Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes amazing isn't it.
I wonder is there any coincidence our young players have been so far below AFL Fitness standards..Don't senior players drive standards?
Must have been great having a captain who never chased.
I know I will get shot down but I grew tired of watching players run away from him and seeing him with hands on hips.
If you saw that it was down to him playing with a broken foot and also covering so many more km than anyone not named Ed Curnow. Captains drive training standards, how well you do the drills provided. They don’t come up with the drills. They shouldn’t have to be thinking about the fitness standards. The coaches should be driving that first and foremost.

Yet he was Top 5 at our club for average tackles per game in 2018. Go figure.
There were a lot of average tackles last season, hoping this is one of the areas being addressed.

Yes amazing isn't it.
I wonder is there any coincidence our young players have been so far below AFL Fitness standards..Don't senior players drive standards?
Must have been great having a captain who never chased.
I know I will get shot down but I grew tired of watching players run away from him and seeing him with hands on hips.
Is it 2018 again? I thought we were into the new year now.
Captain - example what he can do so can I. But alas I will let myself out.
Ciao till October.
Oh, no stick around.

Stay on the board while it's this peaceful, you might actually enjoy being here for once.

Part of this "clique" silliness starts with posters dropping and running. You bagged Murph. And? I think the world will keep turning. October?

I'm still here,
personaly i didn't like him nominated as Captain, didn't like the way he went about on the field.

2019, changes have been made.
time to move on..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

were they tackle that stuck, was he payed a free kick for those tackles?

or were they attempted tackles?

would be interested to Know.
Everyone's tackle stats would be way down if the tackles are only credited when a free kick is paid. Umpire calls for a ball up after a tackle is laid, do we count that or not?

Not for a moment am I suggesting a Murphy tackle is as strong/effective as a Cripps tackle (but then not too many are), but it was suggested that Murphy would stand & watch, with his hands on hips, while opponents ran away from him. My observations differ to this & the stats support this.

Our younger players look up to Murphy due to his professionalism. Track watchers confirm this (as does anecdotal evidence), yet every now & then we get a troll dumping crap about Murphy & then some choose to validate the troll.

Just in case any hasn't noticed the Double death riding on the Silk Drinkers board has reached 112 pages!!! :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Serious * all of * all must happen in Adelaide ….

were they tackle that stuck, was he payed a free kick for those tackles?

or were they attempted tackles?

would be interested to Know.
A tackle is the same for every player.

As defined by CD "Using physical contact to prevent an opponent in possession of the ball from getting an effective disposal."

Not sure why Murphy gets a hard time here, has been a great asset to the club from the very first day he was drafted.

Gethelred and Mediumsizered spot on with their arguments once again. Both seem extremely clever, wise and knowledgeable posters.

Sigh. Once again it's up to me and my complete lack of these traits to bring "team red" back down to a level playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back