MVP Tommy Boyd - The Grand Final Enigma

Remove this Banner Ad

Given we had Hurley money while Boyd was in his 'big' years and the cap has increased we certainly have room.

It's true.
No Boyd contact = no Boyd
No Boyd = no 2016 flag
No flag = no flag hangover

What a horrible time to be a dogs supporter...

I dont get this "No Boyd, no flag" argument that has become dogma on here. The truth is that its impossible to predict with any kind of accuracy how things might have played out if we didnt get Boyd. We might have won zero flags over the last 3 years or we might have won all 3. Maybe we draft Peter Wright and he kicks 6 goals in the Grand Final. Maybe Campbell plays the best game of his life just like Boyd is. We'll never know but I suspect we would have beaten Sydney and GWS in that finals series without Boyd.

Thankfully we don't need to predict what might have been because Boyd kicked 3 goals, took 6 contested marks and we won the flag. That is enough for any dogs fan old enough to remember Nick Riewoldt tearing us apart in consecutive prelims.
Drop the agenda Scrag.

I dont get this "No Boyd, no flag" argument that has become dogma on here. The truth is that its impossible to predict with any kind of accuracy how things might have played out if we didnt get Boyd. We might have won zero flags over the last 3 years or we might have won all 3. Maybe we draft Peter Wright and he kicks 6 goals in the Grand Final. Maybe Campbell plays the best game of his life just like Boyd is. We'll never know but I suspect we would have beaten Sydney and GWS in that finals series without Boyd.
Dude Boyd was arguably best on ground in the grand final! I had money on Picken and JJ for Norm (f yeah!) and was absolutely convinced it was one of those three at the end of the game. Big part in finals too. Yep below expectations otherwise (as a forward) but he still did it when it mattered and I'd take it again at the cost every day of the week. Fair enough to (respectfully) question his development as a forward to date (I still see promise personally), but you can't take the 2016 premiership heroics off him. He earned them.

Hypothesise all you like, what we do know for certain is that he was an integral part of our 2016 finals campaign. What we dont know is if we have seen the best of him. We shall see.

Carry on. Your weird 180º turnabout when it comes to all things Tom Boyd in recent times is compellingly amusing...for both of us, Im sure.

If we did not recruit Tom Boyd I would have not spent the majority of my life since 2016 on YouTube. Think about that - not winning the flag? What the f*%k would you have done in your spare time if we had not won the flag? I am betting quite a few of you would have spent the said time on alcohol and drugs and as a result many of you would now be in jail. I suspect a number on this thread would be in jail in Thomas H Boyd had not decided to change your f*%king life’s on that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The REAL question is this:

Why is there a dress that corresponds roughly to the size of dresses that one GLADYS BEREJIKLIAN would wear hanging up behind him?

Boyd is part of the anti-music festival brigade if you ask me, and this is just the start of it.

He has a fully grown beard and his hair is nothing like that now. Picture is at least 2 years old.
I've completed my forensic investigation. The bottom of that beer can shows an expiry ending in 2020. Indicating the photo was very recent and most likely taken shortly before being posted.

I clearly need a life.

Strange photo posted with a beer at 5am and subsequently deleted a few hours hours. I think someone was so wasted that he confused the snapchat and instagram apps :moustache:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back