No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now isn’t this more enjoyable? Shitting on Carlton in peace.
source.gif

That is woeful value considering the likelihood.

Would have thought the bookies would have realised that Carlton fans ARE stupid enough to see 5000/1 odds and think "Hay tats how mutch Lester was wen thay one da EPL - dis is a sine from GOD AKA SOS". They'd make a fortune with no risk.

Correction. Carlton posters are stupid enough to see 5000/1 and think they will remain at those odds when in 5 years time they push for the 8. Odds will reflect any form of improvement.

After the injuries they have copped Carlton's odds shown be blown out much more than $250.

Seriously to even consider putting money down on Carlton I would want $10,000 for them to win the flag. Thats only because "if" they win R1, those odds would be cut in half and I would cash out for a tidy profit.

Crows making the 8 is imo just better than 50:50, the odds of $1.62 is not value. It should be around $1.80

Crows making the 8 is imo just better than 50:50, the odds of $1.62 is not value. It should be around $1.80

Really? i thought is was good value. I'd have mortgaged the house for $1.80!

Okay, not really, but considering our list, no camp, no injuries, Brouch back, Smithers back, favourable draw, etc etc i'd think we were very well placed

Perhaps i should look at the draws last year's top 8 clubs had

Okay, not really, but considering our list, no camp, no injuries, Brouch back, Smithers back, favourable draw, etc etc i'd think we were very well placed

I think it depends on how you view the draw and what games we should win.

I see the first 8 as winnable, the next 7 as very tricky, the last 8 having 5 wins.

You would want 13 games to seal a top 8 chance. I am not saying I dont think we will make the 8, just that I wish the odds were better thatn $1.62 I dont think they reflect the difficulty. I would have wanted $1.70 or more to unload personally.

Top 8? We should finish top four.

Last year everything went wrong and yet we were one game from the eight.

We are a genuine Premiership contender IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think it depends on how you view the draw and what games we should win.

I see the first 8 as winnable, the next 7 as very tricky, the last 8 having 5 wins.

You would want 13 games to seal a top 8 chance. I am not saying I dont think we will make the 8, just that I wish the odds were better thatn $1.62 I dont think they reflect the difficulty. I would have wanted $1.70 or more to unload personally.

You're talking about one of the strongest lists in the league from champion data, a very easy draw (there are only 3 games I'm not confident with), and it looks like a rather easy fix to get back to top 8 footballing side (up forward 50 pressure a fair bit).

Really with that draw, top 4 is par for us so $1.62 may actually be a tad generous.

You're talking about one of the strongest lists in the league from champion data, a very easy draw (there are only 3 games I'm not confident with), and it looks like a rather easy fix to get back to top 8 footballing side (up forward 50 pressure a fair bit).

Really with that draw, top 4 is par for us so $1.62 may actually be a tad generous.

See, that's what i thought. But i also agree, Carlton are way under priced. $250 for the premiership, get real. $2,500 more like it.

I think the real bet is how many wins they'll get - 0, 1, 2, 3?

Will add a poll.

What are Carltons odds for finishing top 17?

Sportsbet Odds.

Carlton for wooden spoon $3.75 which is ~ 27% chance of winning the spoon (least wins in 2019)

Therefore the odds of not winning the spoon is (1-0.27) = 73% = Odds of finishing in the top 17.

For the record, GCS are short priced at $1.45 of winning the spoon ~ 68%

deaneus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sportsbet Odds.

Carlton for wooden spoon $3.75 which is ~ 27% chance of winning the spoon (least wins in 2019)

Therefore the odds of not winning the spoon is (1-0.27) = 73% = Odds of finishing in the top 17.

deaneus
Interestingly. That’s close to the percentage of spoons won by Carlton this millennium.

Spy hunter and defender of the crown..top top games

Defender of the Crown was fun

also

i have Dosbox installed on my computer, and Bard's Tale 2

If i could rename characters, i would change them all to Crows players for fun...

Sportsbet Odds.

deaneus

There's a small chance we could surprise a few but it's really hard to see based on our performance in 2018.

Well we were until you went ahead and jinxed all of those things

You mean they may reach the dizzying heights of 16th or 17th on the ladder this year?

17th is still sweet. Means they are runners up to the spoon, yet another Blue achievement. Top 2 pick heading our way. Thanks Blues.

Our major risk is that Talia will be underdone come round 1 and word was that Harto not progressing as expected from his knee(s?). Keath has been a bit injury prone himself and we’re down to him and Otto, otherwise we’ll be blooding youth out of position back there. Right now that’s the only thing stopping me from declaring us a near certainty for top 4. Getting Saunders means we minimise the risk of dialing back our workloads too much, so fitness/injury issues should be resolved. I think the players have moved on from the coaches blaming them for losing the GF courtesy of mental weakness. Crouch and Smith back, plus Milera and Gooch going up levels. Tex, Betts, Sloane and Sauce can’t give us any less than they did last year plus a much easier draw. If nothing else had changed, the draw alone gets us back into the 8. It’s just the KPD issue that needs to progress in the right direction as we head towards round 1.

Our major risk is that Talia will be underdone come round 1 and word was that Harto not progressing as expected from his knee(s?). Keath has been a bit injury prone himself and we’re down to him and Otto, otherwise we’ll be blooding youth out of position back there. Right now that’s the only thing stopping me from declaring us a near certainty for top 4. Getting Saunders means we minimise the risk of dialing back our workloads too much, so fitness/injury issues should be resolved. I think the players have moved on from the coaches blaming them for losing the GF courtesy of mental weakness. Crouch and Smith back, plus Milera and Gooch going up levels. Tex, Betts, Sloane and Sauce can’t give us any less than they did last year plus a much easier draw. If nothing else had changed, the draw alone gets us back into the 8. It’s just the KPD issue that needs to progress in the right direction as we head towards round 1.
Round one against Hawthorn could be handy given their lack of real KPFs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There's a small chance we could surprise a few but it's really hard to see based on our performance in 2018.

I will be surprised if the bottom 3 isn't Carlton, Saints and Gold Coast. There's no finishing order that would surprise me, but I would be surprised if any of those 3 improved and/or another side went backwards far enough for any of those 3 to climb above them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back