Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad you've got yourself together.
Unrelated but I just read that Peterson's daughter got a strike on YouTube for peddling her all-meat diet for 'spam and deceptive practices'. I remember also reading that Peterson had answers deleted from his IAMA on Reddit as he started trying to spruik his products to people.
The apple and the tree?

Unrelated but I just read that Peterson's daughter got a strike on YouTube for peddling her all-meat diet for 'spam and deceptive practices'. I remember also reading that Peterson had answers deleted from his IAMA on Reddit as he started trying to spruik his products to people.
The apple and the tree?
it is not doubted the guy is cluey, but the problem with quasi-smart folk, if they are manipulative, he can have cadre and fellow-travellers eating out of their(his) hands. Look at some of his youtube vlogs, he has choreographed the content, the emotional material where he breaks down and sobs, I venture that this was him acting out the role. I would even extend this to him writing the material and letter that was purported to be written to him, where he breaks down. Now if the letter was indeed opened and read for the first time, then his emotional response tabula rasa may be genuine. It aint. He wrote the damn letter and formulated the other hypotheticals. He may have some valid agony aunt things to say to the masses, but he lost me when I deducted that this act was for show and pique emotive responses and stimulate more eyeballs to his channel. He also likes to dabble in Hitler and Goebbels' biographies. I reckon he is a heuristic in manipulation 101.

Last edited:
NB. spook rudimentary method. You hide the deflection and misdirection within putative valid and recondite material, so ALL of the information looks credible. JP has some good countervailing rhetoric on the liberal zeitgeist of HRC and Obama and prevailing orthodoxies in academe, but he pushes it far to boundaries like /Albert/Hird/ 1546834099007.png /and he slips in some limited hangout BS when he is succeeding in the manipulation. It is a pretty good racket, he will probably be on US$5million when tenured profs at UoToronto and Harvard are prolly on no more than a few hundred k and as anonymous boffin you aint seeing any return from writing textbooks even if you give you researchers all the work to do and you put your name to it, unless you are Stiglitz who won a nobel in economics for asymmetric knowledge in asset pricing, or the controversial law prof Dershowitz who gets his interns to do all the work.

IDW aka whatawank
1546670971361.png
intellectual dark web #IDW

#notdoctorhelencaldicotadelaide

#onanism
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2007/sep/09/art

James Albert Hird (born 4 February 1973) is a former professional Australian rules football player and the former senior coach of the Essendon Football Club in ...

Last edited:

it is not doubted the guy is cluey, but the problem with quasi-smart folk, if they are manipulative, he can have cadre and fellow-travellers eating out of their(his) hands. Look at you of his youtube vlogs, he has choreographed the content, the emotional material where he breaks down and sobs, I venture that this was him acting out the role. I would even extend this to him writing the material and letter that was purported to be written to him, where he breaks down. Now if the letter was indeed opened and read for the first time, then his emotional response tabula rasa may be genuine. It aint. He wrote the damn letter and formulated the other hypotheticals. He may have some valid agony aunt things to say to the massses, but he lost me when I deducted that this act was for show and pique emotive responses and stimulate more eyeballs to his channel. He also likes to dabble it Hitler and Goebbels' biographies. I reckon he is a heuristic in manipulation 101.
I agree wholeheartedly. He seems as fraudulent and opportunistic as he could possibly be. The comparison of you to him was more the convoluted writing than anything else. His is clearly used so he can retain plausibility deniability at anything after the fact though.

NB. spook rudimentary method. You hide the deflection and misdirection within putative valid and recondite material, so ALL of the information looks credible. JP has some good countervailing rhetoric on the liberal zeitgeist of HRC and Obama and prevailing orthodoxies in academe, but he pushes it far to boundaries like Albert Hird and he slips in some limited hangout BS when he is succeeding in the manipulation. It is a pretty good racket, he will probably be on US$5million when tenured profs at UoToronto and Harvard are prolly on no more than a few hundred k and you aint seeing any return from writing textbooks even if you give you researchers all the work to do and you put your name to it, unless you are Stiglitz who won a nobel in economics for asymmetric knowledge in asset pricing, or the law prof Dershowitz who gets his interns to do all the work.

IDW aka whatawank
View attachment 601641

#notdoctorhelencaldicotadelaide
Brilliant. Possibly the best thing I've ever read.

giphy.gif

limited hangout BS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

now some goose has edited the wiki page, I am quoting a former figbooty post of mine
that involves the release of previously hidden information in order to prevent a greater exposure of more important details.
It takes the form of deception, misdirection, or coverup often associated with intelligence agencies involving a release or "mea culpa" type of confession of only part of a set of previously hidden sensitive information, that establishes credibility for the one releasing the information who by the very act of confession appears to be "coming clean" and acting with integrity; but in actuality, by withholding key facts, is protecting a deeper operation and those who could be exposed if the whole truth came out.

Brilliant. Possibly the best thing I've ever read.

giphy.gif
#ZeroHedge add #Musk to the hashtag#jointfrauds #Elizabeth Holmes
#Theranos #Tesla Cal is now legal weed [sic]
/grammar

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...ing-money-crazy-and-faced-severe-threat-death
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...s-traipsing-around-silicon-valley-looking-new

if you wanna get laid and have an electric vehicle a Prius will do it for me. but I am a cheap lay so a Honda Clarity will serve the purpose.
tumblr_opt9qwF9Th1smsmqro1_500.gif

Attachments

• 1546761027860.png
    1546761027860.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 32
#ZeroHedge add #Musk to the hashtag#jointfrauds #Elizabeth Holmes
#Theranos #Tesla Cal is now legal weed [sic]
/grammar

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...ing-money-crazy-and-faced-severe-threat-death
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...s-traipsing-around-silicon-valley-looking-new

if you wanna get laid and have an electric vehicle a Prius will do it for me. but I am a cheap lay so a Honda Clarity will serve the purpose.
tumblr_opt9qwF9Th1smsmqro1_500.gif
Elizabeth is a sexy sociopath. Her mates call her Blinky.

The journo who exposed her worked for Murdoch.

Murdoch was the largest shareholder in Theranos.

Guess who was on the board of Centro Mondiale Commerciale?

Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it is not doubted the guy is cluey, but the problem with quasi-smart folk, if they are manipulative, he can have cadre and fellow-travellers eating out of their(his) hands. Look at some of his youtube vlogs, he has choreographed the content, the emotional material where he breaks down and sobs, I venture that this was him acting out the role. I would even extend this to him writing the material and letter that was purported to be written to him, where he breaks down. Now if the letter was indeed opened and read for the first time, then his emotional response tabula rasa may be genuine. It aint. He wrote the damn letter and formulated the other hypotheticals. He may have some valid agony aunt things to say to the masses, but he lost me when I deducted that this act was for show and pique emotive responses and stimulate more eyeballs to his channel. He also likes to dabble in Hitler and Goebbels' biographies. I reckon he is a heuristic in manipulation 101.
Or he is trying his absolute best to be the as truthful and honest as he can be. Weird?

JP is no snake oil salesman.

He's an ideologue coming from a sound academic base.

However, he is no genius. It appears his outstanding contribution will be as a libertarian. The man's principals are sound.

JP is no snake oil salesman.

He's an ideologue coming from a sound academic base.

However, he is no genius. It appears his outstanding contribution will be as a libertarian. The man's principals are sound.
Illuminating the contradictions and dead ends of Neitzsche, Darwin and Heidegger; reconnecting to Jung’s work to eviscerate the last hundred years of skeptical self destructive malaise and to then revive the modernist project whilst resurrecting the profundity of history and culture - may not be genius for you - it’s sufficient for me.

I'm not really au fait - or have that many *s to give - with the territory in which Peterson inhabits but the fascinating thing is, why do his detractors keep slinging arrows and attempting to diminish/expose him for a fraud? They just keep fronting up time after time in search of that illusive 'gotcha' moment.

Because let's be honest, whether or not you're a fan, he's clearly got an acres worth of panties in a twist. They are coming from far and wide to out-intellectualise him, but if he was really that much of a fraud, you wouldn't even bother, would you?

Simultaneously fascinating and amusing to observe.

* I love this joint.

I'm not really au fait - or have that many ****s to give - with the territory in which Peterson inhabits but the fascinating thing is, why do his detractors keep slinging arrows and attempting to diminish/expose him for a fraud? They just keep fronting up time after time in search of that illusive 'gotcha' moment.

Because let's be honest, whether or not you're a fan, he's clearly got an acres worth of panties in a twist. They are coming from far and wide to out-intellectualise him, but if he was really that much of a fraud, you wouldn't even bother, would you?

Simultaneously fascinating and amusing to observe.

**** I love this joint.
It's because what he says is heretical. If he was simply another Eckhart Tolle or Deepak Chopra no one would care. But because he calls out some of what is popularly believed as fashionable nonsense, he incites derangement in the believers.

Who is worse? Peterson, or the APA, who have recently announced that 'traditional masculinity is harmful'?

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/01/ce-corner.aspx

Pathologising what is thought of as normal behaviour is de rigeur for progressives. Someone who should be from inside the tent (a psychologist) protesting against it must be stopped. Every puritanical culture has its Guis, Torquemadas and Cromwells.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back