Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just quietly, this new site layout is f***ing horrible, at least for mobile....

Agree Apex. It's doing my head in. Is there anyway we can go back to the "Cool" layout. That was the best one for me before they did the upgrade.

So....take a digital detox week and return to........
I’m not sure what this is. But it’s simply horrible.
Even tried to quote a poster for my reply and it didn’t work.
The old quote “if it ain’t broke” certainly applies here.
I imagine that there was dollars involved, so the almighty overrides the ease of the members use of this site.
Dollars will always win I expect.

So....take a digital detox week and return to........
I’m not sure what this is. But it’s simply horrible.
Even tried to quote a poster for my reply and it didn’t work.
The old quote “if it ain’t broke” certainly applies here.
I imagine that there was dollars involved, so the almighty overrides the ease of the members use of this site.
Dollars will always win I expect.

Yep, looks s**t and its about as stable as a hiccoughing flea who's just had a big snort of angel dust.

Good to see you back anyway, happy new year and roll on 2019.

Yeah, he put a lot of imagination into that one

Not.
Better than nothing l guess.

Its the generic avatar for when you dont have an avatar. Part of the new look BF. No customised avatar? The system automatically gives you one with the first letter of your username, hence OA's reference to it being 'forced'.

Getting used to the new look. Pretty much at the point where I can say I like it.:)

Always thought WalterBlaknWhte being Walter White would be this (when he’s not playing Ben Reid’s wag)

721FC3DD-EDC6-4338-9AD4-F1DD733BA511.jpeg

Just scrolling through Instagram and saw a post from Sam Murray with Mitch Orval (son of Angry Dad and former Collingwood player Mark Orval), and just wondered to myself what the * was happening with Sam?

It just seems that every since the news broke, it’s been assumed that his career is as good as done and therefore it’s not worth talking about anymore.

Is there any genuine news surrounding it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just scrolling through Instagram and saw a post from Sam Murray with Mitch Orval (son of Angry Dad and former Collingwood player Mark Orval), and just wondered to myself what the **** was happening with Sam?

It just seems that every since the news broke, it’s been assumed that his career is as good as done and therefore it’s not worth talking about anymore.

Is there any genuine news surrounding it?
I decided to do a google search for any updated news and came across Chris Judds comments at the time of these revelations.
What a pious man he is.
Wasn’t he a Captain of the West COKE Eagles?
Rewriting history.

Really off topic - but you have to watch the movie the night comes for us on Netflix - basically it’s John wick x 10

AFL website has article of how many premiership players each club has on its list.

They say we have 8 such players. (I only get 7 suchch players.)

Ok is it me? Or are the poor non checked articles the norm on that website, lazy mistakes?

For the record, these are the 7, I am thinking of:

1. Goldsack
2. Pendlebury
3. Beams
4. Varcoe
5. Reid
6. Sidebottom
7. Roughead

Edit: the article is saying total of all flags one so multiples count eg Varcoe has won two flags so we have 7 players with 8 flags.
35Daicos has clarified with far better precise language than our AFL website scribe.
That or my reading skills are slipping.

Last edited:
I've just read the article How many premiership players are on your club's list? on the AFL website. It's very poorly done! Despite the title of the article, after reading a fair way through it, it becomes apparent that it's (mostly) about the total number of Premiership's won by the players on 2019 lists.

They show these figures at the end of the article:
The number of flags on your club's list in 2019

Adelaide: 0
Brisbane: 5
Carlton: 1
Collingwood: 8
Essendon: 1
Fremantle: 4
GWS Giants: 1
Geelong: 11
Gold Coast: 0
Hawthorn: 35
Melbourne: 4
North Melbourne: 0
Port Adelaide: 1
Richmond: 22
St Kilda: 2
Sydney: 9
West Coast: 21
Western Bulldogs: 19

They should have made clear precisely what they are talking about, and could have added to the table the number (in brackets) of actual Premiership players at each club. Just before they show the tallies it says "The Western Bulldogs have 19 premiership players, while Geelong is the only other club in double figures with 11 premiership players going into season 2019." That's rather misleading and should be worded differently, as the Bulldogs have 17 Premiership players with 19 Premiership's between them, and for Geelong there's 6 Premiership players with 11 Premiership's between them.

Shane Mumford is back on the GWS list, so the Giants' tally should be 2. The article says "West Coast is next in the queue, having lost just one premiership player from its successful 2018 team following Lycett's move to Port Adelaide." Mark LeCras announced his retirement months ago. Why don't they know this?! Even if the person who wrote the article doesn't think of it, surely somebody else checks it before it's released for public consumption! West Coast's tally is correctly shown as 21 however, with Lewis Jetta having won a flag with Sydney as well.

AFL website has article of how many premiership players each club has on its list.

They say we have 8 such players. (I only get 7 seconds ch players.)

Ok is it me? Or are the poor non checked articles the norm on that website, lazy mistakes?

For the record these are the 7 I am thinking of:

1. Goldsack
2. Pendlebury
3. Beams
4. Varcoe
5. Reid
6. Sidebottom
7. Roughead

??????
Sorry Saintly, I didn't know that had just been posted!! The article is very poorly done; it's meant to be about the total number of Premiership's won by 2019 list players at each club, not the number of Premiership players (despite the totally misleading title)! So we have the 7 players, but they've won 8 flags between them (Varcoe has 2).

Sorry Saintly, I didn't know that had just been posted!! The article is very poorly done; it's meant to be about the total number of Premiership's won by 2019 list players at each club, not the number of Premiership players (despite the totally misleading title)! So we have the 7 players, but they've won 8 flags between them (Varcoe has 2).
You Sir have cleared up what they meant.
Yes our Varcoe is doubled up in glory.

Agree poorly written.

You Sir have cleared up what they meant.
Yes our Varcoe is doubled up in glory.

Agree poorly written.
I sent an email to Riley Beveridge a few hours ago pointing out the couple of crucial errors in his article. Though I haven't received a reply (and probably won't) I see a subtle change (or two) has been made to it. The GWS tally (in the table) has been changed from 1 to 2. It also now says "Carlton (Dale Thomas) and Essendon (Jake Stringer) are the other clubs with just one premiership player on their 2019 lists." so I think that has also been changed as it no longer mentions GWS (Heath Shaw) as it did previously. There's a fair bit of irony in Mumford being forgotten, since there's a link to an article about him on that same page!:
1546844566707.png
It still says "West Coast is next in the queue, having lost just one premiership player from its successful 2018 team following Lycett's move to Port Adelaide.", for some reason ignoring LeCras' retirement! Anyway, at least some improvement has been made!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-07/how-many-premiership-players-are-on-your-clubs-list

It was our captain's 31st birthday yesterday. It looks like the club forgot all about it, since there's no mention of it on the Pies' website, Twitter or Facebook pages! Hope they finally notice and at least say something in the next day or so!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back