Status
Not open for further replies.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I had a job where we worked 12 hour days, 4 on 4 off for a while. I liked it - the nature of the work suited it - but the missus hated it. Never saw me when I was "On" and the first day off I was pretty cactus so I wouldn't be up for much.

A lot of jobs I work these days output is more important than attendance. They don't over care where the work happens, so long as I meet my commitments. I don't like working from home a lot though. Makes "home" feel like "work". Messes with my mental context.

My preference is for Australia Day to remain on January 26, although if it were to move, I'm a fan of May 27, which was the date of the 1967 referendum, where Aboriginal Australians were officially recognised as part of the population.

Other dates for Australia Day could include August 10 (the day the result of the 1967 referendum became law) or June 3 (the day that terra nullius was overturned)
I have wanted to see Australia Day moved for years, but I liked your post because I agree with the rest of it in that those are some my preferred move dates (along with January 25, National Sorry Day on May 26, and New Years Day aka Commonwealth Day) .

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Move the day i honestly dont care.

Totally against changing the flag and the anthem

God have you heard that Judith Durham version i think ******* awful
Could change 'em all, for all I care. The flag is just the Union Jack with some stars on it, no *s given if they change it to something better, the national anthem is pretty bog average (mind you, there's not many good ones around the world).

Totally against changing the flag and the anthem

I’m not totally against changing the flag or the anthem, but preferably I’d like them to stay.

The flag represents all the states of Australia, our location and our British connection, while the anthem brings us together - “Australians All”, not “Some of Australia”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Few of us asked to do ten hr days for 4 days and have fri Sat sun off
They said what happens if we need u Friday?
Well we would ome in on over time
Oh we can't do that was the reply

It's the same as doing 5 days and coming in Sat u idiots
Sometimes u wonder how those that make important decisions get to be in their positions
I have worked a number of rosters over the last few years, but honestly, I'd jump at the prospect of being able to do Monday-Thursday 8-6 and getting Friday/Saturday/Sunday off again. It's not quite the same as doing Monday-Friday and then coming in on Saturday because working 6 days a week is so much more tiring than 5. I'm used to longer shifts so the extra 2 hours in the working day don't bother me. I value days off more than evenings off- but I know other people think differently.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I work 80 hours a fortnight like most full-timers but I work it in 1 week and get the next off.

I’m not totally against changing the flag or the anthem, but preferably I’d like them to stay.

The flag represents all the states of Australia, our location and our British connection, while the anthem brings us together - “Australians All”, not “Some of Australia”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fwiw i dont see a british flag. Thats the union jack covering the whole flag alone. I like ours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Im not disputing its not there. All im saying is ... what i said in the previous post.

And never worn it as a cape
Im all for people wearing it as a cape and chanting oi oi oi, Im happy to give them the 26th of Jan to do it.

But in time that flag will be in a museum and it will be recognised as our old flag,100% guaranteed ,just add time

I’m a bit of an Anglophile , but I still don’t mind either way when it comes to our Flag and Anthem . They could be better so I’m open to changing them, but that’s also true of many other Flags /Anthems . One thing I like about our Flag is how similar it is to New Zealand’s :)

I’m a bit of an Anglophile , but I still don’t mind either way when it comes to our Flag and Anthem . They could be better so I’m open to changing them, but that’s also true of many other Flags /Anthems . One thing I like about our Flag is how similar it is to New Zealand’s :)

Similar but better.

As is anything else Aussie v NZ :)

I think the anthem is a bit bleh on its own, but throw a few olympic medalists standing up singing it as it plays during a medal ceremony, I think thats bloody unreal!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back