The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Chelsea fans aren’t allowed to openly condemn homophobic behaviour because guy on internet says our “matchgoing fans” are racist? Alrighty then.

Stamford Bridge is no longer the sole preserve for the working class. Our club has suffered/benefitted (depends which way you look at it) from football tourism. Our proximity to the West End, admission prices, season ticket hikes and the cost of living have alienated our regular supporter base. The last time I went to Stamford Bridge, I paid extortionate ticket prices and the stadium was rife with corporates/business associates and affluent foreigners. The old spirited terraces that previously held our hooligans were non-existent, as was any noise from the Shed End and the Matthew Harding Stand. Anyone who has witnessed Stamford Bridge pre and post takeover will tell you that our traditional matchgoing supporter base is dead, but this is a familiar circumstance for the top tier English clubs. What people fail to realise is that Chelsea is now a global brand forming part of a global product and our attendances and supporter base is largely reflective of this. Gone are the days of a dilapidated and rocking Stamford Bridge, filled with working class exuberance. It has been like this for years and has been highly documented, so when people suggest our home fans are what they were in the 90s, the only thing you can do is laugh at their utter naivety. Chelsea has been in transition since the takeover and a small minority of xenophobic fans that have mostly been weeded out by high admission prices doesn’t change the fact that our club has undergone significant changes - both on and off the pitch.

Yeah but the regulars are still scum, same with West Ham.

You can condemn homophobic or racist behaviour all you like. I was just pointing out the irony in you doing so, just like the Sun and Mail.
It would be ironic if I was one of those fans that you’re referring to, but I’m not, so it just looks like you’re reaching for an example of irony.

No different to me saying it’s ironic for you to condemn racism because of what happened between Karl Anderson and Raheem Sterling. But don’t worry, I wouldn’t make such a stupidly absurd link between two people that have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

Hardly a reach given your clubs history. Probably not something you are aware of though. It would be ironic if the Karl Anderson situation wasn't an isolated incident.
But it’s not an isolated incident because Manchester United supporters have been involved with other incidents of racism in the past.

“Trigger, trigger, trigger. Shoot that n*gger. Which f***ing n*gger? That f***ing n*gger.”

United supporter thinking their history is squeaky clean is hilarious.

But it’s not an isolated incident because Manchester United supporters have been involved with other incidents of racism in the past.

“Trigger, trigger, trigger. Shoot that n*gger. Which f***ing n*gger? That f***ing n*gger.”
Your club condoned racism from its club captain. Comparing Chelsea to United on this shows how little you know about your club and fan base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your club condoned racism from its club captain. Comparing Chelsea to United on this shows how little you know about your club and fan base.
The difference between you and me is that I’m prepared to acknowledge my club’s dark history. You’re genuinely in denial about yours. You’re deluded and I am embarrassed for you.

You should familiarise yourself with Manchester United in the 1980s before you start calling out other people for not knowing their club’s history.

The difference between you and me is that I’m prepared to acknowledge my club’s dark history. You’re genuinely in denial about yours. You’re deluded and I am embarrassed for you.

You should familiarise yourself with Manchester United in the 1980s before you start calling out other people for not knowing their club’s history.
You can be embarrassed all you like. I am not in denial about my clubs history at all. The 1980's were tough for us. Maybe you can enlighten me.

Here is the latest and greatest on your club:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...train-after-defeat-to-leicester-a4033096.html

You can be embarrassed all you like. I am not in denial about my clubs history at all. The 1980's were tough for us. Maybe you can enlighten me.

Here is the latest and greatest on your club:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...train-after-defeat-to-leicester-a4033096.html
Zzzzz. You’re putting me to sleep. Thanks for the laughs though. The “isolated incident” claim was my favourite, although your made up definition of irony wasn’t too far behind. You also managed to out yourself as having no clue about United’s history of racism, while trolling my club about mine. You made it too easy for me. Cheers.

As for the incident, it’s a shame. However, even Gero can acknowledge this stuff runs a lot deeper than just Chelsea. Hopefully you can join the grownups one day.

Awkward timing given the last page.
Can British football fans not handle their liquor? Is this a contributory or even worse the leading cause for this recent spate of bad behaviour among fans of many clubs?

The booze removes peoples inhibitions and reveals their true selves i'd say. Having been back home for Chrissy, the cost of alcohol over here is really too cheap unless you are drinking in primrose hill, hadley wood or chelsea.

I have found one pub here that does little creatures on tap. It is cheaper by the pint that in Aus...

The booze removes peoples inhibitions and reveals their true selves i'd say. Having been back home for Chrissy, the cost of alcohol over here is really too cheap unless you are drinking in primrose hill, hadley wood or chelsea.

I have found one pub here that does little creatures on tap. It is cheaper by the pint that in Aus...
Thought so. Far too many unsociable incidents and mostly London clubs, all go to the pub beforehand too.
My one worry about this 80m bar we're building with that fast pouring from the bottom technology. Allows us to get our fans more pissed.

May be awful for night games.
who are you again?
Gosha lol

Thought so. Far too many unsociable incidents and mostly London clubs, all go to the pub beforehand too.
My one worry about this 80m bar we're building with that fast pouring from the bottom technology. Allows us to get our fans more pissed.

May be awful for night games.

Gosha lol
just serve west end or xxxx gold as a deterrent lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back