WBBL|04 Season 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, that stumping was absolute BS, though, as her foot was definitely still in when the bails were taken off but then she went out of her crease and she didn't take a stump out of the ground like she needed to....

yeah; that screenshot shows the bails not broken and look how close she was... unfortunately we can't scrub the cricket.com.au stream at one frame at a time to get the most accurate check on the run-out.

And Sophie Devine also hits a 6 off the first ball of the super over... and a second 6 off the second ball of the super over... just one run to win now lol fail for the Hurricanes, success for Sophie Devine

yeah; that screenshot shows the bails not broken and look how close she was... unfortunately we can't scrub the cricket.com.au stream at one frame at a time to get the most accurate check on the run-out.
One of the bails is already clearly dislodged in that screenshot which btw I had one crack at to take. And the replay came up on the stream instantly, so it seems like another case of not using the technology available to get the correct decision. This was the case in the 2017 World Cup and then by the 2018 World T20 every game had full referral systems in place including ball-tracking and snicko, something to think about for CA maybe.

And then undoes all her good work with textbook right-arm slow junk, back to reality.

Nah she did her part even if Tahuhu held that sitter, didn't panic and made up for the slow start.

She’s lucky we won but jeez she’s batting like she’s using a toothpick half the time. Still rather have Kaur and Taylor at 4 and 5

She’s lucky we won but jeez she’s batting like she’s using a toothpick half the time. Still rather have Kaur and Taylor at 4 and 5
No doubt! That's on Kaur though, her reservations about facing five balls in the powerplay don't make sense to me.

Then she goes and gets run out Avendano-style, whew, almost trying to make a case to be exiled from my ToTT or something.

No doubt! That's on Kaur though, her reservations about facing five balls in the powerplay don't make sense to me.

Then she goes and gets run out Avendano-style, whew, almost trying to make a case to be exiled from my ToTT or something.

Don’t get me started on Kaur’s nonsense about 5 balls in the powerplay. Dead set it’s beyond silly. Would be like the Sixers batting Perry at 5 lol

one of the commo tators tellls me the following

Is it true ,sydney women 6's get to keep all their overseas players for the final
The other teams losing theirs

Hurricanes vs Strikers again, one day after the super over at the same ground... Strikers predictably won it quite easily (5-165), this time, as the Hurricanes struggled with the bat and lost regular wickets at crucial stages. Heather Knight 55 off 39 was the only batter that looked any good for the Hurricanes (9-141)

Tahlia McGrath 65 off 39 a deserved BoG after Bates/Devine put them on a fairly strong front-foot early in their innings.

Makes the run for the finals quite interesting.

Is it true ,sydney women 6's get to keep all their overseas players for the final
Essentially the South-African girls will hang around, so that means Kapp and VanNiekerk for the Sixers will stay. I'm sure some are leaving, at some point, for other sides, but I'm not sure which ones are specifically leaving and when. *shrug*

Correct. Thunder lose Kaur and Taylor for their first final at least

Poor old Sam Betts bowled probably the worst over I've seen at Big Bash level today. Could not land it on the pitch but when she did, she a) still went for runs, and b) had her tag/GPS sleeve hanging out the back of her collar looking real daggy. I've had plenty of those days, myself, except it would usually bleed into my fielding too.

These back-to-back losses cement Hobart as back-to-back wooden spooners, but they have been unluckier this time around. Matthews going down really doused a lot of 50-50 contests--look no further than Devine's catch today to show how one classy player in one moment can make a huge difference.

But if you want to be a genuine threat, teams need players who can step up to the plate (at least for a little while). Fortune might be on the Sixers' side this year as they attempt a three-peat, but let's not forget they lost Kapp and van Niekerk for the end of WBBL03, whilst Perry and Gardner didn't play in the WBBL02 final either (EDIT: just double-checked, Gardner did play, think I'm remembering her being under a concussion cloud or something).

Last edited:
Stars in huge trouble here
that was a massive understatement... all out for 88 off 19.5 overs after Sammy-Jo Johnson ripped through their top order with 3-12 off her 4 overs. Delissa Kimmince was equally good with the ball with 4-18 off her 4.

Then BoG Johnson to add to her excellent bowling performance, she made 30 runs off 14 balls in the chase, which was completed in 8.4 overs for the loss of just 3 wickets (3-91). Jess Jonassen was also quite good with the bat getting 34* off 14. That's a domination by the Heat to basically cement themselves into a finals spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Sydney Oval was busy?
Looking at mycricket, yes there is already a premier league game scheduled for North Sydney. But that's also the case for Drummoyne! Few club cricket venues aren't busy at this time of the year. However the main NSO appears to be vacant the following weekend, if ya catch my drift.

Strikers made 7-138 and then bowled excellently to get the Scorchers all out for 108. Quality game from Devine to make 59 and Bridget Patterson backed her up with a 32 to push the score up to a respectable amount at the end.

Ebsary was the best in the chase to make 38, but not enough as the others all easily lost their wickets.

Sophie Devine a deserved BoG.

Renegades making 6-146 is a good score considering the early circumstances... Satterthwaite (66 off 57) and Duffin (30 off 22) making good scores to push the score up there through the middle and end of the innings.

I'm interested to see if the Hurricanes can successfully chase this, but I doubt it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back