Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I like jim, and thought ill listen to his interview on cricket unlimited podcast. It was all about sydney sydney sydney, easts cricket club, sydney, nsw, sydney, nsw blues. the hosts are also from sydney and there was no shortage of nsw and sydney bias there either.

ABC was good when stacky, lane, KOK, mitchell. Enjoyed it. Perhaps it was because it was the only station that broadcast cricket then. But it was synonymous with summer. I recall fondly the radio punctuating the air as we were playing backyard cricket with indians, sri lankans, chinese, vietnamese and a south african.
Exactly it was all NSW , turned me straight over as soon as I could.

SEN's NFL coverage is awful. Listened this morning as I could not watch the game. I think I heard them claim every play covered, what a load of crap.

In the final 6 minutes of the game - they missed an entire possession (it was 3 and out) from Chicago through commercials and the voice over guy giving a bland overview of Chicago's playoff history?? Just take the feed of the game that is being played, it was a close game in the stretch!

I like jim, and thought ill listen to his interview on cricket unlimited podcast. It was all about sydney sydney sydney, easts cricket club, sydney, nsw, sydney, nsw blues. the hosts are also from sydney and there was no shortage of nsw and sydney bias there either.

ABC was good when stacky, lane, KOK, mitchell. Enjoyed it. Perhaps it was because it was the only station that broadcast cricket then. But it was synonymous with summer. I recall fondly the radio punctuating the air as we were playing backyard cricket with indians, sri lankans, chinese, vietnamese and a south african.
that would've been a heck of a game!

Jim Maxwell seemed a bit of a defender of the late Peter Roebuck.
That was a very murky business.

Disgusting what transpired.

Exactly it was all NSW , turned me straight over as soon as I could.

I was referring to the podcast. But i also understand that maxwell especially during the sydney test is all nsw/sydney. even worse when lawson joins him. generally sports media in australia is so sydney centric it's numbing. foxsports basketball, nrl (obviously) and footy all sydney sydney sydney.

that would've been a heck of a game!

It was the united nations of backyard cricket (well street cricket)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did they talk about their s**t weather? :p :D Someone joked on Macquarie that Sydney should lose their Test because, compared to our other cities, they've lost many more full days to rain. I can't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like 24 days for Sydney, less than half of that for Melbourne, 8 or 9 for Brisbane, I think 2 for Perth and none for Adelaide. Mmmm, trivia

Last edited:
Did they talk about their s**t weather? :p :D Someone joked on Macquarie that Sydney should lose their Test because, compared to our other cities, they've had many more full days lost to rain. I can't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like 24 days for Sydney, less than half of that for Melbourne, 8 or 9 for Brisbane, I think 2 for Perth and none for Adelaide. Mmmm, trivia

im sure they'd gloss over that! lol!

i dont mind MSR when they have two hosts, one melb one syd cause they bounce off each other with afl - nrl stuff. I think they dumb it down when explaining aspects of each code to each other which only helps educate the masses. but when its two sydney people its insufferable. I imagine they'd be unimpressed if it were 2 Vics.

unfortunately media is nsw controlled which means any multi state or national sports news service focusses on nrl first, then sydney swans, then all other sydney teams

For us older folk, Jim Maxwell is the sound of summer. He is getting old and will have to be moved on soon but i have enjoyed his calling over the years.

Maxwell makes play by play sound so easy, very natural and always mentions position the ball has been played to.

Who were the two guys on morning today? One said how he’s a Wolves fan, the other guy asks if the Den is their home ground (it’s Millwall’s) and the Wolves fan says he’s not sure. Must be a huge fan!

Fair enough they don’t know but has either of them or their producer got quick access to google? Went on long enough to ask next guest. Amateurs

Who were the two guys on morning today? One said how he’s a Wolves fan, the other guy asks if the Den is their home ground (it’s Millwall’s) and the Wolves fan says he’s not sure. Must be a huge fan!

Fair enough they don’t know but has either of them or their producer got quick access to google? Went on long enough to ask next guest. Amateurs
Nigel Carmody and Nick Dal Santo

He just kept going on about it , surely there is someone better . This is the time ROCO should have been on !

i think to be fair....wait is sen broadcast into WA (through digital radio)? Lets say it is, one could say he's batting for WA to a WA audience. Similarly when watson/lyon etc are on its vic centric.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back