Social Science Things that please me - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the 5 minute penalty in a workplace situation - I reckon I would be on the end of a few being part of the HR department

That would be the first department I’d go to and start laying people out. Especially if I only received a 5 minute penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah this year already has some kind of goal attached to it for me. We booked a cruise late in the year. Its great to have something to look forward to and plan towards and save for. Feel more motivated to save/eat better etc. (So far )

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Getting back from holidays. Being away and having different experiences is nice, but nothing beats getting back home again and sleeping in your own bed.
some say you need a holiday from your holiday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting back from holidays. Being away and having different experiences is nice, but nothing beats getting back home again and sleeping in your own bed.
Toughest part is the last day of a trip, where you get out of bed knowing that it might be 40+ hours until you will be in a bed again...but it will be yours!

Best part is getting back in the door and jumping into bed (Y)

Toughest part is the last day of a trip, where you get out of bed knowing that it might be 40+ hours until you will be in a bed again...but it will be yours!

Best part is getting back in the door and jumping into bed (Y)
Did that literally 2 days ago. Slept 14 hours like a log when I got in.

Into Thin Air is a ripping book and is the source for the film Everest. Same author also wrote Into the Wild. Enjoy.
I haven't read Into Thin Air (it's on my list) but I've seen Everest and read quite a lot about that expedition.

It's interesting that Jon Krakauer received quite a lot of criticism from those in the mountaineering community, including some on the actual expedition. I would also like to read Anatoli Boukreev's response in The Climb to counter Krakauer's criticism.

Obviously Bookreev is going to defend himself, and it's quite possible a lot of the mountaineering community are defending him (and not long after eulogising him) simply because he is a legend within those circles.

I haven't read Into Thin Air (it's on my list) but I've seen Everest and read quite a lot about that expedition.

It's interesting that Jon Krakauer received quite a lot of criticism from those in the mountaineering community, including some on the actual expedition. I would also like to read Anatoli Boukreev's response in The Climb to counter Krakauer's criticism.

Obviously Bookreev is going to defend himself, and it's quite possible a lot of the mountaineering community are defending him (and not long after eulogising him) simply because he is a legend within those circles.

I felt his book was an honest account of what he saw happen on the mountain. I haven't read Boukreev's book (I should too) but I have read Beck Weathers' book 'Left for Dead' which IIRC he didn't criticise Krakauer's at all. He's a very lucky man Weathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back