Believe what you want to believe...
I’ve got the screenshot m8.

66818286-1462-4B52-85DA-3C7E61A2AF86.png

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's not about believing, it's about results.

And we have NOT had a great track record of recuperating crook players.
Rubbish. Freeman and Hugh have both recuperated. Sadly their injuries have not enabled them to get back to 100%

Hugh is on a list. No one has picked up Freeman, although he will likely play at a lower level.

I think China was ahead of its time as we are now seeing.

Right idea. Wong Fook Hing timing...
Sigh.

If only I didn’t run Kosi/Ball/X.Clarke/Hamill into the ground.

You're talking as if the club grew him a new leg...

He had a dodgy hammy.

A dodgy hammy that had plagued him for years, since he was drafted in fact. A hammy that the Collingwood doctors couldn’t fix.

The medical team got him to a stage where he played pretty much a full season, even though it was VFL, and debuted, which was more than he had done thus far.

I doubt any medical staff, anywhere, would have been able to get him back to the player he promised to be.

Jade Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
You're talking as if the club grew him a new leg...

He had a dodgy hammy.
Tbh Ian I’m not sure your assertion that the saints have a poor record medically has anything really to back it up.
There’s a lot of information thrown around both factual and fiction about players and their medical issues that is pretty random

Im not saying we dont have a good medical team but we hardly fixed Freeman or Goddard both got delisted , i wouldnt call that a win and how have we fixed Paddy ? The only way we fixed Paddy from concussion was to not play him

Unfortunately that will be an unwanted by product of ‘having a good medical team’; they will demand proper management of athletes be prioritised above playing games.

The consequences of concussion are real and can be severe and disabilitating. Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy the worst case scenario.

Everyone, including Paddy and the medical team, would have been frustrated by the head knocks. Our frustration should not allow us to weaken in our resolve to create the space for our athletes to recover. The fact that Paddy was pulled from playing in the face of the heightened pressures he faces as a number one draft pick should reassure us that we are trying to get the best out of Paddy in a way that allows him to have a long career AND a healthy post football life.

Unfortunately that will be an unwanted by product of ‘having a good medical team’; they will demand proper management of athletes be prioritised above playing games.

The consequences of concussion are real and can be severe and disabilitating. Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy the worst case scenario.

Everyone, including Paddy and the medical team, would have been frustrated by the head knocks. Our frustration should not allow us to weaken in our resolve to create the space for our athletes to recover. The fact that Paddy was pulled from playing in the face of the heightened pressures he faces as a number one draft pick should reassure us that we are trying to get the best out of Paddy in a way that allows him to have a long career AND a healthy post football life.
I agree 100%they did the right thing by Paddy , i wasn't questioning the medicos mate i was more saying that the poster claimed that our medicos had possibly fixed Paddy , Not sure how you can possibly fix concussion issues

I agree 100%they did the right thing by Paddy , i wasn't questioning the medicos mate i was more saying that the poster claimed that our medicos had possibly fixed Paddy , Not sure how you can possibly fix concussion issues
Yeah, I get you. I may have not been quite as clear as I thought.

What I meant to imply is that Paddy may not even be broken and some of his time away from the game may be more preventive than curative. Same applies to our treatment of Freeman.

Unfortunately a good medical team will try to stay in front of injuries as much as respond to them, especially surrounding brain injury. I could see a scenario where the player feels well enough to play and the medical team says something like ‘that’s all well and good but we will not sign off for any game time until we can run further tests, make an informed diagnosis, and develop a proper plan for you moving forward and incorporate that into the way you train and play”.

Saints43

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2010
Flemington
AFL Club
St Kilda
Freeman played a handful of games in his first 2 seasons. I don't know why you're giving the medical staff a tick for him.
I'm not sure that being selected to play for St Kilda, or not being selected to play for St Kilda is any reflection of form or fitness over the last couple of seasons.

Back