Society/Culture Rate the Australian Capital cities.

the best and the s**t

• Sydney

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • Perth

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Darwin

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Hobart

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What was happening?
Bored youth, drunken bashings, smashed windows, lots of bogan cars with doof (several hundred)
It was a horrible place to live and work.

I spent most of my time hosing down vomit , getting things repaired, ringing the cops and the insurance company.... and that was when I wasnt dealing with the land lords, daughters, boyfriend selling heroin or the local lads, letting off a bomb and shaking the building and blowing out the windows.
and I was in a flash part of town

The vote is very much looking like a representation of where footy supporters come from. Its a joke that perth is second and adelaide third. They are both holes.

Melbourne and canberra should be clear top 2.

Gard dayum you are one miserable sob! When was the last time you cracked a smile?

As a Queenslander I have to agree that Brisbane is pretty shite. The best state with the worst* capital. The best of Queensland lays outside its capital.

*Poetic license. Not really the worst but definitely doesn't do the rest of the state justice.

Last edited:
1. Sydney easily the best.
2. Canberra
3. Adelaide
4. Perth
5. Brisbane
6. Hobart
7. Dubbo
8. Melbourne is a garbage wasteland (read it on bigfooty, must be true).

Sydney Harbour is nice. Outside of that it's a hole.

Darwin is severely underrated. I'm guessing most people who have voted haven't been there. It's a great city.

I've been to and spent extended time in every capital city. Judging it in conjunction with the surrounding areas eg. South East Queensland, I'd rank it-

1- Brisbane.
2- Melbourne.
3- Perth.
4- Hobart.
5- Darwin.
6- Sydney.
7- Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How so? It's a beautiful harbour, but if I'm living out in the burbs and it takes me so long to get to it that I rarely bother, what does it add to my quality of life?

Isn't it more the fact that it is there and anyone/everyone can enjoy it if they so choose?

Back