Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the African thugs Muslims , i didn't look into it that deeply and i sure didn't mention it.
My kids and their friends would probably crawl into a ball and become victims if they came across anyone like the people we are discussing.
Yes there are s**t people here. My point is why bring even SHITTER people in. Surely there are more deserving people in Africa, Fiji, Afganistan....anywhere.

If we throw them out and bring in others to replace them i'm fine with that.

Otherwise we bring them in and throw them in jail ( with the s**t Aussies ) . Which outcome is good? Bring them in and sending them back? Bringing them in and jailing them for public safety.
Why would we choose either option?
You show me a foolproof way to vet migrants and I'm all ears.

Let's face it, you hate the Sudanese. Just admit it and move on.

My old man was an 80 year old diabetic.

He was juiced up on kava(?) by a Fijian woman half his age. Made to write and sign a hand written will and then he was dead Two months later.

And the was a Nurse FFS.

Do I hate Fijians, no. Point is how do you determine who should come and who doesn't exactly.

The vast majority of uneducated, illiterate migrants from all walks of life have built great lives and made a contribution.

And to say you weren't intimidated by Vietnamese doesn't mean gangs didn't exist...

Anyway, I said last time I won't waste time arguingvwith ignorance. I'll take my own advice again. I'm done.

Last edited:
the problem is often the welcome mat is never extended ....
i mean obviously abiding by the laws is a given but there are lots we can do to make the people feel more welcome ... im a first generation Australian so my parents came here and i was born here later, after settling in this country my Grand Father made it a mission of his to help people from the old country feel more welcome when they got here as it can be really tough when you first arrive he helped countless familys who came here to find their feet and from that they became members of the community .. i dont think we have that now days especially with the people who have come with trauma from their country of origin i think we are more judgmental now days towards new people and we dont really take the time to be welcoming ... i mean take my father his first months in this country his work mates took him to a Saints game at Moorabbin to introduce him to football , he wasnt especially close to them but they took the time to invite him along... i dont know if that happens much anymore
No it doesn't. The older gen are even worse TBH. Italians, Greeks you name it.

How much interacial mixing do you see from the old folks?

Unfortunately when you have a narrative where people are led to believe that migrants are crims or take your job, then you will always have a level of distrust.

It's slowly getting better as more kids grow up together so it's a generational thing.

The problem we have is that governments of all persuasion have relied on immigration to keep the economy and housing sector expanding.

What we see is going people without opportunity turning to crime or drugs.

There are many in the Sudanese community working bloody hard to help but they dont attract the same hysterical media attention.

If you want the economic benefits that come with migration then you have to make sure you have the social infrastructure in place.

About 6-7 million years ago the East African Rift Valley continued to split, causing the east part of the separation to dry out & deterioration of rain forests. Chimpanzees in the east were a dominant tree species like all chimpanzees, however due to the dryer climate, & their habit dying off, were forced on to the ground. Evolution then dictate they cope with their new forced habitat & evolve to the bipedal Australopithecines. Over the next few million years after that, Australopithecines evolved to what we “all” are now; Homo sapiens.

History reflects that “we”, being all Homo sapiens, have been cruel to one another but (mostly) “evolved” to not be so cruel. There are victims across all continents & not one “tribe” is not guilty of many atrocities that were acceptable in another era. Like I said, “we” have evolved. This does not make past atrocities acceptable. It is all part of human evolution.

Indigenous Australians, European’s, Arabs, Asians, etc, we are all ancestors from that rather small (in the scheme of things) “tribe” of chimpanzees that were forced out of the trees on to the savanna, evolved to become bipedal due to new surroundings & become what we “all” are now.

All these religious/cultural wars that continue on is so tribal, small minded & so embarrassingly outdated. We’ll be intergalactic species before not to long. Not in our life time but not soon after for some of us.
Where does the evolution of the Chomagnon man fit in with timeline?

Fiji was actually represented in the process leading into establishing a federalist Australian system, but we opted out of joining (along with NZ). Sometimes I am honestly not sure whether we lost the lotto ticket, or dodged a bullet there.

Thank the gods the British had learnt many lessons surrounding successful colonization prior to setting their eyes on little old Vanua Viti. Even then my father grew up needing a license to enter a bar.
What a fecking Union team we would have had though

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I suggest you all listen to Josh Clarke's, End of the World 10 part podcast.

You will be surprised the existential threats to our species, not just from random rocks impacting, but to intelligent life, beserker probes, and the immediate threat of ultra intelligent AI.

Thought provoking stuff

I remember the St.Kilda police annex, which was set up in the 80's, purely to clean up street crime, prostitution and drug dealing. It was independent of the station in Chapel Street and was staffed mainly by eager young beavers like yours truly. Former Chief Commissioner Neil Comrie, then an up and coming inspector, was in charge. He ran a tight ship. It was a little like Rudi Guiliani's "zero tolerance" to crime initiative in New York.

It worked very well and some even suggested it moved the centre of drugs and prostitution out into the western suburbs. St.Kikda became a much safer and pleasant place as a result. Of course there was still no shortage of scallywags around the Fitzroy, Acland and Grey Street precinct, but it was a forerunner to the gentrification of that looney suburb.

One of the reasons they chose greenhorn coppers is that we hadn't been tainted. I knew several coppers who were up to their eyeballs in controlling the drug and prostitution industries. For many years in the 70's and 80's you couldn't do "business" in St.Kilda without the impramatur of certain uniform and plain clothes crooks.
I remember the annex and it worked well, I could never understand why it was closed.

When we had half the people we had a police station in Elwood, elsternwick and Brighton, now there’re all gone. As a kid I can remember the local cops walking the beat, you new their names and people said hello and had a chat.

I never see the police now unless their attending some incident, I wonder which approach worked best. Imo the government and the police command have sold the public and your average cop out badly.

I suggest you all listen to Josh Clarke's, End of the World 10 part podcast.

You will be surprised the existential threats to our species, not just from random rocks impacting, but to intelligent life, beserker probes, and the immediate threat of ultra intelligent AI.

Thought provoking stuff

The technological advancements we are making is scary & could be the downfall of our entire species. AI as a threat makes nuclear weapons seem like a water pistol.

Leading on from that, most of us are cyborgs & we don’t even know it. Our phones are an extension of us meaning we are part human, part machine. All knowledge is at the touch of our fingertips. The next advancement will be accessing that information & knowledge via our consciousness instead of at the touch of a button. Once that happens we will all be super human beings thus making us all extremely dangerous!

Moving on from that, there are already theories around immortality becoming real if we learn to transfer our consciousness from our biological body into a technological skin. Whether that be into another skin that represents a human body or maybe we just upload ourselves into a computer & live in a simulated reality! Or maybe we already live in a simulated reality & are a school science experiment by an advanced alien race! :drunk:

The technological advancements we are making is scary & could be the downfall of our entire species. AI as a threat makes nuclear weapons seem like a water pistol.

Leading on from that, most of us are cyborgs & we don’t even know it. Our phones are an extension of us meaning we are part human, part machine. All knowledge is at the touch of our fingertips. The next advancement will be accessing that information & knowledge via our consciousness instead of at the touch of a button. Once that happens we will all be super human beings thus making us all extremely dangerous!

Moving on from that, there are already theories around immortality becoming real if we learn to transfer our consciousness from our biological body into a technological skin. Whether that be into another skin that represents a human body or maybe we just upload ourselves into a computer & live in a simulated reality! Or maybe we already live in a simulated reality & are a school science experiment by an advanced alien race! :drunk:

tenor-23.gif

;)

:moustache:

We are taking criminal thugs from warzones and throwing them in amongst people who have never even been in a drunken brawl.

Kids are pretty well brought up in Australia in general at the moment. Certainly less exposure to violence, discrimination and so forth than when i went to school.
So lets fix our good work by bringing in some 7 foot thugs to monster them.
IF NO_ONE steals my car it certainly isn't an issue.

LEts bring in some terrorists StTrav Some Axe murderers.
Maybe the USA would like to empty their prisons here, we can bring them to live next to our primary schools.
Do you really not get it?

No it doesn't matter where they are from, but why bring in other countries problems and make them ours?
i dont think i ever said bring in other countrys criminals ... the fact is there is no stamp on peoples foreheads to tell if they are going to be a criminal or not when they arrive here ... we accept people on the hope they will become solid members of the community most of the time they do some times they dont .. the whole deport them if they dont is what i dont understand ... why should the punishment be worse for a person not born here than that of a person born here ?? crime isnt a imigrant thing , if we stopped the intake we would still have crime

Well it is even more critical than that ad he explains AI may have no concept of what is good for us and may see us as just an obstacle to their programmed goals.
A god of our own making we can't control will inevitably lead to our species demise.

Anyway on to episode 5 which deals with pathogens. We will be lucky to last the century let alone having some super intelligent AI breaking down and reconfiguring our atoms for use in their algorithm goal.

I think you will love this podcast bro. Give it a listen to. You seem across the philosophical issues of AI super intelligence.

He was juiced up on kava(?) by a Fijian woman half his age. Made to write and sign a hand written will and then he was dead Two months later.

And the was a Nurse FFS.

Do I hate Fijians, no. Point is how do you determine who should come and who doesn't exactly.

The vast majority of uneducated, illiterate migrants from all walks of life have built great lives and made a contribution.

And to say you weren't intimidated by Vietnamese doesn't mean gangs didn't exist...

Anyway, I said last time I won't waste time arguingvwith ignorance. I'll take my own advice again. I'm done.
i think the same thing .... from the posts made "So lets fix our good work by bringing in some 7 foot thugs to monster them." shows the real issue here ... fear.... unfortunatly if you have a big tall very dark skinned person the average joe white Australian is intimidated just on the appreance , before the person has done anything they are being judged as something to be feared ....
facing that kind of reception day in day out you can understand how and why a person can feel alienated and why they would find the comfort in only sticking with their own kind, have enough of this happen then that turns into anger and when you have a group of angry people with a common link to that anger you have a gang ...
the perception of a big tall black man being scary is the problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think the same thing .... from the posts made "So lets fix our good work by bringing in some 7 foot thugs to monster them." shows the real issue here ... fear.... unfortunatly if you have a big tall very dark skinned person the average joe white Australian is intimidated just on the appreance , before the person has done anything they are being judged as something to be feared ....
facing that kind of reception day in day out you can understand how and why a person can feel alienated and why they would find the comfort in only sticking with their own kind, have enough of this happen then that turns into anger and when you have a group of angry people with a common link to that anger you have a gang ...

The ones I have come across are just young punks in grouse kicks. They're acting like little kents and destroying s**t, but they seem like the scared ones if anything. They're not exactly big shredded monsters. Your average IT contractor would have more muscle than an entire group of these bean pole kids. I know they are different levels of severity in different neighborhoods, but I've literally walked passed a group of these lads trashing s**t (and laughing at 'em like you would a brat having a tanty) and seeing 'em on the news that night represented as demonic hell raises.

Perhaps the problem is that the PC/SJW world has made us (gen Z in particular) so piss poor with conflict, we don't have a natural thug eco system which sorts itself out.

Bring Ben home. A two year campaign started on draft night. Make it so, Number One!
4uvuco.jpg
If that was really me the boat would be full of 50cm flathead

Surely our immigration program is there to bring in the best and the brightest, there’s a points system to help determine this based on education, work experience and language skills etc.

This is no different to the programs other countries like Britain run, obviously refugees and humanitarian cases are excluded but by and large it’s meant to benifit the country. Where things have gone astray is in the area of chain migration for family members, dodgy work and student visas and the sheer size of the program outstripping our ability to keep pace with infrastructure etc.

A fairly simple tightening of the rules would take care of the problem along with a reduction in numbers. The problem is business supports a high intake for a variety of reasons, we have an education sector drunk on the easy cash international students represent and politicians too scared of vocal lobby groups to act.

Imo we have done incredibly well, if you work your way down the list of countries including the non western ones how many have large immigration programs and are as tolerant as Australia?.

Surely our immigration program is there to bring in the best and the brightest, there’s a points system to help determine this based on education, work experience and language skills etc.

This is no different to the programs other countries like Britain run, obviously refugees and humanitarian cases are excluded but by and large it’s meant to benifit the country. Where things have gone astray is in the area of chain migration for family members, dodgy work and student visas and the sheer size of the program outstripping our ability to keep pace with infrastructure etc.

A fairly simple tightening of the rules would take care of the problem along with a reduction in numbers. The problem is business supports a high intake for a variety of reasons, we have an education sector drunk on the easy cash international students represent and politicians too scared of vocal lobby groups to act.

Imo we have done incredibly well, if you work your way down the list of countries including the non western ones how many have large immigration programs and are as tolerant as Australia?.
nailed it!

i dont think i ever said bring in other countrys criminals ... the fact is there is no stamp on peoples foreheads to tell if they are going to be a criminal or not when they arrive here ... we accept people on the hope they will become solid members of the community most of the time they do some times they dont .. the whole deport them if they dont is what i dont understand ... why should the punishment be worse for a person not born here than that of a person born here ?? crime isnt a imigrant thing , if we stopped the intake we would still have crime

Why is it worse for a P Plate driver to speed than an established driver.

There is no stamp on their head. Correct.
So how about a system , where we try them out, and if they fail dismally we toss them back?

Why should they retain the rights ahead of all these others, who were also not born here?

https://www.borgenmagazine.com/ten-largest-refugee-camps-world/

Perhaps that's part of it. But i often go out in Dandenong, ( There's some great food around Little India ) and there are plenty of Big Tall people acting in a normal , Non Intimidating way, I don't feel threatened by them, they are totally fine. I feel quite safe there 95% of the time. Admittedly i'm not out on the streets late.
There IS a lot of police presence around the railway station I've noticed, its long been a hotbed of people with drug issues, and subsequent crime.

I've also worked in a polling booth in an area with a high number of Somali. It was great to see some people who seemed to be happy and excited to be voting.

Why is it worse for a P Plate driver to speed than an established driver.

There is no stamp on their head. Correct.
So how about a system , where we try them out, and if they fail dismally we toss them back?

Why should they retain the rights ahead of all these others, who were also not born here?

https://www.borgenmagazine.com/ten-largest-refugee-camps-world/
you kind of prove my point with your P plater comment .... speeding when having a crash is equally as bad as a P plater as it is for a full license driver ... the fact we have differant rules for them is stupid and does nothing to prevent road accidents ...

once the country accepts a person we accept them having a "try out" period is stupid if crime was only ever comitted by people we brought in then yeah but it isnt so we cant have a set of rules for some but not others and expect that people will be fine with that .... what next restrict people with criminal pasts from having children ?

this. although ive seen some utter s**t get working visa's with very little checks and balances. horrendous resources.

there's a good argument for immigration working against the source country rather than the destination. like if you keep pulling the "good citizens" from a country that already has issues, all you are doing is contributing to its instability. for example, take say pakistan. if we want to improve the region, are we doing the right thing, pulling their best from there?

on the sudanese thing. i worked with a sudanese refugee when i was a laborer during uni. never met a more gentle, polite and humble guy. the workplace harrassment, bullying and blatant racism he experienced AT WORK, was horrendous and this was only in the 00s, so not long ago.

And the was a Nurse FFS.

I don't think you are capable of reading anything i've written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back