All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The difference between WCW then and WWE now is that WCW had great wrestling in addition to great storylines and feuds. They worked within the rating to make an exciting, must see product that was filled from top to bottom with something for everyone. They had the nWo vs. WCW angle in the main event and midcard divisions. They had other great midcard wrestlers putting on great matches every week. And they had the cruiserweights who put on fast-paced, high-flying matches every week. Nobody worried about blood, swearing, sex, etc. in WCW because WCW had never been about those things, and they never pretended to be. So, their product was considered to be new and edgy without all the stuff that most WWE fans clamor for today. Today's WWE, on the other hand, focuses almost exclusively on their main event scene. Wrestlers seem like cookie cutter versions of each other. Their are very few unique "superstars" or storylines. Everything seems rehashed and done before. On top of that, the matches generally aren't very good. Plus, WWE became known for having violence and swearing and the like, and now they are trying to maintain that same "attitude" but don't deliver on the adult themes fans were once used to. Overall, WCW was exciting, new, and cutting edge in the 90s, while today's WWE is boring, old, and unoriginal."

Written 9 years ago :huh: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100509074309AALYufp

To add the owner of the Jaguars dwarfs Vinces financial status.

So if he wants a crack he is more than capable.

Just needs the tv deal.

Will easily get the stars.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
TV deal is a Priority. Even if its a 1 hour time slot on a Wednesday night. Even if the tv channel that AEW goes to doesn't tv rights money for the 1st few years. They are starting from scratch. Once they make 5-10 million a year in TV money, then it will pick up.

The other major decision is if they tour the country or Stay in the Same Arena and build up from there. Where will they be based? Will they do whatImpact Wrestling does and have events at the Universal Studios in Orlando Florida? Or do what ECW did and what Currently did and tour 3-6 states such as Pennsylvania, New York and Florida and work in small arenas that hold 2-3,000 seats? Similar to the territory days.

Again, I don't expect them to fill up 10,000 seat arenas each week. I am sure there are a lot of arenas that hold around 1000-2000 seats. The 2300 arena (the old ECW arena), in Philadelphia. Holds around 1-1,500 seats. Hammerstein Ballroom in new york holds around 2,000-2,500 seats.

Even though WWE most important arena they use In New York is Madison Square Garden, WWE has been in other New York arenas that hold around 3-6,000 seats.

Will have no affect on WWE at all.
I don't think it would. its 2018. WWE makes most of its money on overseas tours, TV rights money on Raw and Smackdown and the WWE network.

This isn't 1996 where WCW could poach Guys like Scott Hall and Kevin Nash on $750,000 a year and WWE was heavily reliant on Pay Per View Buy rates and ticket sales.

Did anyone else just watch the "All Elite Rally"-- according to YouTube it had 60,000k viewers at it's peak to watch the announcements of Neville & Chris Jericho are both "All In".

I think they are both GREAT signings-- but I'm a tad concerned about the quality of the broadcast quality of AEW if the Rally is any indication-- they didn't mic up the crowd, there was a few moments of 'Dead air' that looked really amateurish and don't get me started on how 'cheap' it looked by doing in the car park outside of the Jaguars stadium rather than inside. What could've been an 'iconic' image for AEW with Chris Jericho staring into the camera following his announcement was ruined because it had trees in the background.

They've still got a few months to go until then though--- let's see what they put together for Double or Nothing in May.

Did anyone else just watch the "All Elite Rally"-- according to YouTube it had 60,000k viewers at it's peak to watch the announcements of Neville & Chris Jericho are both "All In".

I think they are both GREAT signings-- but I'm a tad concerned about the quality of the broadcast quality of AEW if the Rally is any indication-- they didn't mic up the crowd, there was a few moments of 'Dead air' that looked really amateurish and don't get me started on how 'cheap' it looked by doing in the car park outside of the Jaguars stadium rather than inside. What could've been an 'iconic' image for AEW with Chris Jericho staring into the camera following his announcement was ruined because it had trees in the background.

They've still got a few months to go until then though--- let's see what they put together for Double or Nothing in May.
To be fair is a live stream of something that was just a rally.

Some great signings, with more to come obviously.

MGM Grand is an interesting place for Double or Nothing.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Someone on reddit claiming info

Show will be on tuesdays for 60-90mins on tnt

Few names in nxt have asked for deals worried they will get s**t runs on the main roster

At least one main event wwe talent is interested in joining

A bunch of mid to low card guys want into aew not happy with there spots
Guys named Anderson/gallows/chad gable

Marty scrull will join aew and not his mrs in wwe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair is a live stream of something that was just a rally.

But if it’s just ‘a rally’, they should’ve held off the Chris Jericho announcement for another time.

Jericho is quite possibly the biggest name they will sign before Double or Nothing in regards to name value for ‘disenfranchised’ former wrestling fans.

If I wasn’t watching wrestling at the moment, I’d be interested in checking out Jericho signing to a new wrestling company. I’ve been a fan of Jericho for 20 years (since I started wrestling). But that rally doesn’t make it look like Jericho is joining a competitor of the WWE, but some Indy company who can’t afford professional tech or an actual venue.

It’s a wasted opportunity for AEW to announce Jericho in that fashion.

Apparently men and women will be paid the same in aew

And the first promotion to offer full health care

Jericho is in because he’s annoyed at vince for not letting him do everything he wanted like working nxt etc

Billy Gunn is the first producer

The conference was just a portion of the event and was never made out to be some production spectacle for people sitting at home on their phones and computer. Announcements were made and details were shed, that's all we needed - the rest of the event is for the Jacksonville people to enjoy.

Jericho was literally linked to a new promotion before anyone else was - why does he need some major announcement? That should be reserved for the talents generating discussion like Lucha Bros, Omega and whoever else ends up being signed before Double Or Nothing. That's how you keep momentum for the product between now and then.

Jericho is in because he’s annoyed at vince for not letting him do everything he wanted like working nxt etc

Kind of glad Jericho grew some balls against the walking corpse.

Well this is the real deal I suppose. It’ll be on TNT it looks like (wonder how that’ll work with NBA on tuesdays also on tnt)

I hope we can get easy access from Australia

Ive always heard and im pretty sure Jericho has said himself that he gets along really well with Vince, the amount of things Vince has let Jericho do while still being able to come back supports this.

Roster so far

Cody
- Matt Jackson
- Nick Jackson
- Adam Page
- Christopher Daniels
- Frankie Kazarian
- Scorpio Sky
- MJF
- Joey Janela
- PAC
- Chris Jericho
- CIMA
- T-Hawk
- El-Lindamen
- Takehiro Yamamura.
- Penelope Ford
- Britt Baker
- Brandi Rhodes

Ive always heard and im pretty sure Jericho has said himself that he gets along really well with Vince, the amount of things Vince has let Jericho do while still being able to come back supports this.
Yes usually he has but apparently things have changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back