Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Best time of the year - still holding the NAB cup aloft !
Try again and come prepared to fail all you other clubs. :devil:
Wonder how they are going to get the elite players of the competition to play. I don't particularly want ours to join due to the risk of injury. Surely we can just say they are "sore" or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abbreviated training report 9/1/19-

Took the granddaughter for a scooter ride(I was running beside her, she was setting a cracking pace:)) late this afternoon, went past Yeronga and the boys were there, we stayed for what would have been the last hour or so. I spoke to a couple of other guys that were there.

1) It was a fitness based session, doing drills under fatigue, lots of laps interspersed with the drills.
2) I was and the other guys there were highly impressed with Lincoln McCarthy, looks primed, clean at ground level, great snap, and fit, fingers crossed for the upcoming season.
3) The Scottish/English?? kicking coach who was working with Dan McStay was there working on set shots with the boys, Ballenden and Fullarton looked good.
4) Cedric Cox doing laps, looks extremely fit.
5) Cam Rayner doing laps as well, looked to be still struggling a little, might be rose colored glasses but he did look better than pre Christmas to my untrained eye.
6) Lachie Neale, Harris Andrews and Dayne Zorko were taking repeat sprints (3 different groups), on the side of the ground I was on, no coaches around, players taking ownership, fantastic to see.
7) Ben Keays was up and about, lot of encouragement and enthusiasm, Charlie Cameron smooth as silk as usual, Allen Christensen was doing a lot of ground ball drills, very clean.

For those interested I have it on good authority there is another session at Yeronga Friday morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back