2018 Formula One Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe that they already had this name from mid season

Lewis Hamilton got out for a ride at Jerez with the Yamaha World Superbike boys - and binned it.

He did receive encouragement from Marc Marquez though.

Life goal: Drink with Kimi
cmn4egbaya421.png

Didn't feel that this was worthy of bumping the Schumacher thread, but a few websites are running with an article that Michael Schumacher is no longer bed ridden and will possibly be moved to a clinic in Texas to continue recovery/rehab.

As usual no real sources or concrete info and The Daily Mail published the original article with only websites like Ladbible running it etc.......so not sure how legitimate it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh I can't see them building something from scratch that is automatically up there with what Mercedes and Ferrari have been working on for the last 5 years.
It isn't like they are starting fresh like a honda of a couple of years ago, they already have all the parts they just needed to find a new home to put them in.

Don't expect them to match the big 2 engines but you would expect them to be back ahead of honda comfortably with the confidence they are showing.

It isn't like they are starting fresh like a honda of a couple of years ago, they already have all the parts they just needed to find a new home to put them in.

Don't expect them to match the big 2 engines but you would expect them to be back ahead of honda comfortably with the confidence they are showing.
I guess it depends on how "new" this engine is. If its just a re-positioning of existing parts then you are correct. If its a total clean slate type rebuild (where details of the previous engine are soo different they become irrelevant) then they are in a Honda position.

Testing should be interesting next year.

Didn't feel that this was worthy of bumping the Schumacher thread, but a few websites are running with an article that Michael Schumacher is no longer bed ridden and will possibly be moved to a clinic in Texas to continue recovery/rehab.

As usual no real sources or concrete info and The Daily Mail published the original article with only websites like Ladbible running it etc.......so not sure how legitimate it is.
What i find amazing is how they have been able to keep his actual condition under wraps. Usually things have a way of getting out, but no one other than the family seem to have any clue what his condition is.

What i find amazing is how they have been able to keep his actual condition under wraps. Usually things have a way of getting out, but no one other than the family seem to have any clue what his condition is.

Yeah.

I did read an interview with Ross Brawn a few days ago and he was asked about Schumachers situation as he is one of the few non-family members to have regular visits, and he was pretty tight lipped to respect their privacy.

It’s fantastic from the family point of view.

Yeah, just goes to show the amount of respect they have for Schumacher and his family to not leak any info to the media, even when pressed like here

https://autoweek.com/article/formul...nds-defend-oath-secrecy-taken-over-his-health

Those closest to Schumacher, including his friend and former Ferrari boss Jean Todt, continue to support that stance.

When asked by La Gazzetta dello Sport to reveal whether Schumacher is cognitively able to follow a Formula 1 race, the Frenchman replied, "It's here, I stop."

As far as "new" news on Schumacher, this is all that has surfaced from Brawn.

https://www.wheels24.co.za/FormulaO...ions-to-michael-schumachers-injuries-20190107

"We're all optimistic about finding solutions in the future and there will be a time when things move forward for Michael," he told BBC 5 Live.

Yeah, just goes to show the amount of respect they have for Schumacher and his family to not leak any info to the media, even when pressed like here

https://autoweek.com/article/formul...nds-defend-oath-secrecy-taken-over-his-health

As far as "new" news on Schumacher, this is all that has surfaced from Brawn.

https://www.wheels24.co.za/FormulaO...ions-to-michael-schumachers-injuries-20190107

Hopefully the media give Mick Schumacher the respect by not asking him at every opportunity once he graduates to F1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back