Opinion 2019 Non Crows - Watts love got to do with it? #pick1herewecome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit I haven't read the Wanganeen article but this theme of going back after the event gives me the irrits - if I win lotto and plunder it on surf trips, failed businesses in Bali, high end Red wine etc that is up to me and I have no come back. In this day and age of technology we still have farmers going broke because they continue to farm in marginal farming lands - they have some exceptional years and are encouraged to put away hundreds of thousands {$400,000 per year} as a form of insurance some do the silly ones don't. People have businesses that go gang busters for a time but then fail some recover through hard work others don't. There are a number of players that have connections to my neck of the woods that earned crazy coin but now have nothing due to their reckless spending - should they be given compensation? No way - I can't ask my bank to forget the 10 person spa I whacked on my credit card after three bottles of shiraz. Players are rewarded incredibly as they have a relatively short window well they need to be responsible for what they do with that money and when they return to being "normal" well deal with that as well - maybe get a job.

Can someone explain to me Collingwood 2018? Im still totally confused as to how they made a GF. It goes against all the physics of football. There are a coulple of articles on afl.com.au which list the best forward line and defenses. Collingwood are not in the top 6 on either list, which i agree with.

Am I the only one that missed Rutten has moved from Tigers to Bombers as ‘key position’ coach?
News to me. Big win for the Bombers & loss for the Tigers.
I was going to say yes, but apparently not. Was one of the big coach moves in the off-season. Is one ex-Crow that would be great to get back on board rather than some of the incompetence we have gone with.

Can someone explain to me Collingwood 2018? Im still totally confused as to how they made a GF. It goes against all the physics of football. There are a coulple of articles on afl.com.au which list the best forward line and defenses. Collingwood are not in the top 6 on either list, which i agree with.
I reckon they are us in 2012 but being a Vic club helped them go 1 step further.

I think this year will be tough for them. Grundy will get tagged most of the year like West Coast did to him.

Their midfield is very very good

Grundy
Pendlebury
Sidebottom
Treloar
Adams
De Goey at times
Philips on the wing

Their midfield is very very good

Grundy
Pendlebury
Sidebottom
Treloar
Adams
De Goey at times
Philips on the wing
This helps, but the main reason the Pies improved was they brought in a decent assistant coach who understands strategy - particularly structures, which were hopeless previously under Bucks.

Excellent midfield and ruckman so they can control the centre and play to their strength, they have a good spread of goal kickers so they didn't rely on 1-2 main forwards to kick most of their goals making them hard to shut them all down. Defence was undermanned with season ending injuries but they weren't the competition best defenders so it didn't affect them that much, however, their midfield do push back hard to help them out and spread hard the other way with the game plan they play.

Just had a look and it looks like Gibbs gamble has been posting consistently over a month.

Therefore I take back what I said.

Rucci must be taking the time to post in Italy.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
Its "little graham" from a couple of years ago.

At Port Adelaide, Michael Voss has moved into Nicks' vacated senior assistant post as 2004 premiership players Jarrad Schofield (midfield) and Brett Montgomery (defence) return.
Montgomery, who had two years out of the AFL system after a relationship breakdown with Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge, has stood out with his diligence and level of detail.

Anyone remember hearing what the Montgomery/Beveridge dispute was about?

I know he wasn’t being offered an extension and walked out on the eve of the finals.

I admit I haven't read the Wanganeen article but this theme of going back after the event gives me the irrits - if I win lotto and plunder it on surf trips, failed businesses in Bali, high end Red wine etc that is up to me and I have no come back. In this day and age of technology we still have farmers going broke because they continue to farm in marginal farming lands - they have some exceptional years and are encouraged to put away hundreds of thousands {$400,000 per year} as a form of insurance some do the silly ones don't. People have businesses that go gang busters for a time but then fail some recover through hard work others don't. There are a number of players that have connections to my neck of the woods that earned crazy coin but now have nothing due to their reckless spending - should they be given compensation? No way - I can't ask my bank to forget the 10 person spa I whacked on my credit card after three bottles of shiraz. Players are rewarded incredibly as they have a relatively short window well they need to be responsible for what they do with that money and when they return to being "normal" well deal with that as well - maybe get a job.

He’s not asking for anything for himself, he’s talking about an Aboriginal PA to assist in avoiding the pitfalls you mention plus the very large pressure from family members. He used his experience to support the rationale behind the group they’ve formed.

This helps, but the main reason the Pies improved was they brought in a decent assistant coach who understands strategy - particularly structures, which were hopeless previously under Bucks.
If you are saying they would already have been a very good team because of that midfield - except for bad coaching prior to 2018 - then I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are saying they would already have been a very good team because of that midfield - except for bad coaching prior to 2018 - then I agree.
Yes, the biggest change was Longmuir actually put in decent defensive structures over their whole ground, so the opposition couldn't just cut through them with ease. 2018 setups chalk & cheese compared to previous Buckley years.

Yes, the biggest change was Longmuir actually put in decent defensive structures over their whole ground, so the opposition couldn't just cut through them with ease. 2018 setups chalk & cheese compared to previous Buckley years.

that is true but still has the look of Collingwood relying on a easy draw until proven wrong.

3W-9L against top 8
14W-0L against Bottom 10

Just had a look and it looks like Gibbs gamble has been posting consistently over a month.

Therefore I take back what I said.

Rucci must be taking the time to post in Italy.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

I’ve heard that bilingual people think in the language they speak. (If fluent)..
I wonder if Rooch would be a better person if he just stuck with the Italian?
We could chose to translate his scribbling or leave unreadable. Win win.

that is true but still has the look of Collingwood relying on a easy draw until proven wrong.

3W-9L against top 8
14W-0L against Bottom 10
Having said that they beat Richmond and Giants in the finals, pushed WC in WA and were one kick from winning the GF.

Some of those losses against the top 8 teams were early in the season and they improved as the season went on. Plus they had injuries all throughout the year, they are a quality side as they will show in 19.

They'd be close to #1 midfield & ruck though, and have 18-19 games at the MCG. Not that that is an advantage :rolleyes:

They beat one top eight side to make top four. They didnt improve. They had fewer interstate games than anyone and over a dozen at the g.

What they did do was prove Richmond were undeserving premiers.

They got 1 goal away from a flag because of where the grand final was played and the softest of draws. If you look in the last quarter when West coast were on thier knees physically, caringbush were lazy undisiplined and had no structure.

They beat one top eight side to make top four. They didnt improve. They had fewer interstate games than anyone and over a dozen at the g.

What they did do was prove Richmond were undeserving premiers.

They got 1 goal away from a flag because of where the grand final was played and the softest of draws. If you look in the last quarter when West coast were on thier knees physically, caringbush were lazy undisiplined and had no structure.
Collingwood were the best side we played all year, completely smashed us at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back