2019 Membership Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait till Richmond stop winning. Their membership will drop by 50%. And everyone knows that Collingwood are the biggest club in the AFL. We have drawn over 9.2 million people since 1921. Collingwood are 7 million more then the next club Carlton. In terms of social media Collingwood are the biggest club in the afl followed by Essendon who are 40,000 behind then hawthorn who are 80,000 behind and 4th Richmond who are 110,000 behind.
Stop it. You're applying too much common sense that journos and richmond fans don't understand. lol

Bazza Man

Rookie
Mar 19, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just wait till Richmond stop winning. Their membership will drop by 50%. And everyone knows that Collingwood are the biggest club in the AFL. We have drawn over 9.2 million people more then Richmond during the home and away season since 1921. Collingwood are 7 million more then the next club Carlton and Essendon are 3rd with 400,000 less then Carlton. In terms of social media Collingwood are the biggest club in the afl followed by Essendon who are 40,000 behind then hawthorn who are 80,000 behind and 4th Richmond who are 110,000 behind.
That’s all ok in terms of history. But I don’t see their membership decreasing by 50% any time soon. If we are as big as we think, we should be increasing our membership by 50%, not hoping that theirs goes down

TimothyJ23

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
100k for Richmond was a flash in the pan - they'll probably cap out at around 90-95k this year and slide over subsequent years as their dominance fades. Provided we can keep up the positive on-field form, there's no reason we can't push up to the 90k mark and beyond.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know this may be controversial but who cares which club has the most members?

People buy them in all shapes and sizes, eg 3 game memberships whatever.

Never really understood why it matters who has more pets as members...

We are the best club and that’s all that matters :)

thatday

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Generally most members = better revenue stream, so I care.

Generally, yes.

Collingwood make more per member than any of the other Victorian clubs though. Only West Coast, Fremantle and Adelaide make as much through membership as we do. Richmond may have closed the gap this year given how many more members they had but last time I looked it was a pretty dramatic gap between us and all the other Vics.

I do agree the number of members itself should be higher and i'm really not sure why it's not. We should always be aiming to increase our revenue streams.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
Hey guys if i buy a family membership for me, my wife and my 3 year old son, do we all get a cap, scarf etc or do we just get 1 between the 3 of us?

Looking at the family 4 game given we're from the country and wont get to many games.

Hey guys if i buy a family membership for me, my wife and my 3 year old son, do we all get a cap, scarf etc or do we just get 1 between the 3 of us?

Looking at the family 4 game given we're from the country and wont get to many games.

I can’t say for sure, but I would think it would be one each. Hopefully someone can clarify. It would be weird to be one between.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Just on this topic... Does a family membership with 3 people count as 3 members or just 1?

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
I’m close to some of the Pies staff particularly in the commercial parts

Over the years they’ve done a lot of homework with statistics through their own research and also via census

Sydney apparently have the most fans (not talking members) something around 1.6 million

Pies were second with around 1.2 or 1.3 million

What we also had was the lowest ratio to membership take up and thats where the club has struggled to close the gap

I think it was Hawks or Kangaroos who had the best ratio of fans to members.

Anyway point being, Richmond are frauds!

Sep 29, 2004
Merimbula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bengals
I know this may be controversial but who cares which club has the most members?

People buy them in all shapes and sizes, eg 3 game memberships whatever.

Never really understood why it matters who has more pets as members...

We are the best club and that’s all that matters :)

I agree with this. The dick measuring contest with memberships is highly amusing. Consistency is the key.

Sep 29, 2004
Merimbula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bengals

One size fits all wicksy, share that bad boy around.

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m close to some of the Pies staff particularly in the commercial parts

Over the years they’ve done a lot of homework with statistics through their own research and also via census

Sydney apparently have the most fans (not talking members) something around 1.6 million

Pies were second with around 1.2 or 1.3 million

What we also had was the lowest ratio to membership take up and thats where the club has struggled to close the gap

I think it was Hawks or Kangaroos who had the best ratio of fans to members.

Anyway point being, Richmond are frauds!

I know we are a popular club but Collingwood having 1.2 to 1.3 supporters Australia wide is a little unrealistic. In terms of Roy Morgan we are at 660,000. Social media we are at 675,000 (ranked no.1) and members 75,000. Our supporter base would more likely be between 650,000-700,000. That makes us the biggest Victorian club.

Just on this topic... Does a family membership with 3 people count as 3 members or just 1?
It would count as three, because you can't scan all three in at once. So I would imagine you each would get a membership card and everything else. So I'm gonna go with you get three.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
It would count as three, because you can't scan all three in at once. So I would imagine you each would get a membership card and everything else. So I'm gonna go with you get three.

Thanks Jen.... I'll report back.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Still havent been able to give them my money as apparently they're stuck in the dark ages and you can only use credit cards. Like any other vigilant barefoot investor, my card got the chop years ago and I just use paypal to attach payments to that account. No paypal, no after pay, no zip pay. Wtf Collingwood?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back