Analysis Reasons to be Cheerful (2019) - Part One.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I’d back Parker/Young in to hit the ground running doesn’t seem like playing with the bigger boys would phase them much.
I'm sure they're both very willing but the pace of the game will take time for them to pick up. Though last year we put Paton, Hunter and even Armo in there, so l suppose it couldn't be any worse.

Yeah I remember when SS used to good and I called this place Bogfooty. Hated BF. How funny that things change.

Great op drake. Read and enjoyed it thoroughly. And some great insight from some of the older saints and a little perspective of what it was like to follow a truly terrible team yet still be a raging fanatic. Kudos to those that survived the eighties. Tough tough years.

Frankly we’ve been spoilt. Five prelim appearances in seven years and two grand finals - yeah the last few years have been bad but nothing like what the 80’s were.

Now that you mention it, I've never seen Con nor VDS666 in the same room at the same time. Things that make you go hmmm.............

FWIW, I was a fan of Con as well. Didn't always agree with him, but he made things interesting. SS's loss is our gain.

FWIW, I was a fan of Con as well. Didn't always agree with him, but he made things interesting. SS's loss is our gain.
Agree! Just on the real Con Gorozides, he was quite the talented peacock himself. Shame he didnt go on with it!

But in all my years i have never seen a player lather himself in so much oil both before the game and at half time!
Was one shiny mofo. Reckon only Arnold Briedis rivalled him when it came to tanning himself into a Bronze god on the field whilst playing!

Agree! Just on the real Con Gorozides, he was quite the talented peacock himself. Shame he didnt go on with it!

But in all my years i have never seen a player lather himself in so much oil both before the game and at half time!
Was one shiny mofo. Reckon only Arnold Briedis rivalled him when it came to tanning himself into a Bronze god on the field whilst playing!

Was a great cricketer who could've gone far in that game, but chose to terrorize local teams in the CMCA, having resisted all overtures from district clubs. A great, if unfulfilled talent as a footballer. The archetypal "Coodabeen".

Last edited:
Everything doesn't go right.

We have half descent cover for most of the positions except.
Ruck: We hardly have a ruckman, let alone cover for one. Longer, Marshall.....no-one
Full Back. If Brown has something go wrong , Austin or Clavarino will struggle and/or Carlisle won't play his best position.

Everything doesn't go right.

We have half descent cover for most of the positions except.
Ruck: We hardly have a ruckman, let alone cover for one. Longer, Marshall.....no-one
Full Back. If Brown has something go wrong , Austin or Clavarino will struggle and/or Carlisle won't play his best position.

Lewis Pierce for ruck?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah i forgot we had another substandard ruck.

All of them make a pretty good backup ruck i suppose, we just don't have a decent main ruck.
Lol i remember when people on this board thought Ben McEvoy wasn't good enough.
Ruck is definitely the area of least strength. Full back is a position that can generally be covered pretty easily and we have options there, especially with Roberton back.

Obviously the club is hoping that our rucks improve. Not every club can have a Gawn or Grundy, and WC just won the flag with a couple of backup rucks.

Was he a St kilda city boy?

Was he a St kilda city boy?
Yeah. I think your right....Pretty sure he was!
seem to remember him kicking a s**t load of goals in the SFL possibly for Oakleigh or Murrumbeena, cant recall which one exactly

There was also a George Gorozides who kicked a ridiculous amount of goals in the same league i think!
Got them confused at times, so may be wrong as to which one played where.
But i'm prettty positive about Con and StKilda city down at the peanut farm!

Yeah. I think your right....Pretty sure he was!
seem to remember him kicking a s**t load of goals in the SFL possibly for Oakleigh or Murrumbeena, cant recall which one exactly

There was also a George Gorozides who kicked a ridiculous amount of goals in the same league i think!
Got them confused at times, so may be wrong as to which one played where.
But i'm prettty positive about Con and StKilda city down at the peanut farm!
Went to Elwood High and there was a kid called Con who was pretty good. Just wondering if it was him.

Went to Elwood High and there was a kid called Con who was pretty good. Just wondering if it was him.
As you know i went to Elwood high as well but do not remember any of the Gorozidies boys going there.
They did play junior cricket around the Bentleigh area

Remove this Banner Ad

Back