News New basketball uniforms/logos/courts etc.

View attachment 602402

Gave it a crack at improving on some of these city jerseys - some probably aren't really improvements but ultimately a disappointing set from First Ever.

• Adelaide - Church City (bit less wordy than City of Churches) is probably the most identifiable city nickname in Australia - however going with a cross for the design seemed to be leaning a bit less on the architecture and more on the religious aspect. Instead, went with the wings, representing the piping shrike. Wine red colouring represents the wine regions of South Australia.
  • Brisbane - Honestly don't mind what First Ever have done for this one but "River City" seems a bit of a stretch. Brisvegas in a script workmark, with the Bridge still shown on the singlet and a fully blue and gold colour scheme.
  • Cairns - Now this one I felt a bit odd making and the designs are purely as placeholder. I'm not an Indigenous artist and I don't have access to the source artwork, but with what First Ever have put out, the indigenous aspect seems like an afterthought. Go all in, go full orange and even use a snake as the main element in indigenous artwork. Obviously, you'd need a local designer from the region to do the actual design.
  • Illawarra - Tough to do this one and perhaps someone from the area would be better off, but played off the "Steel City" aspect to do a black and chrome style jersey. Steel bar across the front with the city's famous "The Gong" nickname across the front.
  • Melbourne - Went with Hosier Lane as inspiration, Melbourne is of course famous for it's street art and the concept seemed to work well enough as a basketball jersey.
  • NZ - Used the Silver Fern flag as inspiration, replacing the royal blue with the crisp aqua section, representing the clear waters in Auckland. However, they are the NZ Warriors so the "city" is really the whole nation so I chose Aotearoa as the wordmark.
  • Perth - Struggled the most with this tbh, but wanted to move away from the Red Army nonsense. Instead, took the ball of the existing design for the sunset concept and essentially borrowed the Utah Jazz city design. The top section with the black on yellow is also a nod to the original Wildcats designs of the 80s.
  • Sydney - I like that they used black and gold but by god, they butchered it so bad. I've already done the black and gold thing heaps so went with a deeper shade of purple and metallic gold instead of the usual yellow-gold. The arches represent the Harbour Bridge, and Sydney as a name is identifiable enough as is.
Love them all. That being said, I probably prefer what First Ever did for Melbourne, and I rate the concept behind the original Illawarra one as it gives me NRL vibes (are Wollongong and Illawarra close enough to be the same city?) I was a fan of the Cairns and Perth original ones but these ones are also top notch, so much so that I probably prefer them over First Ever’s designs. You’ve also hit the nail on the head with Adelaide, Brisbane, NZ and Sydney, all perfect.
I can’t help but think that a Townsville city jersey would look really cool.

Lucev23

Josh Kennedy is My Dad
Sep 10, 2006
Chelsea FC
View attachment 602402

Gave it a crack at improving on some of these city jerseys - some probably aren't really improvements but ultimately a disappointing set from First Ever.

• Adelaide - Church City (bit less wordy than City of Churches) is probably the most identifiable city nickname in Australia - however going with a cross for the design seemed to be leaning a bit less on the architecture and more on the religious aspect. Instead, went with the wings, representing the piping shrike. Wine red colouring represents the wine regions of South Australia.
  • Brisbane - Honestly don't mind what First Ever have done for this one but "River City" seems a bit of a stretch. Brisvegas in a script workmark, with the Bridge still shown on the singlet and a fully blue and gold colour scheme.
  • Cairns - Now this one I felt a bit odd making and the designs are purely as placeholder. I'm not an Indigenous artist and I don't have access to the source artwork, but with what First Ever have put out, the indigenous aspect seems like an afterthought. Go all in, go full orange and even use a snake as the main element in indigenous artwork. Obviously, you'd need a local designer from the region to do the actual design.
  • Illawarra - Tough to do this one and perhaps someone from the area would be better off, but played off the "Steel City" aspect to do a black and chrome style jersey. Steel bar across the front with the city's famous "The Gong" nickname across the front.
  • Melbourne - Went with Hosier Lane as inspiration, Melbourne is of course famous for it's street art and the concept seemed to work well enough as a basketball jersey.
  • NZ - Used the Silver Fern flag as inspiration, replacing the royal blue with the crisp aqua section, representing the clear waters in Auckland. However, they are the NZ Warriors so the "city" is really the whole nation so I chose Aotearoa as the wordmark.
  • Perth - Struggled the most with this tbh, but wanted to move away from the Red Army nonsense. Instead, took the ball of the existing design for the sunset concept and essentially borrowed the Utah Jazz city design. The top section with the black on yellow is also a nod to the original Wildcats designs of the 80s.
  • Sydney - I like that they used black and gold but by god, they butchered it so bad. I've already done the black and gold thing heaps so went with a deeper shade of purple and metallic gold instead of the usual yellow-gold. The arches represent the Harbour Bridge, and Sydney as a name is identifiable enough as is.
Infinitely better then what they'll actually be wearing. Top notch mate.

Cheers mate! If Classic has any work going, you know where to find me. ;)

Anyone know why the Raptors 'Earned' jersey isn't up for sale on the NBA Store?

Only for sale through the Raptors “Real Sports Apparel” store. Thinking about getting one myself, tbh.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
I rate the concept behind the original Illawarra one as it gives me NRL vibes (are Wollongong and Illawarra close enough to be the same city?)

Illawarra isn't a city, it is a region that exists between the southern Sydney suburbs and the south coast region of NSW. As such it includes Wollongong (as well as Kiama and Shellharbour), so any reference of Illawarra tends to also mean Wollongong as they refer to the same region (or section of the region).

Basically all major teams in any league that have Illawarra in their name play out of Wollongong, and any Wollongong named team represents the Illawarra region.

May 25, 2009
Swoop City can get stuffed, not even remotely identifiable with Adelaide. FT’s version is perfect
Ive lived in "Swoop City" for 27 years have only been swooped once and never heard it referred to as that!

Admittedly I dont follow the NBL but surely every team would have a throwback jersey that would be better than that City garbage from First Ever.

CONCEPT:
1547017806942.png

I am not a huge fan of the current OKC uniforms but I loved our sunset uniforms, so I combined that with the royal blue. Boom.

Add just a touch of orange to this i reckon and it will really pop
I think I prefer it without orange, just more simple, we've done too much with our current Icon jersey.
1547022604134.png

I think I prefer it without orange, just more simple, we've done too much with our current Icon jersey.
View attachment 602905
I probably would have gone with piping on the cuffs/collar or even a stripe down the sides, but it looks OK around the lettering. just a matter of trying to get the balance right.

graeme gray

Draftee
Dec 29, 2017
View attachment 602402

i like this idea better for the ones they made would you do one for the defunct teams from nbl

Rockets new uniform based somewhat off their Earned jerseys. The inclusion of that throwback is really nice.
View attachment 696447
This would explain the new logo. Tbh I don't mind this. Red one is a little bit too Portland for me though with the offset piping on the cuffs.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
The only thing that would concern me with that move would be its similar look to the Rockets scheme but now that they got not unis I would happily switch over to a White/Red/Silver scheme.

I just realised it was late and I completely confused the Raps with the Rockets

Proceed

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
I don't mind the base design of the 'North' chevron but all these teams winning important rings in alternate strips is so dumb. The Cavs won it in a t-shirt with no name on it too.

It's just bizarre how many teams are abandoning really obvious colour solutions.

The Toronto Raptors should bring back the purple in a guise. They've won in red so keep it, but this 'we the north' thing is just a cheesy scheme from some pussy ass 'rapper.'

It's like the Rockets unis above. The light yellow features and that awesome wordmark is way more identifiable and unique.

The Dallas Mavericks with some 2002-ish silver and black just looks so lame. And a stallion as their logo? Their ultimate look is blue, white, and green. To me it's one of the first uniforms I see when I think of basketball.

9bjmx5zlk506mle5slggyeepe.png