List Mgmt. Our Midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

All top end talent

Never thought I’d say it but it will be our greatest ever midfield. Better than the mosquito fleet

Imagine if we add an established big name at years end??
Salivating at the thought but to be honest I think we have some big names already. But no-one has really noticed yet.
I see Marchbank and McKay with lights in a year or two and being feted by other clubs. Charlie as the new Kouta.
Weitering for me is a fullback. Born for the last man pressure.
That will give Jones the chance at CHB to go the ball with cover the way Perovic used to and no-one will beat him.
Marchbank on a flank marking every loose ball will be sucking the opposition talls his way leaving the spine clear.
But this is the midfield thread eh?
Well the midfield will thrive on that defence behind them.

Salivating at the thought but to be honest I think we have some big names already. But no-one has really noticed yet.
I see Marchbank and McKay with lights in a year or two and being feted by other clubs. Charlie as the new Kouta.
Weitering for me is a fullback. Born for the last man pressure.
That will give Jones the chance at CHB to go the ball with cover the way Perovic used to and no-one will beat him.
Marchbank on a flank marking every loose ball will be sucking the opposition talls his way leaving the spine clear.
But this is the midfield thread eh?
Well the midfield will thrive on that defence behind them.

Or the defence will thrive with a better midfield

Looking forward to seeing Weitering Plowman Marchbank Williamson Docherty all on the park together. Another great core

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is so much to like about where our midfield is going between Cripps, Kennedy, SPS, Dow, Walsh and Setterfield but its going to require patience. Ages of above going into 2021 season - 25, 23, 22, 21, 20 and 22. Realistically this group won’t be entering its prime as a whole until 2023 when you have 4 players 24 or over.

Pretty obvious why the club seems keen to get a FA in I guess.

Edit: plus Fish and OBrien. Good stuff

SPS has copped NONE of the unfair criticism that blokes like Weitering/SOJ and even Kennedy have copped - all these players have played much more accountable and more difficult roles than Mr teflon SPS. Fact is that up till now - Fisher/Dow are more developed and better performers than SPS - and LoB isn't far behind if at all. Both Charlie and Harry will have bigger impacts on ghames in 2019 if they continue their 2018 form as does SPS.

ALL the kids are kids - not just SPS.

Regardless of unrealistic expectations and the very unfair criticisms levelled regularly at some of our long term potential stars the progress of all the young players is steady and that is exactly what one should expect. But because its never as fast as we wish out come the knives.

I would be willing to bet however that none of them have copped unfair criticism from where it counts. i.e. from within the club and playing and coaching group.

SPS is a good example of someone that was touted on here as a messiah and so far he hasnt been that mainly because he is young in a young raw crappy side.
Going into his third season now but with very limited preparations until now by all accounts we should expect to see some of what he really has to offer. But three or four preseasons is now essential to attain a body strong enough to really take the game on week in week out at a consistently high standard for almost all young draftees.

Just wait to see what happens if Walsh doesnt get 30 touches a week in his first five games.

Then again he might do that :)

Last edited:
PS I bet within 2 years the midfield core of Cripps Kennedy SPS Dow Walsh Setterfield Fisher O’Brien will be the most dominant in the game

So much talent - but funny thing is (without having seen Setterfield and Walsh to date), I think Fisher will be the best after Cripps. Kid is a freak.

Dow is an elite prospect and imo the Flemington Straight ahead of Lob.

Sorry Soapy but it's what I think.

They will be pretty different players

Dows breakaway from the packs is probably a rarer commodity.

They will be pretty different players

Dows breakaway from the packs is probably a rarer commodity.
They are different players but i wouldn't say the length of the Flemington Straight, unless your no good with distances.;)

Apart from Cuners, I have all those players, including SPS, in my starting 22

We'll see what we shall see - hope SPS tears it up of course - need him to kick on.
There’s a lot to like about Samo. Skilled, two sided, works hard and has footy smarts. I’d be working on his decisiveness when he has control of the footy. Take the game on Samo.
yep

There’s a lot to like about Samo. Skilled, two sided, works hard and has footy smarts. I’d be working on his decisiveness when he has control of the footy. Take the game on Samo.
As we improve Robbo he and a few others will gain more confidence and we as a team will take the game on more often. How am i doing Soapy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back