List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn - Gippsland/Next Gen Academy players

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Essendon felt he was worth the draft pick. The fact we didn't get a discounted free hit at him is just a bonus, but not why they went early on him.
Anyone who seriously thinks Essendon chose Mos just to make us match is just bat s**t crazy, sorry...

I've read it way too often here, it's just embarrassing

I actually think Essendon felt he was worth the draft pick. The fact we didn't get a discounted free hit at him is just a bonus, but not why they went early on him.
I agree that Essendon wanted him. Their second pick was #60. If they waited till then, the Hawks might have jumped in. So they had to use pick 38.

Anyone who seriously thinks Essendon chose Mos just to make us match is just bat s**t crazy, sorry...

I've read it way too often here, it's just embarrassing
The Scum wanted Mozzie however there was also an element of wanting us to play more than he was worth. They played the same game with Carlton for the FS who is more obsessed with how his hair looks than getting the footy.

The Scum wanted Mozzie however there was also an element of wanting us to play more than he was worth. They played the same game with Carlton for the FS who is more obsessed with how his hair looks than getting the footy.
There is no way Essendon paid more than they thought he was worth purely to try to make us pay more than he was worth.

If they bid pick 38, it's because that's the player they wanted at 38. If there was another player they wanted at that position, they would have taken him; they wouldn't have risked missing on a player they actually wanted just to make another team pay a bit more for a player they really didn't want with that pick..

Even with Dodoro involved...this is cloud cuckoo stuff, guys...

I didn't write the Scum paid more than they thought Mozzie was worth! However I maintain there was an element of wanting us to pay more than we thought he was worth. Time will be the judge with both Kosi and Rog being interesting prospects.

I didn't write the Scum paid more than they thought Mozzie was worth! However I maintain there was an element of wanting us to pay more than we thought he was worth. Time will be the judge with both Kosi and Rog being interesting prospects.
But it can't be both! It's a logical impossibility.

The two options are 1. they wanted Moz at 38
or 2. they wanted us to match

It CANNOT be both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It CANNOT be both.
in hindsight no, but like houdinihuddo said, more than likely played some influence in them 'valuing' him at 38 (i.e. they didn't know we wouldn't match and was an added bonus if they made us do it). we are not talking about the most professional 'sporting' club here.

It CANNOT be both.
Why cant it be they took a risk at 38, thinking if we want him we will over pay or worst case they will get him and overpay.

The gamble had to be played with an early enough pick to make us hurt or flinch

Can we talk about the NGA kids now, please.
Can you or someone please remind or update us as to which kids are on our 2019 horizon?

I can’t find anything on the club’s website. Is that Garner chap NGA-qualified? I recall his name being discussed when the brother was drafted.

Why cant it be they took a risk at 38, thinking if we want him we will over pay or worst case they will get him and overpay.

The gamble had to be played with an early enough pick to make us hurt or flinch
At the risk of offending Abasi, no.

Read your statement again. You're saying that they risked overpaying for someone they didn't really want that early, just to make Hawthorn pay a little bit more?

To believe this, you would have to believe they happily ignored the player they really wanted, called out Moz' name purely with our match in mind, and have now missed out on their real target.

It didn't happen. They called Moz because they rated him and need quick small forwards. There was no "gamble" that backfired.

Seriously, this is getting into #headfu++edbyessendon

At the risk of offending Abasi, no.

Read your statement again. You're saying that they risked overpaying for someone they didn't really want that early, just to make Hawthorn pay a little bit more?

To believe this, you would have to believe they happily ignored the player they really wanted, called out Moz' name purely with our match in mind, and have now missed out on their real target.

It didn't happen. They called Moz because they rated him and need quick small forwards. There was no "gamble" that backfired.

Seriously, this is getting into #headfu++edbyessendon
No one said didnt really want.
Its called gambling and involves an element of bluff and a possibility of win or failure.
As to whether we got bluffed or they bluffed themselves trying to bluff us we will never know unless you sit down with Dodo and get him pissed and loose lipped or until Mossie realises his potential .

in the end there's not much chance of any late pick making it whether its 15 or 50,its all a gamble,you just have to have a game plan and a plan B and C and lots of luck.
and we the BF experts interpret the tea leaves until time and reality makes us look like a fool or a genius

Last edited:
Can we talk about the NGA kids now, please.
That's why I'm here, not to read oeiole's opinions on why Mozzie is at the scum. At least it's the club he followed, so I for one am happy for him. Now let's look at the present, and future, shall we?
2019 prospects from NGA

Marcus Toussaint (2019), Inverloch, Multicultural
Todd Garner (2019), Gruyere, Indigenous
Tot Jok (2019), Pakenham, Multicultural
Charles Power (2019), Heathmont, Multicultural
Sebastian Reyneke (2019), Park Orchards, Multicultural
Harrison Pepper (2019), Morwell, Indigenous

The list of potential father sons is:

Finn Magines

Then there are the 2018 f/s that didn't get selected, such as Devlin Brereton, Kye Barlow, Tom Graham

Its called gambling and involves an element of bluff and a possibility of win or failure.
There's absolutely no evidence of 'bluff' or 'gambling' except in the heads of some posters here. None whatsoever.

Dodoro would lose his job, there are innumerable other people who would know what was supposed to happen, and he would lose his job if he had lost access to a genuine target playing such silly bugger games with a relatively high pick. It's nonsensical to believe this is what happened. I understand stand some people being disappointed in losing Moz, but such fanciful explanations as to why Essendon picked him are nothing more than deluded defence-mechanisms to make ourselves feel better.

Last edited:
2019 prospects from NGA

Marcus Toussaint (2019), Inverloch, Multicultural
Todd Garner (2019), Gruyere, Indigenous
Tot Jok (2019), Pakenham, Multicultural
Charles Power (2019), Heathmont, Multicultural
Sebastian Reyneke (2019), Park Orchards, Multicultural
Harrison Pepper (2019), Morwell, Indigenous

The list of potential father sons is:

Finn Magines

Then there are the 2018 f/s that didn't get selected, such as Devlin Brereton, Kye Barlow, Tom Graham
Some good things being heard about Toussaint already...

There, back on topic Abasi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back