In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

Log into the member website and look at the invoice for your membership renewal. Mine had a $0 item with a waitlist number. (Currently 6487)

There's no number. Must be because it's my 1st season?
Probably. My current membership has been since 2015, so to be blunt I wouldn't even bother finding out what yours is for the next 4-5 years.

$70 for a pin, lanyard, cheap bag and a spot on the wait list is pretty crummy.

I get my 10year membership bronze pin next year, hopefully my 3x seats will come with it.

Maybe you aren't on the list either

They haven't released wait list numbers if that's what number you're referring to. They're still moving ITW members in to recently available seats. Might be around May until updated wait list numbers are given out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only after seated members get their pick.
I never missed a home final due to being an ITW member. The stadium is not fully sold to members when you take into account the public reserve etc, so you will always be able to get finals seats if you're organised.

I'm an 11 year member this year and got my seated membership last year, so you must be pretty close to the front of the queue.

I think that it's a joke they get priority access. They should just be with all the other plebs as priority 2.
I disagree, especially now that all Cat A is priority one . It's fair that they get priority 1 too. On the bright side- a Vic address isn't needed to purchase one :)

Coming from a long time seated member, but legit the whinging about what you get for an In The Wings member is pretty pathetic. What do you want? You're in the line waiting. They can't go much faster than someone deciding not to be a member anymore.

I'm not fussed about the wait time, it is what it is, members don't leave successful clubs obviously.

But FFS give me a beanie or scarf rather than the same s**t magnet, sticker and pen combo for the last 10 years.

One piece of merch I can actually wear means more to me than the collection of pens and magnets I've got.

It is literally the EXACT same thing every season with a new year on it. For 70 bucks

I'm not fussed about the wait time, it is what it is, members don't leave successful clubs obviously.

But FFS give me a beanie or scarf rather than the same s**t magnet, sticker and pen combo for the last 10 years.

One piece of merch I can actually wear means more to me than the collection of pens and magnets I've got.

It is literally the EXACT same thing every season with a new year on it. For 70 bucks

As the cheapest category of seated member, I got a cap last year and a scarf this year. You're getting ripped off.

And therein lies the problem. It’s a loophole
It’s not . It would be unfair if a vic address was needed to purchase one .
As it stands - sure , buying one is pricy but it remains the cheapest way to secure a guaranteed GF ticket (in that it’s cheaper than a package ), and also represents great value for those who live in Melbourne . If I was a Vic fan I’d jump onto it in a heartbeat . Instead (as ex ITW Plus and now plain old ITW) I just get an interstate or Vic gold membership for the finals access . It works out similar to or cheaper than buying tickets to the matches I travel for anyway .

As it stands - sure , buying one is pricy but it remains the cheapest way to secure a guaranteed GF ticket (in that it’s cheaper than a package ), and also represents great value for those who live in Melbourne . If I was a Vic fan I’d jump onto it in a heartbeat . Instead (as ex ITW Plus and now plain old ITW) I just get an interstate or Vic gold membership for the finals access . It works out similar to or cheaper than buying tickets to the matches I travel for anyway .
That Vic platinum is ridiculously good value if you live in Melbourne. It's also much cheaper than paying $1k for the cheapest GF package which gives you a seat with a face value under $200.

Vic platinum includes games that aren’t west coast games. So why are they considered ahead of the general cohort who go each week at Optus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back