Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

For more Port talk?

Sunday Mail columnist and former Port Adelaide Magpies and Geelong defender Dwayne Russell will join South Australia’s newest radio station, 1629 SEN SA from 21st January.

Russell will host ‘Dwayne’ between 3-4pm weekdays before handing over to the locally-produced drive show ‘Kymbo and The Rooch’ with Kym Dillon and Michaelangelo Rucci from 4pm.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This Haysie bloke as actually pretty decent. Self deprecating sense of humour, can entertainingly talk a lot of s**t about nothing. They’re a pretty good pairing.
I agree, it’s not too bad a show., and he works better off Kane than BHart or Blighty did.

Now having Dwayno to be on air in timeslot opposite Wrinkles is a good move too, I think.
Looking forward to the Rucci pm one too, even though will have to put up with his offsider.

hope they eventually get a weekend SA based show too.

We have been needing an alternative to the fiveaa and triplem crap for years.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I agree, it’s not too bad a show., and he works better off Kane than BHart or Blighty did.

It works because it’s not a battle of ego’s. Hayes’ light hearted mocking of Kane’s acheivemts is good. Blight and Hart (particularly Blight) had big ego’s and loved the sound of their own voices.

Is there any workaround for a car radio that won't get up to 1629? Mine also stops at 1602 lol.

Hopefully they might simulcast at a lower frequency at some point.
A piece of white tape on the right hand side of the radio. Then texta 1629 on it and the little red thing that shows your radio where to go.

download.jpg

RustyCage

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tredrea moving from Triple M to 5AA. Gone from dealing with Jarman to dealing with Rowe. Don’t know if that’s a step up or a step down....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tredrea moving from Triple M to 5AA. Gone from dealing with Jarman to dealing with Rowe. Don’t know if that’s a step up or a step down....
No surprise there. He spent 2018 working for 3AW doing 1 game a week. Croc media takes their AFL Nation coverage over to SEN SA and now 5AA gets 3AW and 6PR calls back as part of their schedule so makes sense for him to be on the same network for games. Will replace Kane as special comments for Port games which is a good thing.

I was hoping he was going to SEN but alas. So long as he is around in some form. He's balanced with us and gives us the rod when we need it and defends us when the criticism is unwarranted or over the top. He's a good egg.

Iwish

XUS NEK
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It will ultimately be tredders and bicks doing drive. The big fisherman might as well start looking for new work now

When Tredders was a player and represented Port on AA he always stood up to Graham Cornes's anti-Port crap. Slapped him back in his place a few times. He won't put up with any nonsense from Rowe and Bickley.

When Tredders was a player and represented Port on AA he always stood up to Graham Cornes's anti-Port crap. Slapped him back in his place a few times. He won't put up with any nonsense from Rowe and Bickley.

lol you just know Rowe is intimidated by Tredrea's big dick energy.

Sep 24, 2008
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
La lakers. Oakland Raiders, bunny’s
This Haysie bloke as actually pretty decent. Self deprecating sense of humour, can entertainingly talk a lot of s**t about nothing. They’re a pretty good pairing.
It will ultimately be tredders and bicks doing drive. The big fisherman might as well start looking for new work now
I’d rather listen to Rowe than elbows.

ploppy

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1629 wtf my car radio only goes to 1602 like most.. so i cant get sen..there was a lot of empty static on the rest of the am band surely they could find something that people can listen too.

So what you are really saying is that it is a temporary gig then?
Its not a full time gig, ie he wont leave his channel 9 gig to work fulltime on 5AA's drive show. Therefore he can be as controversial as he likes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back