Analysis Lynch the final piece in Tigers’ new premiership puzzle

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone else hate the phrase "the last piece of the premiership puzzle?" It's riddled with inherent hubris. It reminds me of Port after landing Ryder in 2014 or Essendon after getting Sheil this year.

but richmond won the flag, finished first the following year... all the while looking one big bloke short of a complete team

Why is it that i feel that we are 1 beast inside midfielder short of where i want us to be, Why the Farq did francis Jackson have to select Ben Lemon instead of patrick Cripps

I don’t blame him for that one. Cripps was rated much lower by most, it took a very outside thinker in Rogers to grab him that early. It was almost literally the only pick the guy got right. Classic case of the broken clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone else hate the phrase "the last piece of the premiership puzzle?" It's riddled with inherent hubris. It reminds me of Port after landing Ryder in 2014 or Essendon after getting Sheil this year.
Yes, how can it be the last piece when we have already won the title.

Not a fan either, Ablett was meant to be the final piece for the Cats this time last yr as well....

I agree that our midfield and ruck does need improvement to contend against the best stoppage teams in the league. I would like to see us experiment with more time in the middle going to Higgins and Rioli firstly, then Menadue, Naish and Baker and our newest midfielders given time once they have earned it. Balta certainly should be given time and Garthwaite if injury strikes our backline )(touchwood!)

I would also like to see Coleman-Jones get more time at VFL level. If he can step up here without ausing injury, then his inclusion in subsequent years will take us higher yet again. It all depends on his ground work and desire for the contest. He needs this first regardless of his marking or tap work. I have high hopes for him and Balta moving forward.

I don’t blame him for that one. Cripps was rated much lower by most, it took a very outside thinker in Rogers to grab him that early. It was almost literally the only pick the guy got right. Classic case of the broken clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And we could say he he got Rance,Cotch, Dusty and Jack right.

if reckon had won the flag i doubt the afl would have 'allowed' the tigers to recruit Lynch - similar to the Tony Locket trade that didnt happen

i think some people will be surprised how good he is - he is a Richo type
If he can stay on the park and once he gels, he will be talked about again as the best KPF in the game. People's memories are so short when it comes to footballers, especially the interstate ones

Interesting perspective.

Caddy, Lambert, Broad, BEllis, Prestia, Townsend, Mcintosh, Nankervis, Vlastuin, Butler Castagna, Rioli & Graham

all have a lot of improvement left in them and are premiership players; not only is Lynch good at football he also feels a big need. With a few tweaks in the side the game plan and some good luck Im confident more flags can be won, its not too late imo
Of those players you list. I wouldn’t have thought they had much improvement in them. Most of them are playing well. What we need is to see if they are capable of playing different roles. Butler, Castagna and Rioli need to be 1) playing together & 2) rotating through the middle more. I think we’ve seen Prestia at his best. That needs to be translated into a full season, injury free. Ellis and Townsend probably aren’t part of the future. It would be great to see a fit Graham. He is crucial. I can’t really see much improvement from Caddy, Vlas or Nank. I’m more than happy with their work. Kmac needs to find the ball a lot more. He is easily replaced.

Of those players you list. I wouldn’t have thought they had much improvement in them. Most of them are playing well. What we need is to see if they are capable of playing different roles. Butler, Castagna and Rioli need to be 1) playing together & 2) rotating through the middle more. I think we’ve seen Prestia at his best. That needs to be translated into a full season, injury free. Ellis and Townsend probably aren’t part of the future. It would be great to see a fit Graham. He is crucial. I can’t really see much improvement from Caddy, Vlas or Nank. I’m more than happy with their work. Kmac needs to find the ball a lot more. He is easily replaced.

20: Graham
21: Rioli
22: Butler, George,
24: Nankervis, Vlastuin, Mcintosh

the youngest four of that lot should have a fair bit of improvement left in them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back