, then her case is sufficiently different to any other known disappearance or murder to be able to confidently assume that they are entirely unrelated.
The only other crimes that I've yet come across that had any of the same elements where David Everett's.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
If all the events surrounding Julie's case are directly linked to her disappearance, then her case is sufficiently different to any other known disappearance or murder to be able to confidently assume that they are entirely unrelated.
The only other crimes that I've yet come across that had any of the same elements where David Everett's.

Cutler - car opposite Forrest st. 1988 Bicentenary year.
Anderson - car opposite Dance Dr (25th January 2000).
Dorothy Centenary Ave, 1988 Bicentenary year.

This crime is that weird. A bag turning up at King Cafe.

Other items like a handbag missing.

Last edited:

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I only found this, but not sure. Catering businesses etc. I still ponder Hawaiian exist prior 1993 in a different entity?

https://abr.business.gov.au/AbnHistory/View?id=56062193426

Today police revealed they had destroyed a purse, diary and other personal belongings, which were found by a member of the public at the beach.
The evidence was destroyed 11 years ago but a review of photographs of the items has now revealed they may have been Ms Cutler's possessions.
"As a result of our investigation some items that were dismissed in 1997 as not being Julie's, we found they may possibly be Julie's," Detective Sergeant Gailene Hamilton said.

Interesting 1997 connection. So the cops did check out links between the Claremont girls and Julie.

Cops destroyed articles 11 years ago that would make it around 2007. Who was in charge then? When was the Schramm review?

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/11/27/16/10/perth-forensic-dig-julie-culter-cold-case

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Julie's case has a sniff or 2 of csk. Stalking, breakin, disappearance.

Interesting, thanks FTY.

DAVID WEBER: Along with the cases of Jane Rimmer, Ciara Glennon and Sarah Spiers, the review team looked at a number of disappearances going back to 1980. The review team said the Macro Task Force had also done this. No positive links have yet been made.

Yet he wasn't matched up to the Karrakatta abduction/rape until 2015. Given all the recent publicity around Julie's disappearance at the same time the press attention is going on BRE and Carmel Barbagallo saying the investigation is still active, it would be great if he'd been cleared of involvement if they would say so.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
does anyone know who the other two suspects that were named obviously not including Lance?
Highly likely one is the former Mayor.

The other may be his taxi driving boarder or it may be the ''IT expert with a kink''

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Interesting, thanks FTY.

DAVID WEBER: Along with the cases of Jane Rimmer, Ciara Glennon and Sarah Spiers, the review team looked at a number of disappearances going back to 1980. The review team said the Macro Task Force had also done this. No positive links have yet been made.

Yet he wasn't matched up to the Karrakatta abduction/rape until 2015. Given all the recent publicity around Julie's disappearance at the same time the press attention is going on BRE and Carmel Barbagallo saying the investigation is still active, it would be great if he'd been cleared of involvement if they would say so.

I don't think the cops would risk announcing the clearing of anyone lest they find something that provides the ultimate link.

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
If the company didn't exist till 1993, it's impossible Julie have access the brand-ware like pens and diary.

Julie traveled so she may well have been to Hawaii? Someone may have however found her lost purse.

Maybe someone had a broader stash there? A glory box of sorts?

Julie had traveled to the UK.

Jul 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I would like a better description of the pen just saying Hawaiian to me means it may have just been decorative with Frangipani flowers on like something you can pick up in Kmart. Not necessarily a brand. Or Julie may have found it left behind at the hotel previously and liberated it like the champagne glasses

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I would like a better description of the pen just saying Hawaiian to me means it may have just been decorative with Frangipani flowers on like something you can pick up in Kmart. Not necessarily a brand. Or Julie may have found it left behind at the hotel previously and liberated it like the champagne glasses

Or she was given them at the awards night, which is why they were in her car a the time. Don't forget the diary. Don't forget the purse.

I haven't known many people to drive around with a car full of champagne flutes. Assumptions all round really.

Did travel agents ever hand out pens and diaries for trips around Europe?

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Or she was given them at the awards night, which is why they were in her car a the time. Don't forget the diary. Don't forget the purse.

I haven't known many people to drive around with a car full of champagne flutes. Assumptions all round really.

Did travel agents ever hand out pens and diaries for trips around Europe?
Who said there was a car full of champagne classes? I thought there were two or maybe three? Someone's purse, it didn't sound like her handbag which was widely published in newspaper, and her wallet was found at home.

If the pen was from Hawaii would have Hawaii on it, not Hawaiian. If it had frangipanis, I think they would say it had frangipanis on it. For me, this is a clue it was a promotional pen from the company that didn't exist until 1993 and now owns The Parmelia, Claremont Quarter and a big chunk of shopping centres, office building and hotels in Perth and Broome. I can't see what this has to do with Julie however.

I think most are ignoring the biggest clue printed in headlines by The Post. Can't fault their CSK reporting and helping to make the links in that case. The Post claim Julie went to The Racquet nightclub after her function and that a bouncer from there was responsible for her murder.

Jul 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Who said there was a car full of champagne classes? I thought there were two or maybe three? Someone's purse, it didn't sound like her handbag which was widely published in newspaper, and her wallet was found at home.

If the pen was from Hawaii would have Hawaii on it, not Hawaiian. If it had frangipanis, I think they would say it had frangipanis on it. For me, this is a clue it was a promotional pen from the company that didn't exist until 1993 and now owns The Parmelia, Claremont Quarter and a big chunk of shopping centres, office building and hotels in Perth and Broome. I can't see what this has to do with Julie however.

I think most are ignoring the biggest clue printed in headlines by The Post. Can't fault their CSK reporting and helping to make the links in that case. The Post claim Julie went to The Racquet nightclub after her function and that a bouncer from there was responsible for her murder.
Meeting up with someone she may have known that lead to her demise seems much more probable then any other scenario but is this confirmed? It seems speculative at best despite headlines as there seems no other information about this bouncer and enquiries into who he was

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

Knit picking. Champagne flutes were found in her car after a staff awards night. Have you got a statement that said two or three champagne flutes?

Woman leaves staff awards night with champagne flutes in car having the Parmelia logo on them. Police recheck discovery of diary, pen and purse.

We have discussed this before and you have read it. The police have not pursued the so called bouncer boyfriend who big noted himself about killing someone. What a donkey. If he was a person of interest, police would have pursued it long ago.

I used to work for a company in IT. Part of my job was to hand out corporate ware to customers like Department of Justice and staff a like. Corporate branding went everywhere including staff.

"The 22-year-old was last seen leaving the Parmelia Hilton Hotel in the Perth CBD about 12.30am on June 20, 1988 after a staff function."

"Over the next few days Mr Carey searched the 22-year-old's home, spoke to her work colleagues and guests of the hotel and examined her car with a fine-toothed comb.
"After we recovered Julie’s vehicle...we were able to establish that one of the rear doors of her car couldn't be locked,” he said."

"The former cop believes Ms Cutler succumbed to whatever fate she met in a five-hour window between 12.30am on June 20 and daybreak that morning."
https://www.smh.com.au/national/wes...e-question-still-remains-20180423-p4zb5k.html

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm just amazed at the users that have jumped straight into the victim stole. Especially after a staff awards night. Just trying to understand the motives.

Back