The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosha me old buddy, thought you were a jolly come lately Chelsea fan from 2018 haha
Nah came well before that in 2016 ;)
Welcome back mate. Are you sticking around or just dropping by to call out some Chavs?

Nah came well before that in 2016 ;)
Welcome back mate. Are you sticking around or just dropping by to call out some Chavs?
Cheers. No idea, depends how busy i get with work and life really. Last year was stupid busy but this year looks easier so far.

So Chelsea fans aren’t allowed to openly condemn homophobic behaviour because guy on internet says our “matchgoing fans” are racist? Alrighty then.

Stamford Bridge is no longer the sole preserve for the working class. Our club has suffered/benefitted (depends which way you look at it) from football tourism. Our proximity to the West End, admission prices, season ticket hikes and the cost of living have alienated our regular supporter base. The last time I went to Stamford Bridge, I paid extortionate ticket prices and the stadium was rife with corporates/business associates and affluent foreigners. The old spirited terraces that previously held our hooligans were non-existent, as was any noise from the Shed End and the Matthew Harding Stand. Anyone who has witnessed Stamford Bridge pre and post takeover will tell you that our traditional matchgoing supporter base is dead, but this is a familiar circumstance for the top tier English clubs. What people fail to realise is that Chelsea is now a global brand forming part of a global product and our attendances and supporter base is largely reflective of this. Gone are the days of a dilapidated and rocking Stamford Bridge, filled with working class exuberance. It has been like this for years and has been highly documented, so when people suggest our home fans are what they were in the 90s, the only thing you can do is laugh at their utter naivety. Chelsea has been in transition since the takeover and a small minority of xenophobic fans that have mostly been weeded out by high admission prices doesn’t change the fact that our club has undergone significant changes - both on and off the pitch.
Sorry Gosha but checkmate. Old Chelsea = racist, homophobic Daily Mail reading scum. New Chelsea = soulless, corporate tourist attraction. You are toast my old mucker

Sorry Gosha but checkmate. Old Chelsea = racist, homophobic Daily Mail reading scum. New Chelsea = soulless, corporate tourist attraction. You are toast my old mucker
When you sign great players and win a lot of trophies, demand for tickets increase. Basic economics will also tell you that a greater demand for seats results in a higher admission price, which means it’s less accessible for the traditional fan. That’s how it is for a lot of elite clubs in England unfortunately. They lose their identity. Fortunately for us we lose some scummy supporters, but it doesn’t change the fact our stadium on gameday is filled with tourists and suits. So I’m not denying it brother, but it’s not something that I’m overly concerned with. Maybe it’s because I follow my team on the other side of the world, so atmosphere at games has little impact on my enjoyment for the sport.

When you sign great players and win a lot of trophies, demand for tickets increase. Basic economics will also tell you that a greater demand for seats results in a higher admission price, which means it’s less accessible for the traditional fan. That’s how it is for a lot of elite clubs in England unfortunately. They lose their identity. Fortunately for us we lose some scummy supporters, but it doesn’t change the fact our stadium on gameday is filled with tourists and suits. So I’m not denying it brother, but it’s not something that I’m overly concerned with. Maybe it’s because I follow my team on the other side of the world, so atmosphere at games has little impact on my enjoyment for the sport.
Arsenal and Liverpool have kept their identity more intact than you have, I’d add United to that list also.

Agreed though it doesn’t affect you over there in Aus, but I have worked and known Chelsea fans who no longer recognise the club and are disillusioned with it. These were just normal fans and weren’t part of the Chelsea hooligans of the past, which despite our mocking, were only a small percentage of the fanbase

I’m getting fed up with all this now. There’s so much division around at the moment in this country. I’m changing my ways also, can’t be arsed with digging out City and Chelsea for the way they are run or Liverpool for the lack of class with their fans. It is what it is, I’m just focussing on the positives of my club rather than trying to bring down others.

I’m getting fed up with all this now. There’s so much division around at the moment in this country. I’m changing my ways also, can’t be arsed with digging out City and Chelsea for the way they are run or Liverpool for the lack of class with their fans. It is what it is, I’m just focussing on the positives of my club rather than trying to bring down others.
Good mentality.

This is my most improved poster right here for a reason. I'm proud of you.

This is my most improved poster right here for a reason. I'm proud of you.
Banter is good and everything and keeps the board alive but sometimes you have to take a step back and realise it’s turned into something different. That’s just my own take, don’t expect everyone to agree and I’m happy to be called soft for this stance if be. I’m just a bit drained from all the bickering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WR is misunderstood and this board is going to be worse off if he changes his tone. I know a lot of the digs he makes at my club are often out of spite, but he makes some great points from time to time and is a quality poster. Some people are just too precious about their clubs and therefore can’t handle WR’s uncompromisingly forthright demeanour.

WR is misunderstood and this board is going to be worse off if he changes his tone. I know a lot of the digs he makes at my club are often out of spite, but he makes some great points from time to time and is a quality poster. Some people are just too precious about their clubs and therefore can’t handle WR’s uncompromisingly forthright demeanour.
I’m definitely slightly misunderstood. I’m comfortably the boards prized asset. Like I tell everyone before they walk out on me, you’ll miss me when I’m gone.

I doubt my attempted change of tone will last long. I’m too emotional, even when heavily sedated. My brain must be wired like a womans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back